• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Arteta tax has to be considered though, it’s only fair.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Think this pretty much sums it up. He's playing far too safe at the moment. Also, worryingly getting caught in possession and bullied off the ball at times. He has the quality to rectify these issues, but whether this is an innate problem with his game or can be worked on through coaching etc... Not sure at this point.
Needs the hair dryer treatment.

Tell Ødegaard to be a man. Look for Auba. Force Auba to make runs. Force Saka and ESR to make runs. Pass forward with intent and without fear.

bakaboo

Conclusion. Ode played like a 8 in a 10 position. It seems that he is avoiding the space behind the striker for whatever reasons.

OSBK

Established Member
He isnt for this league period. He is a tidy player and im sure in france or spain he would do very well. Lets not kid ourselves, every team we play will look at Ødegaard and say to the team hit him early and he will crumble.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Has had a poor start to the season, kinda worrying. I think there’s more to come eventually, but I can’t help and still hate the fact we didn’t at least try to sign Nkunku. He woulda been a game changer here.

We have lacked goals from our midfield and Nkunku has the potential to be hitting double digit numbers goal wise every season.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He isnt for this league period. He is a tidy player and im sure in france or spain he would do very well. Lets not kid ourselves, every team we play will look at Ødegaard and say to the team hit him early and he will crumble.
Yeah I don’t think he is for this league either. You can’t lack pace and strength in this league. If you do you will have to be extremely intelligent player to compensate for that like crack, cazorla, jorginho etc etc

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Was bad before our goal.. But after we got the lead and had more space, he got better but that's to be expected. Really needs to get better.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

People can dress it up as they like, he hasnt lit up anything thus far. Knew this would happen!!

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Rewatched the match on Arsenal-Player and he really wasn't that bad this time around. All the criticism in this thread still applies (no end product, lack of urgency, gets hustled too much), but that aside he was also doing some very good stuff in the match as well;

Hit a cracking free kick; linked up well with Tomi & Saka on the right especially; contributed to our dominance on the ball over Newcastle. Also some lovely individual bits of control, skill and passing.

We are rightly judging him against a high standard for an Arsenal attacking player ("Is he good enough to propel us into the top 4?"). Judged on that, the answer is currently no, but I also think the Ceballos comparisons are wide of the mark. Ødegaard's capable of controlling matches and as a signing he's useful in the squad even if he ends up flopping for the first team. Think if he doesn't improve he should be fairly easy to move on with lots of interested teams but we'll see I guess.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
udged on that, the answer is currently no, but I also think the Ceballos comparisons are wide of the mark. Ødegaard's capable of controlling matches and as a signing he's useful in the squad even if he ends up flopping for the first team.
If we compare the best of Ceballos' games against Ode's, think it's an easy win for Ceballos even though he was overall a poor player for us in the end. It's OK to say it's not good enough and let's hope he gets better. He is Mikel's boy and definitely won't be in a position where Laca and Pepe are, no matter how poor he is he will get his chances to show he can do more, which can't be said for the other 2

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Rewatched the match on Arsenal-Player and he really wasn't that bad this time around. All the criticism in this thread still applies (no end product, lack of urgency, gets hustled too much), but that aside he was also doing some very good stuff in the match as well;

Hit a cracking free kick; linked up well with Tomi & Saka on the right especially; contributed to our dominance on the ball over Newcastle. Also some lovely individual bits of control, skill and passing.

We are rightly judging him against a high standard for an Arsenal attacking player ("Is he good enough to propel us into the top 4?"). Judged on that, the answer is currently no, but I also think the Ceballos comparisons are wide of the mark. Ødegaard's capable of controlling matches and as a signing he's useful in the squad even if he ends up flopping for the first team. Think if he doesn't improve he should be fairly easy to move on with lots of interested teams but we'll see I guess.
Did you think he was okay in the first half? I felt he was extremely wasteful at the time and remember several occasions where he lost the ball in the hole although I haven’t rewatched the match unlike your self.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ceballos was a weird one, thought post lockdown in 19/20 he was unreal in that 343 next to Xhaka. Those two were a big reason we won the cup, along with Auba. Other than that period though he was shocking.

Ødegaard is a better player for me, but the way the games going it is quite hard to see him being a first 11 player in a top side (what we are aiming to be), just doesn't have the athleticism. That's not to say he won't be a really important squad player though, which at 34m is what he's kind of valued at.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Did you think he was okay in the first half? I felt he was extremely wasteful at the time and remember several occasions where he lost the ball in the hole although I haven’t rewatched the match unlike your self.
I actually thought he was pretty good apart from the frustrating lack of end product yeah. He lost the ball a couple of times (but wasn't the only player to do so) but was involved a lot in our build up and generally kept things ticking, pressured mistakes from Newcastle; won a free kick; forced a very good save etc. He was significantly better than Partey & ESR for me (and I'm huge fans of those two normally).

I just want to see him driving at the goal and shooting more. He tends to sit off the final quarter of the pitch which makes him less influential.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I actually thought he was pretty good apart from the frustrating lack of end product yeah. He lost the ball a couple of times (but wasn't the only player to do so) but was involved a lot in our build up and generally kept things ticking, pressured mistakes from Newcastle; won a free kick; forced a very good save etc. He was significantly better than Partey & ESR for me (and I'm huge fans of those two normally).

I just want to see him driving at the goal and shooting more. He tends to sit off the final quarter of the pitch which makes him less influential.
Interesting, I didn’t think ESR got any of the ball to show anything in the first half. I’ve never thought it’s worked well in build up between Esr and Ode on the pitch together because Ode favours the right hand side so heavily. But paradoxically I think it increases ESR’s potential goal threat as it sucks the play away from him.

Top Bottom