• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
It's alright tho, we saved a bit of money, Kroenke can afford his new yacht and that's all that matters.
Is Maddison proven? All he’s proven over the years is he has a spell of 7 or 8 games where he is consistent and stat pads followed by a string of games where he is horribly off form/injured/dropped. Either way, 60+m for Maddison will always be way too much.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Everything he does is too slow. He's nowhere near sharper. Slow moving and seemingly slow thinking. Having ability is nothing if you can move the ball quickly and you're not aware. It's like he waits for the ball to come to him before he makes a decision. And once he gets it he's usually too slow at moving.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Is Maddison proven? All he’s proven over the years is he has a spell of 7 or 8 games where he is consistent and stat pads followed by a string of games where he is horribly off form/injured/dropped. Either way, 60+m for Maddison will always be way too much.

I agree far too much, poor Stan needs that money

Bloodbather

Established Member

He was okay. The goal neutralized the penalty. Needs to play with more courage to be effective. Also needs players who make runs behind the defense to do his thing. Seems to have good chemistry with Martinelli because he's the type of forward that does make those runs constantly.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Everything he does is too slow. He's nowhere near sharper. Slow moving and seemingly slow thinking. Having ability is nothing if you can move the ball quickly and you're not aware. It's like he waits for the ball to come to him before he makes a decision. And once he gets it he's usually too slow at moving.
Yes agree not only slow but his first touch poor and he getting easily bullied having attacking midfield scoring is nice and Ødegaard look capable doing that. Let's see if he can can improve his movement and body strength playing in PL is lot different than la liga

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Thats interesting when i said i thought Joe had better running ability i meant engine. As i mentioned on another post i thought iwobi had the potential to be really good & thought it may be a mistake letting him go but seems to have not kicked on & possibly regressed since going to Everton.

What do you think about Balogun, I don't tend to get over excited by youth stats but hes looking like he needs tougher games to see if he can make the 'step up'
Loan move in Jan to try & get him more minutes or keep him around?
If we were in Europa Im sure he would have got some run outs.

Think Balogun def needs a loan in January. He has outgrown U23 by now. Think he is a good prospect, good physical tools and pretty decent technically too.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
And Arteta rather use players that want to leave than Balogun.
Of all the valid sticks to beat Arteta with, surely the "doesn't play the youth" one is pretty indefensible now? We have the youngest starting 11 in the league by a distance; at least 2/3 academy graduates playing at any one time; even Martinelli got a start in the last game.

Balogun played in pre-season and against Brentford he looked lost. He needs a loan. When he bangs 20 goals in the Championship then we can beat up Arteta if he's not an option.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Of all the valid sticks to beat Arteta with, surely the "doesn't play the youth" one is pretty indefensible now? We have the youngest starting 11 in the league by a distance; at least 2/3 academy graduates playing at any one time; even Martinelli got a start in the last game.

Balogun played in pre-season and against Brentford he looked lost. He needs a loan. When he bangs 20 goals in the Championship then we can beat up Arteta if he's not an option.

Why didnt he start against Wimbledon instead of a player that want to leave Arsenal? Why wasnt he brought on against Leeds when we had 5 fvcking subs? Why has he been in the PL squad only twice this season?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Why didnt he start against Wimbledon instead of a player that want to leave Arsenal? Why wasnt he brought on against Leeds when we had 5 fvcking subs? Why has he been in the PL squad only twice this season?
Who knows? Could have been any number of reasons why. Training, form, sickness, other players, tactical reasons. It's proper 2+2 stuff to say that he's been denied chances. He should be way down the pecking order because we still had Nketiah, struggling to give game time to Laca, Pepe, Martinelli etc. He still started the first match of the season.

You can only play 11 players in each match and we have a squad of around 30 so the fringe players are going to miss out sometimes. It's not a conspiracy theory. He needs a loan.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Who knows? Could have been any number of reasons why. Training, form, sickness, other players, tactical reasons. It's proper 2+2 stuff to say that he's been denied chances. He should be way down the pecking order because we still had Nketiah, struggling to give game time to Laca, Pepe, Martinelli etc. He still started the first match of the season.

You can only play 11 players in each match and we have a squad of around 30 so the fringe players are going to miss out sometimes. It's not a conspiracy theory. He needs a loan.

The point is that there has been good opportunities to play but our idiot manager (your idol) didnt give a fvcking sh1t about that.

Haphazard

Waste of money tbh, it seems like he does have the ability to kick it up a gear but is too afraid to take risks. Could be the system could be the player himself.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
After like 5 years of Lacazette just when we are almost getting rid of him we sign this guy to stink it up even worse. I use to hate on Giroud then Laca made me appreciate him, now Ødegaard is making me appreciate Laca. Only at Arsenal do we spend loads of money to downgrade.

Top Bottom