• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
All the smug posters telling us that they were right about Ødegaard when most of the forum wanted him here 🤣🤣🤣🤦

Edit - I'll give it to @Heavy Duty Rom though, he was the leader for this Transfer, no question.

A lot of the anti Ødegaard brigade have conveniently dissapeared from this thread and some from the forum. Mind you, they'll be back as soon as Ode loses a bit of form again.

Anything not to admit that they were dead wrong.

Just take a look around ;)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

All the smug posters telling us that they were right about Ødegaard when most of the forum wanted him here 🤣🤣🤣🤦

Edit - I'll give it to @Heavy Duty Rom though, he was the leader for this Transfer, no question.
Honestly 😂

The size of the anti-Ødegaard group is hugely exaggerated. Some thought he was a bit of a boring/safe signing, some simply didn’t mind, I don’t remember many being completely against it.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Ødegaard was fairly popular or atleast a 50/50 player. I insisted he was a better no.10 than ESR and his loan wasn't that bad but I think that was the wildest takes I had.

Think I had doubts whether he would get enough chances or make enough of an impact during his initial 6 month loan as that's a tricky situation, but yeah that's not been an non issue Arteta has been backing him.

I like him. Ødegaard, Pepe are probably the most technically proficient in the squad I feel, even with their left foot bias.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Had to give man like TinFish the threadmark, guy deserves it

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Had to give man like TinFish the threadmark, guy deserves it
Seemed to suggest Ode wasn’t top quality here:

E5577813-C138-4-D8-E-907-C-0-ED934-C2-BCA0.jpg

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Seemed to suggest Ode wasn’t top quality here:

E5577813-C138-4-D8-E-907-C-0-ED934-C2-BCA0.jpg

He could be referring to Ødegaard here tbf. Before his stock dropped a bit I would have laughed off an Ødegaard transfer once upon a time.

• Wow
Reactions: A_G

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

While we can say that Ødegaard has been good for Arsenal, there is no doubt in my mind that Arsenal came around at the right time for him. Win win situation really.

There was an interview he did with TV2 in Norway recently here, google translate should give you the gist of it

Seems the coaching staff made a detailed plan for him this autumn, and that they've been working on a specific set of priorities.

Last edited:

Henry boi

Ødegaard was very popular at first, people wish listed him alot because at the time him coming to us was unrealistic but when he came over people started crying about Maddison, Buendia etc lol and underating Ode

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I have to admit that he's been a lot better than I expected. The more involved he is, the better he looks. My only criticism of him is tackling in and near the box. That heart in mouth stuff but not a regular event.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

While we can say that Ødegaard has been good for Arsenal, there is no doubt in my mind that Arsenal came around at the right time for him. Win win situation really.

There was an interview he did with TV2 in Norway recently here, google translate should give you the gist of it

Seems the coaching staff made a detailed plan for him this autumn, and that they've been working on a specific set of priorities.
Seems Norwegian press reads my posts here. :lol:

Ødegaard is also taking shots at Özil.

"Compared to Mesut Özil

He is beginning to reap the benefits of a goal-oriented plan that was discussed with Arteta and the Arsenal coaching staff. The manager says that they came up with several suggestions for how the Norwegian could make an even bigger difference in his game. Ødegaard agreed.

- He must play closer to the opponent's penalty area. He needs to score more goals, create more chances, run more in the backcourt, be closer to the strikers to support them. He needs to score more on free kicks and can still contribute more on our set pieces, Arteta sums up.

The smart and gorgeous breakthrough passes and the technical delicacies make Arsenal fans compare Ødegaard with the German butler Mesut Özil.

- What do you think about it?

- I'm not very fan of comparing myself to other players, but I take it as a big compliment. He was a player I looked up to a lot. One of my favorites when I was younger, says Ødegaard.

Admittedly, the basis for comparison with Özil fails as soon as Arsenal no longer have the ball. Because where the German was largely considered a luxury player, Ødegaard has made a name for himself through his extremely hard defensive work.

He runs the most on average of all Arsenal players with 11.4 kilometers per game. He is also the player who has won the ball clearly the most times in the opponent's third.

- His defensive work is phenomenal, says manager Mikel Arteta.

"An artist with the ball, but a predator without it," wrote Telegraph journalist Sam Dean in a tribute to the Norwegian running machine.

- What are you most: An artist with the ball or a predator without?

- I think my strengths are first and foremost with the ball, but then I have developed another part of the game and realized that it is becoming more and more important in today's football. Things you got away with just four or five years ago, you do not get away with today. You are even more dependent on the team than before, and then everyone has to do a job, no matter what kind of qualities you have and where you play on the field. If you want to succeed as a team and really be at the top, you have to have eleven men working your ass off, says Ødegaard."

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

With the way man are chatting in thread you would think we signed Kevin De Bruyne. Kelechi Iheanacho has more assists than him ffs.

On the reals though, he's a quality player but I didn't think he would adapt to the PL as quickly as he has (despite the loan). I always regarded him as a Wenger player and Arteta was doing my head in when he was drifting to the right and floating earlier this season. He has taken his game to the next level and has added more responsibility.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom