• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Aren’t their investment levels reasonably similar?
No. Since Stan took full control he's spent more than Henry in spite of not having enormous player sales like Coutinho to buoy spending. If you look at his spending with the Nuggets and Rams as well as the money he put into developing the Rams stadium, there's really no comparison. They're getting sick of Henry in Boston because he keeps letting free agents go instead of paying them. Very different ownership styles and I would be shocked if we become as austere as Liverpool appear to be relative to what they should be able to spend anytime soon.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Scary thing about Ødegaard is that there is still a lot of improvement in him. He has been our best player this season but he’s got another few levels to reach. He is that good a player.

Number 1 thing I want to see next season is to dominate the big games and in the CL.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Fxi4_y0aMAkBDVq

my-man-my-man-denzel.gif

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What's interesting, is that in regards to output, Ødegaard almost rivalled Özil's best EPL season for Arsenal. At 3 years younger age.

Ødegaard's this season was 15+8=23 in 3150 minutes in EPL, while Özil's best season was 6+19=25 in 3048 minutes.

What a player Arsenal got for a bargain price!

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
What's interesting, is that in regards to output, Ødegaard almost rivalled Özil's best EPL season for Arsenal. At 3 years younger age.

Ødegaard's this season was 15+8=23 in 3150 minutes in EPL, while Özil's best season was 6+19=25 in 3048 minutes.

I said something last summer that by the time Ødegaard is finished at Arsenal, he will have achieved more than Özil and be better thought of.

That's Arsenal Özil, not the Madrid one. I still stand by it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Has to be said that he also works much harder on the pitch, brilliant player

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I said something last summer that by the time Ødegaard is finished at Arsenal, he will have achieved more than Özil and be better thought of.

That's Arsenal Özil, not the Madrid one. I still stand by it.
Yeah, I suggested Ødegaard has the potential to be Özil with better shooting and defensive prowess. With a little bit less creative abilities of course as Özil level in that area is very rare. Didn't think he would get this close already by output at least.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah, I suggested Ødegaard has the potential to be Özil with better shooting and defensive prowess. With a little bit less creative abilities of course as Özil level in that area is very rare. Didn't think he would get this close already by output at least.
I was laughed out of the thread when I said it. Nobodies laughing now but. Ødegaard still has to win a league or European trophy to really make it undisputable. And a lot can change in a year but I'm happy with my prediction.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son

Yeah Martin is much more likely to end up being a better all round player than Özil ever was for us. Much more suited to the modern game

Creatively however Özil and Fabregas are a league above. Özil in his first 2-3 seasons was doing some ridiculous stuff creatively.

Ødegaard has some way to go to match both of these guys.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

I do not know why most people seem to think he is the player of the season when there were matches he was completely invisible. So, 8-9/10 matches to 4/10 matches. In the goal contribution, he has improved.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I do not know why most people seem to think he is the player of the season when there were matches he was completely invisible. So, 8-9/10 matches to 4/10 matches. In the goal contribution, he has improved.
15 goals and 8 assist in the league is elite number tbf. Doubled his output is unreal

Not sure about POTS though.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

This season was very similar to KDB's 2nd season at City at the same age. Took a big leap in defensive contribution and goal output from the year prior.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Ødegaard finished a bit stronger than Saka the only other real contender so that’s what people remember.

Too many notable nothing performances for me personally, so not my POTS.

The way he can be marked out of games without too much effort is very similar to what used to happen to Lacazette. Their only similarity mind, as Ødegaard has more quality on his day where as Lacazette would roll and flail around as he had a bit more of an appetite for battle.

Their lack of athleticism leading them to being a non factor at times is similar though.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Saka and Ødegaard were not the only contenders for POTS when Xhaka was the most consistent player this season. White was also among my favourites for consistency this season until late.

Well, Xhaka was always among the top performers in each season.

Top Bottom