• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: Öde To Joy

Will Ødegaard get over 10 G/A in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just what I suspected. Not an instant hit. Needs time to adapt. That is the coin flip you get when loaning players in January. Either they hit the ground running or need time to adapt.

Hopefully, if he shows signs of improvement at the end of the season we still get the opportunity to discuss the transfer deal with Real.

TinFish

Really like the look of him; smart, good movement off the all in attacking movements, technically gifted and with a real eye for a pass.

Exactly. A quality player I just feel his game (and ESR's) is stifled by the dumb tactics our manager uses. A new, GOOD manager would show these players under a different light.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Really hoping we dont buy him. He's tidy like you said but we NEED someone like Buendia. A creator which can also play direct and dribble with speed.

He's a nice guy, feel like he really wants to stay here as well because he knows he doesn't have a future at Madrid. But we really need better if we are going to go back to the top.

Unless we can get him for only 10million...if thats the case then im all for him, but there is no chance of that.

If the choice is between Ødegaard and Buendia, then it would be Ødegaard every time.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Better in the second half, showed more personality.

Don't think we should buy him for the reported price though. Much rather develop ESR as the 10 and look to improve the midfield. Someone to complement Partey but can break to support ESR, Saka etc

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He was good he always asking for ball try to be creative against 9 men behind the ball unlucky he didn't have assist i think he settle quickly.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Still need a bit of patience with him, but he's doing some good stuff albeit not absolutely spectacular stuff. Almost had an excellent assist, remember.

I understand the complaints about shifting ESR out wide, but generally think you can accommodate two players like Ødegaard and ESR. Players like that can play in different positions, they're young, this is not a great team, they need time.

See how Ødegaard does these next few months, he's nowhere near 100% of what he's capable of, if he shows a lot more then maybe think about keeping him, if not no harm done and maybe we look at someone else.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Better in the second half, showed more personality.

Don't think we should buy him for the reported price though. Much rather develop ESR as the 10 and look to improve the midfield. Someone to complement Partey but can break to support ESR, Saka etc

I just saw his passion after the third goal. Seems like he really gets the club, so will take back what I said before :lol:

Could we play him as a wide playmaker? He may be suited better there than EsR... Hopefully Real don’t quote a silly price for him

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I just saw his passion after the third goal. Seems like he really gets the club, so will take back what I said before :lol:

Could we play him as a wide playmaker? He may be suited better there than EsR... Hopefully Real don’t quote a silly price for him

Compare and contrast to Willian's reaction...

Reactions: Jae

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If we're playing Auba up top fairly frequently you're much better off with some fluid combination of ESR - Ødegaard - Saka behind him.

Auba doesn't create himself really and his all round game is fairly mediocre, he's a goal scorer and a bloody good one. We need to play to his strengths.

It's about putting players around Auba that can be somewhat fluid, technically proficient, pick a pass and thread a through ball to him and create goal scoring chances for him.

Ødegaard is definitely someone you want doing that even though he's not fully acclimatised yet. He has the quality in his locker, you can just tell.

Last edited:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

He's got good potential but he needs time to fit in, I won't say no to him for a full contract.

Watching the game live I missed his reaction to the 3rd goal but saw it on the replay, I think that shows his passion & how he feels here with us. What a reaction honestly.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He can do better than Arsenal tbh, would be a mistake for his development to stay here.

Arsenal in turn need someone more mature in their development, someone in their prime and capable of consistency - if they are going to spend the reported fee it would take to get Ødegaard and stick with Arteta.

He is a better #10 than ESR though, I will say this with my chest, he just is.

Zaza

Still need a bit of patience with him, but he's doing some good stuff albeit not absolutely spectacular stuff. Almost had an excellent assist, remember.

I understand the complaints about shifting ESR out wide, but generally think you can accommodate two players like Ødegaard and ESR. Players like that can play in different positions, they're young, this is not a great team, they need time.

See how Ødegaard does these next few months, he's nowhere near 100% of what he's capable of, if he shows a lot more then maybe think about keeping him, if not no harm done and maybe we look at someone else.
Ødegaard is a better 10 than ESR. More creative, far better final pass, etc.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
By the time he’s sharp and flying the season is over. A top club shouldn’t be loaning players like this.

It’s a harder job, but Arteta should be developing what we already have here.

He could have used all Willian's minutes on developing Arsenal boy Nelson and we'd be no worse off and maybe better.

Legend14

Established Member
Ødegaard is a better 10 than ESR. More creative, far better final pass, etc.
Absolutely not. ESR has better vision, more pace, stronger, braver, quicker release, can use either foot, has better lungs, better defensive contribution, cognitively faster, better under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom