• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

mpower2540

Thought he was our most secure player yesterday offensively. I’d love to see him take a shot on more. If he can add that to his game, and he certainly can, then he can be a real top player.

BIoodBrother

He was really slick yesterday. So composed on his first time passes. Perfect speed on them. Only remember one mistake and ofc he and Saka showed their great little 1-2 link up once more.

Sometimes people dont notice how important a perfectly weighted ball is all over the pitch, not just key passes, bc half a second is a long time and if you habe the ball early you can dictate while your opponent is not yet in position.
Next to Xhaka, whos passing in that way is sublime, Ode is becoming very good at that.
Twice there was passes from RCM to Gabriel, so they were going backwards but they only travelled a couple of tenth of a second and not only did he escape the pressure but open up the space on the left hand side of the pitch.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Some people were criticising him last night. I thought he was tidy and worked hard. I don’t think he was poor, just not Uber creative like he was in the past month gone by.

Liam_Og

He was tidy but walking off he looked a little gassed. He looked stronger, i saw him shrug off a couple of challenges, seems that they are working on his physique in training and fitness is coming secondary.

Feel for the lad though, if he had a quick CF in front of him, and Gabi/Saka were told to make and occasional inverted run (which they clearly aren’t) he’d be so much more effective.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
not sure why mikel took him off we were controlling the game very well with him maybe he was still in pain because of that bad tackle from Saiss.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I must say I'm very pleased he came to Arsenal. He's had some awful career decisions so far, but I think he finally got it right coming here. He's becoming an integral part of a young group trying to bring this great club back to where it should be.

Ødegaard could have chosen to be a part time squaddie at Real, I think he got it right choosing to come here.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
He was very good against Wolves, but, i'm not seeing any of them through balls from last season. Every pass is to Saka or the RB. He's had a good season, but i want more creativity from him, more risks, more output.
Arteta coaching that out from him. And as he is his blondie girl, Ode does all what he tells him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Such intelligent player would hope he be more clinical upfront of goal look he afraid of shooting despite having good opportunities

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Since he got deservedly dropped for Laca way back v Villa, it's been the making of him.

He's stepped up both his hunger to get on the ball/make things happen with it, and his desire to keep hold off it under pressure...been the main reason for our improved football, imo.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You can see he is still young in the way his form fluctuates. I think he had a good game today, and you perceive he is happy. Actually, it is a vibe you pick up from this current lot, they are in a good place. Young, eager to prove themselves.

We just need to bring more power to this team in the summer. A top striker would really lift the side.

Zaza

His finishing will get better with time. Good performance. I still feel he can go up another level. Next season he'll be immense!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Beautiful little twists and turns opening up space for our forwards. He can become more clinical yes but his main job is to create and he's done very well in that regard lately.

Can't wait to see him feeding a top striker. I also like how he's looked when played a bit deeper in midfield, he has a great range of passing.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Beautiful little twists and turns opening up space for our forwards. He can become more clinical yes but his main job is to create and he's done very well in that regard lately.

Can't wait to see him feeding a top striker. I also like how he's looked when played a bit deeper in midfield, he has a great range of passing.
Cant believe we all wanted Maddison instead of him at the start of the season

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We'll need to see that sort of performance against top teams to say he is a real success. For every good game, there was one where he was rubbish.
I don't like to compare him with crap players to pretend he is doing great, the goal is for him to reach the heights of Cazorla and early Arsenal career Özil, that's what we need to look for, not someone who is gonna be more creative than Elneny or Xhaka.

Definitely needs more time but there are some positive signs he could be a valuable player for us in years to come

Top Bottom