• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
We just bought the player, he’s supposed to be the solution to the 10 problem, not a necessary evil. Besides the team have been winning with Laca in the position so he is dispensable even amongst weak competition.

If you play a proper 10 that sits in the spaces in front of the midfield they have to contribute real incision otherwise it’s a waste of the most valuable spaces on the pitch. The Bernardo comparison makes little sense to me.
The more i watch us play, the more i think 523 might be in the cards next season? Back 3 of Saliba White Gabriel. We have an emphasis of getting the ball wide, rarely play through the middle or use the no.10, whether its Ødegaard or Lacazette.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
The more i watch us play, the more i think 523 might be in the cards next season? Back 3 of Saliba White Gabriel. We have an emphasis of getting the ball wide, rarely play through the middle or use the no.10, whether its Ødegaard or Lacazette.
It's possible, we have a few of the components but we're light at RWB and I think Arteta's vision of football is with a back 4. I'd be surprised if we went down that road.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
When we signed him in the summer I said he has to come of age now and step up a level or two.

He’s gone backwards if anything. Still young enough to come good though.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Another non performance from the fake lesbian..., now I'm hearing he needs wingers and strikers to be more effective, Arsenal faithful love excuses.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Wasn’t great it has to be said, although we were playing against a deep block and had a statue up front so opportunities to make something happen are few and far between. The wide players don’t really have the movement for him to do anything either. Martinelli was making some runs when he came on that would help. You need those Walcott type runs coming from wide into a central position.
Don't think it's Auba's fault this guy can't pass or control a ball against the worst team in the league.
What's he here for if he's not meant to perform against deep blocks? I thought that was the reason we bought him

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Don't think it's Auba's fault this guy can't pass or control a ball against the worst team in the league.
What's he here for if he's not meant to perform against deep blocks? I thought that was the reason we bought him

A player can only do so much. Did you see anyone making a run for him to play them through on goal? Saka hugs the touch line and stays very wide. ESR takes up more central positions and hangs around outside the box. Aubameyang does nothing. We don’t have a runner from midfield like Özil had with Ramsey.

I agree that Ødegaard hasn’t been great. His touch has been sloppy far too often and he tends to hold onto the ball too long but the way the team is set up isn’t helping him either. I’m starting to think we’d be better off just playing two up front and buy a big lump for Auba to play off.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I am trying not to criticise him but I need to get this off my chest. Not to play psychologist but I do think Ødegaard’s problem is down to his personality. He is not a risk-taker, everything about him is quite conservative when it comes to his play. Stylistically he’s an analogue for Cesc/Özil but in reality he’s more of an Iwobi. He’s much more of a facilitator than creator. I wanted us to sign a creative LW and really make ESR work as a 10 because I saw some “devil” in ESR. There’s no devil in Ødegaard.
I want to expand on this after thinking a bit. Tavares has half the ability that Ødegaard has but twice the self-belief and risk-taking. No doubt if you gave both 30 games Tavares is walking away with more end product. My biggest problem with Ødegaard is that for attacking player, you need to be a risk taker. Look at Bruno Fernandes, he’s not someone that I rate highly but his self-belief and daredevil attitude is why he can put up elite numbers. The De Bryunes and the Fodens are elite risk takers but have the ball retention to go with it. Ødegaard only excels at retention and his lack of attacking prowess comes from his mindset than ability. The next time he plays, I want you to count the amount of times he’ll look for the reverse pass to the fullback than the through ball. He does it an awful lot for an attacking midfielder. Even in his best game for us, his primary source of creativity was to look for Chambers on the overlap.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Think Patino should start getting some of his minutes. Really don't think he'd look much worse on the ball than Ode and has a better passing range too.
If he is as good as Saka or ESR at same age he should play.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I want to expand on this after thinking a bit. Tavares has half the ability that Ødegaard has but twice the self-belief and risk-taking. No doubt if you gave both 30 games Tavares is walking away with more end product. My biggest problem with Ødegaard is that for attacking player, you need to be a risk taker. Look at Bruno Fernandes, he’s not someone that I rate highly but his self-belief and daredevil attitude is why he can put up elite numbers. The De Bryunes and the Fodens are elite risk takers but have the ball retention to go with it. Ødegaard only excels at retention and his lack of attacking prowess comes from his mindset than ability. The next time he plays, I want you to count the amount of times he’ll look for the reverse pass to the fullback than the through ball. He does it an awful lot for an attacking midfielder. Even in his best game for us, his primary source of creativity was to look for Chambers on the overlap.
You nailed the thing I don’t like about him. He is limited physically and is a bit of luxury player but he doesn’t back himself to pick the dangerous through ball or little chip over the top. Anybody can sideways abd back pass. He isn’t particularly creative for a player that plays as creative midfielder while being a liability without the ball. The guy is young it could be that he makes a big improvement with a bit more risk taking and backing himself.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Think this pretty much sums it up. He's playing far too safe at the moment. Also, worryingly getting caught in possession and bullied off the ball at times. He has the quality to rectify these issues, but whether this is an innate problem with his game or can be worked on through coaching etc... Not sure at this point.

Tomb Bombadil

He's certainly better as what he's showing atm. But that's just not enough from him. I think he's confidence is really low atm.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think this pretty much sums it up. He's playing far too safe at the moment. Also, worryingly getting caught in possession and bullied off the ball at times. He has the quality to rectify these issues, but whether this is an innate problem with his game or can be worked on through coaching etc... Not sure at this point.

Considering his quality, I will give him until the second half of the season to really establish himself...some signings need about a year to adapt, but I will be worried if he doesn't step up his level post January.

Shows how good the signings have been this summer, when Martin has been the only disappointing one so far, but even then you still have some hope he can turn it around.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I'm surprised about these comments. I thought Ødegaard played very well yesterday, his control and passing in tight tight spaces was exceptional.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Another non performance from the fake lesbian..., now I'm hearing he needs wingers and strikers to be more effective, Arsenal faithful love excuses.
We had a guy like that before, at least he was coming up with some 15 assists per season or so

Latest posts

Top Bottom