• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

After like 5 years of Lacazette just when we are almost getting rid of him we sign this guy to stink it up even worse. I use to hate on Giroud then Laca made me appreciate him, now Ødegaard is making me appreciate Laca. Only at Arsenal do we spend loads of money to downgrade.

This is the thing, Laca genuinely offers more in that role and I don't rate him at all.

It's like Torreira and Ceballos being brought in but in the end you realise Xhaka is still the better option. We do things so stupidly at times. We got excited because of 45 minutes Vs West Ham and a hit and hope effort Vs Benfica. Like when we got excited because Ceballos played well in a few Cup games after stinking it up all season.

This club just loves pissing money down the drain on players who'll end up being left out for those who are already at the club

Fabregasm

After like 5 years of Lacazette just when we are almost getting rid of him we sign this guy to stink it up even worse. I use to hate on Giroud then Laca made me appreciate him, now Ødegaard is making me appreciate Laca. Only at Arsenal do we spend loads of money to downgrade.

When the day comes, we appreciate Ødegaard remember that we have hit all time low

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Waste of money tbh, it seems like he does have the ability to kick it up a gear but is too afraid to take risks. Could be the system could be the player himself.

He cost the same as Mustafi, on that basis I'm happy to give him 2 seasons before writing him off.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He cost the same as Mustafi, on that basis I'm happy to give him 2 seasons before writing him off.

A lot of people forget that Mustafi was mostly good in his first season........... based on that Mustafi justified his price tag a lot more than Ødegaard currently is.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Great posting here by my ‘Usual Suspects’ team members, @BigPoppaPump @Tir Na Nog .
All the guys who were arguing for Arsène over the years was right, we were really expecting him to win the league with Mustafi and Xhaka transfer windows and spending 50m on guys like Lacazette. The board really were just making it harder and harder for him, my man was making CL with Coquelin in midfield ffs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
All the guys who were arguing for Arsène over the years was right, we were really expecting him to win the league with Mustafi and Xhaka transfer windows and spending 50m on guys like Lacazette. The board really were just making it harder and harder for him, my man was making CL with Coquelin in midfield ffs.

Coquelin was decent enough, come on man.

Say "Arsène was making Champions League with Kos in defence" if you have to say that phrase.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
A lot of people forget that Mustafi was mostly good in his first season........... based on that Mustafi justified his price tag a lot more than Ødegaard currently is.

You're talking like he's a complete flop. Yes we need far more from him but last season he did well and adjusted quickly, hence us going back in for him. I'm certainly not writing him off yet.

mirrorstares

Fair play for getting a goal out of nowhere and a couple of nice through balls that could have been serious chances

Still thought he switched off for large parts of the game against low quality opposition. Lacazette shouldn't have to be fighting fires all across the midfield when he's deployed as a CF, but that's exactly what had to happen for us to stop getting bullied by Everton's midfield.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Good goal from the lad and is pretty active and all around the pitch spraying passes and opening up space.

Makes me wonder how would he fair in a quick pass and move patterns that Arteta doesn't want or know how to implement.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Quality finish for his goal and was unlucky with the Godfrey block as well. Should have put his right foot through that chance in the 2nd half though.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Majestic volley. He's been disappointing but I always have hope in someone with that much tech.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Thought he was one of - if not the only - DECENT player on the pitch for us for much of the match.

Top Bottom