• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think he should win Arsenal player of the year.

We have let in too many goals for Saliba or Gabriel to get it, thought they have both been good...Xhaka has been very good, but feel Ødegaard has been better...Saka and Martinelli have been our main weapons this year, but we kinda knew they could put up numbers already.

Even though Martin was good last year, but output wise he has gone from 11 Prem goal contributions to 22...he's doubled it!

That deserves some recognition from us, we needed more from him this season and he delivered...plus our football has been quality this season, with him being the creative hub.

Think he has been our best player.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

I do not know how a player can be the best player of the season when he was substituted so many times for his poor performance. He has improved in goals and assists true, and that is what makes him an improved player. For me he is ranking 4 or 5th performance-wise, I would go by this order, Xhaka, Saka, White, Gabriel, Ødegaard.

Or is it just another lala land post as most of the posts are on here.

blrgooner

Established Member
I think he should win Arsenal player of the year.

We have let in too many goals for Saliba or Gabriel to get it, thought they have both been good...Xhaka has been very good, but feel Ødegaard has been better...Saka and Martinelli have been our main weapons this year, but we kinda knew they could put up numbers already.

Even though Martin was good last year, but output wise he has gone from 11 Prem goal contributions to 22...he's doubled it!

That deserves some recognition from us, we needed more from him this season and he delivered...plus our football has been quality this season, with him being the creative hub.

Think he has been our best player.
Agree with this.Also, I think if we look at all the players you have mentioned, Saka/Martinell/Gabriel/Saliba/Xhaka etc, The only player who arguably had lower number or "poor games" than Ødegaard among these is probably Saliba.
I think if we give a score for each of the players at the end of every game and take an average of the scores at the end of the season, Its Saliba and Ødegaard on top easily for me.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I have no qualms about Ødegaard winning the POTS. Let's not forget the questions raised about him taking the armband. I understand his poor form during the run-in could dampen his claims of POTS, but I feel no one has been perfect throughout the season. Saka went cold after April, Saliba, Xhaka and Martinelli were poor for a period after the World Cup, Jesus missed too many and Jesus missed too many games. Seriously, except for those names I've mentioned, who has a better claim to POTS over Ødegaard?

blaze_of_glory

Makes sense. I think Saka would be a deserving winner as well but Ødegaard was probably our most consistent player throughout the season (though you could argue Gabriel and Saliba for that too I think). Tied the record for open-play goals from a midfielder, decent number of assists, and an absolute monster in pressing and ball recoveries high up the pitch.

He's the player most integral to how Arteta has us play and at this point the one who we just don't have a replacement for. Our whole game has to change if he's not there.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
15 goals and 7 assist

“THeRe ArE 4-5 plAyers Been b3tt3r”

brainlet-brainlet-bike.gif

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Makes sense. I think Saka would be a deserving winner as well but Ødegaard was probably our most consistent player throughout the season (though you could argue Gabriel and Saliba for that too I think). Tied the record for open-play goals from a midfielder, decent number of assists, and an absolute monster in pressing and ball recoveries high up the pitch.

He's the player most integral to how Arteta has us play and at this point the one who we just don't have a replacement for. Our whole game has to change if he's not there.

More open play goals than the likes of Yaya Toure, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Cesc Fabregas and Tim Cahill managed in a single league campaign.

What a player we have.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Just seen some of his highlights vs Wales, this guy is ridiculously good.

Top Bottom