• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Pulp

Fair play to him though. He has had some unreal expectations on him, but has remained pretty down to earth. There is a long list of wonder kids who never really make it, be it pressure, off-pitch stuff or whatever else. Him being so mature for his age is a real testament to his character.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Fair play to him though. He has had some unreal expectations on him, but has remained pretty down to earth. There is a long list of wonder kids who never really make it, be it pressure, off-pitch stuff or whatever else. Him being so mature for his age is a real testament to his character.
Must be a bit like being a child actor.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's much better when he gets on the ball instead of drifting and doing the intangible stuff. I'm not sure if he'll be a constant dictator of play in the traditional sense, but the last game was levels better than his earlier work.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Surely the title has to be, Good & Blonde! When you consider we are only half way through the season and he wasn't starting to begin with, he's come on in leaps and bounds. His assists by the end of the season could be pretty special.

I'd still like to see him score 10 as well. Saka has upped his goal rate so my suggestion of 10 a piece from Ødegaard, ESR & Saka this season is looking very possible.

sdotzdot

Established Member
He's in fantastic form right now. Getting goals, assists and really knitting everything together.

He was majestic against Norwich, but the real challenge is in our tougher games coming up against City Wolves and Sp**s.
It’s not even just form, he is an elite talent.

Once he settles into pl football and develops even further (still young), he has the capabilities of becoming a world class attacking midfielder.

The two main things that stop natural talents like him are either mentality or injuries. He has a winners mentality from what I’ve seen and does not seem to be injury prone so really the sky is the limit for him.

Fabregasm

Some insight this… 🤦🏾‍♂️

He’s creating despite all of these limitations

This aged quite well

Spoke too soon?

Being proven wrong by a player is the best thing that can happen in this kinda thread :)

As with Partey, they are capable of dropping off into atrocious form so I remain skeptical till a longer term of consistency.

Reactions: Kav

Kav

Established Member
Consistency will be the key. However as with all young players their form changes from one game to the next. Hopefully he will feel settled and motivated to do more. I would like to see him demand the ball a little more but that will come with confidence.

For now I want him to learn how his teammates play like the back of his hand. If he does this, good things will happen soon.

balthazar

In a way I feel for Ødegaard.

It's fine being a wonderkid and getting your dream move as a Real Madrid player on paper but when you're being shunted around Europe to a new club most seasons you don't have the stability you need to really develop and settle as a player.

If this form is ball park his level going forward we've got him at a bargain price.

Has the feel of a Wenger type player.
Had he signed for Arsenal at 16, he would be starting at Real Madrid by now.

Pulp

Did we try for him when he was 15 and was shopping around Europe?
Arsenal were interested, as were many other clubs. Real Madrid was offering guaranteed first team football and a job for his father though, so not surprisingly he chose them.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He’s basically just had a month of performances on par with that West Ham away game from last season. There’s not many better around when he’s at this level, the fact that people have moved on from ESR or Ødegaard to ESR or Martinelli says it all really.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Selling Joe Willock for 25m and buying Ødegaard for 35m looking like an amazing piece of business. #noteveryacademyplayermakesit

Been banging on that drumm for ages. I was ecstatic when we were able to shift Willock for 25m. Should have cashed in on Nketiah long time ago but you can't sell them all. We've done some exemplary business, making money off academy products and rejects like Walcott and Ox.

Top Bottom