• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: Öde To Joy

Will Ødegaard get over 10 G/A in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The Ødegaard loan makes sense if the club wanted to not rush any signings and get their true target in the summer. Plus ESR was never lasting the whole season.

Our loan targets before were players like Coutinho and Isco but I think the static Willian gets made the club re-evaluate. Pure guess from me though.

Funny thing is. Ødegaard and ESR are the only players in the number 10 conversation. Personally, I don't think they are even the best number 10s at the club. It has a become a question of ESR or Ødegaard. Saka is better than both of them.

---------------------------Laca

Auba-----------------Saka----------------Pepe

-------------Xhaka-----------Partey

Tierney--Gabriel----Luiz-----Cedric

----------------------Leno

I'd like to see that. I don't see ESR or Ødegaard doing anything that Saka cant and I can definitely see Saka ripping teams to shreds if you don't pin him to 1 flank and allow him to go anywhere.

Saka and Pepe close together with Laca holding the ball up and Auba ghosting into the box with Tierney bombing down the left is something I would like to see.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Funny thing is. Ødegaard and ESR are the only players in the number 10 conversation. Personally, I don't think they are even the best number 10s at the club. It has a become a question of ESR or Ødegaard. Saka is better than both of them.

I'd like to see that. I don't see ESR or Ødegaard doing anything that Saka cant and I can definitely see Saka ripping teams to shreds if you don't pin him to 1 flank and allow him to go anywhere.

Saka and Pepe close together with Laca holding the ball up and Auba ghosting into the box with Tierney bombing down the left is something I would like to see.
This is exactly the starting 11 I expected to see in the summer and it's been anything but this unfortunately for me.

For me this is my ideal line up but for many reasons, it won't happen. Probably for the correct reasons perhaps. Personally I think Saka ends up there long term anyways, have said this in his respective thread.

say yes

forum master baiter
https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2021/02/27/603a186922601d11058b45b1.html

Looks like it's pretty sure, that Ödegaard is going back to Real afer the loan.

Only hope would be, that he wants to stay 100%.
Reading the tea-leaves, I’m pretty confident from his comments he wants out of Madrid & is happy here. And think we’d love to make it permanent as Arteta clearly rates him.

Difficulty is convincing Real to sell. Just need to hope that Zidane is still their manager next season, and that they need the income to spend elsewhere.

Legend14

Established Member
I've watched all his games live, so no I'm not going to youtube him. Also I never said ESR doesn't make killer passes. You might want to reread my posts without your defensive glasses on.
“Ødegaard gets his head up and looks for the final pass as soon as he gets the ball, like Fabregas used to. ESR doesn't do that, “

Here is what you said specifically. Still false.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He’s adjusting, which is normal given he’s joined a new league, I’m sure he’ll put in a great performance by the time his loan is over, and by all accounts is wanted back at Real.

Well done to us for developing him, not sure what else we are doing here.
He’s not a Madrid player. That’s why he’s with Arsenal.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm not going to get too invested in the idea of signing Ødegaard permanently. I'd really like it but I think it's unlikely.

I definitely think Ødegaard could be convinced, he seems to want to be settling his career down at this stage, be getting regular game time and not worrying where Madrid are going to loan him next season, which is understandable. He appears to enjoy it at Arsenal too which is promising.

I don't see us having the funds to convince Madrid to sell though, particularly with the financial issues around Covid.

As much as I like him would I want us to drop the vast majority of our limited transfer budget on Martin this summer? Probably not. We need funds for other squad issues that need to be addressed.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm not going to get too invested in the idea of signing Ødegaard permanently. I'd really like it but I think it's unlikely.

I definitely think Ødegaard could be convinced, he seems to want to be settling his career down at this stage, be getting regular game time and not worrying where Madrid are going to loan him next season, which is understandable. He appears to enjoy it at Arsenal too which is promising.

I don't see us having the funds to convince Madrid to sell though, particularly with the financial issues around Covid.

As much as I like him would I want us to drop the vast majority of our limited transfer budget on Martin this summer? Probably not. We need funds for other squad issues that need to be addressed.

He was quoted here in Norway saying he was looking for "stability". Since 2017 he has played for Heerenveen, Vitesse, Real Sociedad and us, plus the periods with Real Madrid.

I share your view that it is unlikely he will end up here permanently. A loan extension is perhaps not unlikely, if we find that in our interest. Long term I think he should take heed of Haaland's strategy. If development is your main concern, you need to play.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He was quoted here in Norway saying he was looking for "stability". Since 2017 he has played for Heerenveen, Vitesse, Real Sociedad and us, plus the periods with Real Madrid.

I share your view that it is unlikely he will end up here permanently. A loan extension is perhaps not unlikely, if we find that in our interest. Long term I think he should take heed of Haaland's strategy. If development is your main concern, you need to play.

He's obviously a real talent but you'd have to think his career may have been a bit more simple if he had moved to a club like Dortmund at that age, rather than Real.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Saka's 1v1 ability, crossing and movement in behind especially is far to valuable for him to be moved to 10. The guys numbers and performances on the right have been sensational, there is no reason to move him.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Saka's 1v1 ability, crossing and movement in behind especially is far to valuable for him to be moved to 10. The guys numbers and performances on the right have been sensational, there is no reason to move him.

Probably not right now while he is hot. However it is where I see him ending up. There have been games lately where he has had less of the ball. If he plays 10, he can literally go anywhere.

He is more of a midfielder than he is an out and out winger.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

I don't think it's that unlikely he stays, not certain but not so unlikely. He's already in the door, that's half the battle. Like you say he probably just wants to settle down a bit and feel like he belongs somewhere, why shouldn't it be here? If it were me i'd rather stay here and be certain that i'll get games than go back to Madrid no knowing if i'm coming or going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom