• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Done good but when there no movement upper on pitch attacking midfielder like Ødegaard won't affect the game much. But i like how he hold the ball under pressure and not let Liverpool press affect him

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I thought he was poor until we changed to a mf two, ESR and öde not suited to two 8’s system atm, nothing up the right for the majority of the game.

Two 8’s didn’t help anyone imo but this is the best we’ve looked with the system, possible silver linings.

Ravirep

Martin and Martinelli were the good ones yesterday. Martinelli is so hard to defend against, but he also loses the ball a lot. What I do miss about Ødegaard is his dribbling past people. He can do that, but for some reason he has just stopped doing it if not pressed to do it.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I didn't see the match and the result is obviously another massive kick in the teeth. It's got to be positive for the rest of the season and our long term prospects though if Martinelli and Ødegaard are continuing to develop and show their quality. When you add those two to ESR and Saka we have a really exciting front line - just missing a top quality CF signing... Think you can say the same for most of our defence which means we *almost* have a core that's competitive again.

Think the striker situation is forgivable to an extent because Auba's form and issues were hard to forsee and it's nearly impossible to get amazing, in form strikers in January. The midfield issues seem like a huge own goal though - letting experienced players like AMN leave; not signing anyone good as a replacement (either now or last summer...). Now the possible cloud hanging over Xhaka as well. It's frustrating because it feels like finally we are so close to having a real quality team again.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Could become the real leader in our attack...much prefer him further forward, but he has the workrate to somewhat play deeper.

Really happy to see him continue to develop, quality player.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Stats eh. He did ok compared to his Arsenal team mates but Fabinho absolutely dominated his area of the pitch today. He’s not a CM yet.

I also think Saka struggled as he’s used to Ødegaard covering his space on the right when he plays as a 10 and Saka drifts inside, which ESR didn’t do.

This compensates for having a defensive right back. I’m very happy with him though - he’s definitely one of our most improved players.

Kav

Established Member
To be fair he had some great touches and passes too. His all retention was excellent at times. He needed help both in midfield and attack. ESR was missing and didn’t help create the space needed nor was there much movement in front of him. Saka was also marked out of the game he was stuck on the right and didn’t really affect the game like he normally does.

He was one of our better players yesterday but I don’t think he’s ever been very effective playing as an 8. He’s better higher up. That’s the dilemma isn’t it what to do with Ødegaard, ESR and Martinelli. Only two of the three seem to play well together.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You'll need a very good defensive midfielder if you want to play Ødegaard as an 8. We' don't really have that.

If you play a midfield trio with someone like Ndidi or Kante behind Ødegaard, it might work. In a central midfield with just two, he'll be too light no matter who you pair him with.

For now, he's a 10.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
You'll need a very good defensive midfielder if you want to play Ødegaard as an 8. We' don't really have that.

If you play a midfield trio with someone like Ndidi or Kante behind Ødegaard, it might work. In a central midfield with just two, he'll be too light no matter who you pair him with.

For now, he's a 10.
He is 10 and should stay there we just forced to play him CM because our experience players can't stop acting stupid and the DOF lazy against Burnley if gone ahead hell play as CM too

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When Partey and Xhaka are back, he won't be used as a CM, so no one has to worry.

Needs must right now though, plus he has some qualities that are useful in that role for a home game against lesser opposition.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Big improvement he made look at these key passes per 90 minutes shame we just can't score from it most of time. Him and ESR will only continue improving thier creativity and goal scoring touch so that great to see.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom