• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Not shone the 1st 2 games neither has Saks really but I am liking the fact that we are now capable of winning when these 2 boys aren't at their best .
That's a massive positive change from last season imho👍.

Always works incredibly hard & still makes others look better even when playing it simple.
Doesn't have to play hollywood balls every week to convince me of his worth.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think he's the one that makes us tick you know. Not as creative or hands-on as I want him to be but he's the man.
Master class in meaningless overused football platitudes. Alan Smith would be proud :lol:

But in all seriousness, it’s quite obvious that the player making us tick offensively is G. Jesus. He’s setting the tempo.

Ødegaard is playing his usual conduit role, and keeping things neat and tidy but considering the positions he gets into and his talent level, I’d definitely want him to mix up his game a bit more and be a bigger threat.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Think he was fine yesterday. The dynamics of the team and very left side heavy at the moment with the role Zinny is playing at the moment, so I think the right is suffering a little bit. Once the team is a bit more comfortable I'm sure Saka and Ødegaard will find more joy.

Mudi

I need to see more of him. Looks to occupy the space of Saka and very limited in creativity. Needs to be able to dictate by dropping deep or running the space. He looks like he is playing with no freedom.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Master class in meaningless overused football platitudes. Alan Smith would be proud :lol:

But in all seriousness, it’s quite obvious that the player making us tick offensively is G. Jesus. He’s setting the tempo.

Ødegaard is playing his usual conduit role, and keeping things neat and tidy but considering the positions he gets into and his talent level, I’d definitely want him to mix up his game a bit more and be a bigger threat.

Disagree.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He reminds me of Özil in his last couple of seasons, only Özil was at the end of his career while Ödegaard is supposed to slowly entering his prime.
Well you and others were bashing one out most weeks to those Özil performances telling people their eyes deceived them so why not continue bashing one out to these? 🤔

Funny how all the Özil walking wounded are turning on this kid. Absolutely love it 🤣

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
My boy needs to come alive tbh. Very quite start to the season.
That’s all it is. A quiet start to the season, where he might be finding it a bit weird with Jesus taking up positions and influencing the attack. They’re all still adjusting. P2 W2 scored 6. Something is working…

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Well you and others were bashing one out most weeks to those Özil performances telling people their eyes deceived them so why not continue bashing one out to these? 🤔

Funny how all the Özil walking wounded are turning on this kid. Absolutely love it 🤣

I haven‘t turned on Ødegaard at all, at his worst he is like old man Özil, where you know he links up well the midfield with the attack even if he is not a threat himself, he still contributes. I hope he can become more like young Özil though, especially with G. Jesus in front of him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
His ball retention and ability to progress play are very good, he's acting as a glue guy right now. Has the ability to be more than that though, should be more audacious with his through balls and strikes.

He's playing more like an advanced Regista than an out and out playmaker, I wonder if this is deliberate or not but tbh it helps get the ball quickly to the dangerous front 3 so its not an issue at all.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Think some of you play too much FIFA because how do you see his performance and say it wasnt good? Man rarely made a bad pass and he's being slandered for the same thing alot of you praise Xhaka for.

Melquiades

We've obviously seen him be more dynamic than he's been in the first two games but he's still quietly effective and runs absolute miles off the ball.

Nobody delivers a 10/10 performance every night, in any sport. Players have ebbs and flows and hot streaks and cold streaks. Right now Martinelli and GJ are on fire and Saka and Ødegaard have been just 'solid', but over the course of a long season that will flip several times.

Top Bottom