• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Our captain is clearly Xhaka, pretty coward move by Arteta trying to rack up PR points instead of doing what is best for the team.

Xhaka may not even be starting regularly. I dont want to go through another period of our Captain not even on the pitch. Ødegaard is the right choice for me!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Jesus and Ødegaard give me tingling sensations.

e958f336-c990-4144-a0c1-3ce632e5d24c_text.gif

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
My mate at the game today said he ran the whole show, saw someone say similar in the match thread. Very encouraging.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...fells like a diss, can't lie :lol:

Legend14

Established Member
Xhaka may not even be starting regularly. I dont want to go through another period of our Captain not even on the pitch. Ødegaard is the right choice for me!
Xhaka is the leader, but I agree that he may not be on the pitch once he is up against competition for his place.

I could say the same for Ødegaard. He is not a bad choice for Captain, but positionally player will be breathing down his back.

Other than Ramsdale, who else could captain in reality?

Bucephalus

Xhaka is the leader, but I agree that he may not be on the pitch once he is up against competition for his place.

I could say the same for Ødegaard. He is not a bad choice for Captain, but positionally player will be breathing down his back.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what the point of a captain is in modern football. It's not cricket; the manager makes the tactical adjustments, not the captain. And it's not rugby; there's not even passing adherence to a rule that only the captain can talk to the referee.

In terms of intra-club leadership, Ramsdale is the clear vocal leader of the defense on the pitch. Ødegaard is the clear vocal leader of the attack. Xhaka is a vocal leader in between. And I've read nothing that would suggest they're not leaders in training, too. They are all three captains in that sense.

In terms of who wears the armband, because someone has to, Ødegaard probably makes the most sense. Xhaka doesn't want it. And to the small extent that it does matter that it's a captain yelling at the referee, it's most likely because Saka just got kicked for the 19th time in the game, and that probably happened in Ødegaard's part of the pitch, not Ramsdale's.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

As I said, Ødegaard is the right choice for me. I'm pleased you agree!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom