• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: Öde To Joy

Will Ødegaard get over 10 G/A in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Apparently you can't have to quality players in the same position nowadays, no matter how versatile they actually are :lol:.

Ødegaard and ESR are different players- same position yes, but different styles. We can use them as and when we feel without fearing a significant drop off in quality. I've really enjoyed watching Ødegaard play, after his early miss it was good to see him shoot again so soon after, that's the mark of a player with natural confidence.

We brought him in hoping for him to make an immediate impact and that's what he's done. I'd sign him permanently tomorrow, he's 22, his ceiling is high.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Only AM could complain about having two attacking midfielders only a couple of months after we nearly dropped into the relegation zone cos we didn't have any attacking midfielders.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The Arteta effect
Not sure I am so happy about that. Ståle Solbakken, who took over after Lagerbeck, signalled that he wanted to look at the national team afresh. Some older players have retired, among them the previous captain Stefan Johansen.

Obviously Ødegaard will be a mainstay of the national team for the next ten years, but I just think that is another bit of pressure he could have done without.

He is an erudite and intelligent lad though, and I can see why Solbakken has chosen him before say Haaland. Haaland is more of a bulldozer, with the media as well.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Vs a team that actually knows what they are doing, Ødegaard doesn't get close to playing through balls. He is extremely limited. A typical Arteta type player, who works hard and looks busy, but doesn't actually do much. He takes a lot of touches and slows the game down so much. He doesn't have the physicslity to win duels or the pace to run in behind.

However, my main problem is that he makes Saka ineffective. Ødegaard operates in the right half space all game. So he always brings players to Saka. Saka rarely has a 1v1 and the space he wants to run into is occupied. It's like when we played Pepe and Özil together.

ESR literally goes everywhere and pops up on the left as much as the right. He knows when to distance himself from players to allow them 1v1s. He doesn't always run towards to ball and bring players with him.

ESR when fit should start at 10 and we shouldn't be giving minutes to someone who he isn't even our player to hamper the development of ESR.

Yeeaas! Absuloutely. But right now, we need Odergaard or someone like him. ESR is simply too young to play every game. We stand to ruin him by overplaying him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He’s a fairly limited player, so we should at least take advantage of what he does well. If we can get him near the 18, he should have full permission to shoot. His shooting form is excellent, which is why he usually keeps the ball down and on target.

He should also take free kicks that are near goal.
I think he not really limited he can give you options if there runners many
lol has never been his thing, he's very similar to Özil where he has the technique to score a lot more but is allergic to shooting.

Talented and gifted footballer though, still can't believe he's at Arsenal. I was very worried Arteta wouldn't take to him, but even he recognises there's nothing else like him in the team. ESR should be learning from this boy whilst he's here.
He scored some nice goals with real Sociedad. Not his strongest point but should take more when he have chance

mirrorstare

Honestly no idea yet if he actually fancies The Arsenal. He clearly is no Ceballos and can have a go at a CL club, even if it was worrying we barely played football while he was on the side despite the goal.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Honestly no idea yet if he actually fancies The Arsenal. He clearly is no Ceballos and can have a go at a CL club, even if it was worrying we barely played football while he was on the side despite the goal.

Of course he fancies The Arsenal, why wouldn't he fancy The Arsenal? We're an attractive club, we're a hot club!

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

@GoonerJeeves my Norwegian is a bit rusty but I understand they're saying Ødegaard has the biggest mouth in Norway, can confirm?

Hehe, just says he has been called as captain for Norway the hashtag reads #strongertogether...not sure if they plan to be a part of the Unionist cause against Scottish independence 🤔

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Hehe, just says he has been called as captain for Norway the hashtag reads #strongertogether...not sure if they plan to be a part of the Unionist cause against Scottish independence 🤔

I think Scotland and Norway should UNIFY into one kingdom, the United Kingdom of Scotway.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think Scotland and Norway should UNIFY into one kingdom, the United Kingdom of Scotway.
Well, Scotland still owe us rent for the Hebrides. in 1263 Norway ceded the Hebrides to Scotland under the provision that rent should be paid in perpetuity. The skirt wearers paid for two years, then stopped. An independent Scotland should obviously be met with a hefty demand for either money or the return of the Hebrides.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Apparently you can't have to quality players in the same position nowadays, no matter how versatile they actually are :lol:.

Ødegaard and ESR are different players- same position yes, but different styles. We can use them as and when we feel without fearing a significant drop off in quality. I've really enjoyed watching Ødegaard play, after his early miss it was good to see him shoot again so soon after, that's the mark of a player with natural confidence.

We brought him in hoping for him to make an immediate impact and that's what he's done. I'd sign him permanently tomorrow, he's 22, his ceiling is high.

I feel like we don't exactly even know how ESR plays yet. It's clear he's trying to add more dimensions to his game. His link up play has been very good for us, he passes quickly, give and goes, and works hard. Makes us much more dynamic. I feel like he has so much more to grow.

I really like Ødegaard, but I could care less about his growth right now since I don't think it's likely that he stays. ESR is ours.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I feel like we don't exactly even know how ESR plays yet. It's clear he's trying to add more dimensions to his game. His link up play has been very good for us, he passes quickly, give and goes, and works hard. Makes us much more dynamic. I feel like he has so much more to grow.

I really like Ødegaard, but I could care less about his growth right now since I don't think it's likely that he stays. ESR is ours.
Esr is not taking any responsibility on the ball. The moment he gets it he gives it away. Ødegaard is better imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom