• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: Öde To Joy

Will Ødegaard get over 10 G/A in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
source.gif

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Haha fixed, I get them mixed up a lot cause they have similar obsessions and similar tendencies to give opinions that make me go :facepalm:
I’m not accusing you of anything but the whole point of unconscious bias is that it’s unconscious.

You saying “I didn’t say anything racist” isn’t actually a defence against unconscious bias, it’s a defence against racism.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I’m not accusing you of anything but the whole point of unconscious bias is that it’s unconscious.

You saying “I didn’t say anything racist” isn’t actually a defence against unconscious bias, it’s a defence against racism.

Indeed, but when, gratefully, Official Forum Subconscious Bias Obsessed Shoehorners accused me of subconscious bias--making me "aware" of my would be subconscious bias--and I pointed out quite clearly how it has little to do with subconscious bias (we can all agree, at this point everything was very much conscious, no? ;)), and all to do with demographics in inverted young english wingers who have had success at England U- levels in recent years, these idiots didn't stop, instead trying to continue foisting their obsession into a discussion about Ødegaard, where it made as much sense to bring it up as it does bring up a penguin in the desert...

(Then, of course, when I point out how many players of african origin I rate, as evidence of why this subconscious bias simply isn't applicable in my case--because if it were, I wouldn't be consistently rating african origin players as highly as players of other races, because the subconscious bias would be evidenced in the maths-- I am told I am like the guy who is saying he has black friends. That's when you realise you are arguing with idiots who are just trying to have a child's argument, and suck you into their infantile little game at any cost, because they are mental infants. Hence why I stopped arguing there--tried to take it into DM with Macho before realising even further what a mental infant he was--and haven't said a word about it until yesterday I couldn't resist taking the piss out of them, because hey, if you're going to be a mental infant, occasionally the rest of us get to take the piss out of you when we feel like it :))

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Loads of Paragraphs
The thread was just fine with people happily praising Ødegaard until your weird posting? Now you're writing essays and editing - you're all over the place.

There is a group of posters who were following me around, getting at me about my opinions and I will tell you what I told them, if you can't take them the ignore button is your friend.

Please refrain from @ing me in the future as we have absolutely nothing to discuss. Cheers.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
There is a group of posters who were following me around, getting at me about my opinions

Following you around, lol? Ego / persecution complex, much?

If lots of people are getting at you about your opinions it's probably because, well, in my time here yours stick at as consistently the worst, and naturally this will draw the attention of others too.

Also don't blame me for derailing the thread, I made one post taking the piss out of you and BigPoppa, to which BigPoppa responded, having zero sense of humour as far as his obsessions go, with a pedantic video, totally missing the point, lol. (I wonder if lads like you guys really think the rest of the population aren't conscious of these issues or don't know what subconscious bias is, lol--in my case you're talking to someone who has a degree in this...I understand the desire to be a SJW and the very needed ego boost it supposes for you lot, but let's try to be a little more intelligent about it.)

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Indeed, but when, gratefully, Official Forum Subconscious Bias Obsessed Shoehorners accused me of subconscious bias--making me "aware" of my would be subconscious bias--and I pointed out quite clearly how it has little to do with subconscious bias (we can all agree, at this point everything was very much conscious, no? ;)), and all to do with demographics in inverted young english wingers who have had success at England U- levels in recent years, these idiots didn't stop, instead trying to continue foisting their obsession into a discussion about Ødegaard, where it made as much sense to bring it up as it does bring up a penguin in the desert...

(Then, of course, when I point out how many players of african origin I rate, as evidence of why this subconscious bias simply isn't applicable in my case--because if it were, I wouldn't be consistently rating african origin players as highly as players of other races, because the subconscious bias would be evidenced in the maths-- I am told I am like the guy who is saying he has black friends. That's when you realise you are arguing with idiots who are just trying to have a child's argument, and suck you into their infantile little game at any cost, because they are mental infants. Hence why I stopped arguing there--tried to take it into DM with Macho before realising even further what a mental infant he was--and haven't said a word about it until yesterday I couldn't resist taking the piss out of them, because hey, if you're going to be a mental infant, occasionally the rest of us get to take the piss out of you when we feel like it :))
I got no beef with you! Just wanted to weigh in on that one point as it’s something I (think) I’m relatively educated about.
I’m not involved in the rest!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This is not really the place to talk about unconscious biases. I have no idea what the catalyst was for this furore but, imo, unless it's clearer than an 'unconscious' bias, i.e, not calling a white footballer 'intelligent', then it's not worth dragging up in the football threads.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
This is not really the place to talk about unconscious biases. I have no idea what the catalyst was for this furore but, imo, unless it's clearer than an 'unconscious' bias, i.e, not calling a white footballer 'intelligent', then it's not worth dragging up in the football threads.

Exactly. Which is precisely what I wrote Macho in the DMs. As you say, it's especially not the place when the attempt to insinuate it is as desperate, tendentious, and shoehorned as theirs was here: https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/martin-Ødegaard.34748/page-34#post-5372240

The irony being, if you are going to talk about subconscious biases, at least do it when it's rather obvious, hence why I laughed on the last page of this thread at Big Poppa talking about subconscious biases he is desperate to project unto others while seeming to be blissfully ignorant of his own, such as the non-domestic bias he evidenced in that thread, with such silly comments about Ødegaard/dismissive comments about everything non-English.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

lol for a guy I rate so highly technically it was frustrating watching him spoon the ball in that great chance he had.

A joy to watch for me though, quality player.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Makes such a difference for us, you can see it from the moment he's on the pitch. We've just got no one (bar maybe Saka) with that kind of calm and composure on the ball to advance the ball receiving it in between lines, immediately our attacks become more coherent and less rushed, creating overloads and advancing into more dangerous positions, once he gets on the pitch.

Great person from ESR to learn from, in fairness, though quality like that is hard to teach.

lol for a guy I rate so highly technically

Guy you rate so highly technically that you weren't sure it was a good signing and suggested that 6 months wouldn't be enough for him to get used to English football 😝 Guess when you talk as much **** as you do you gotta do the revisionist history thing to see if it sticks :lol:

Last edited:

Breezy ®

Makes such a difference for us, you can see it from the moment he's on the pitch. We've just got no one (bar maybe Saka) with that kind of calm and composure on the ball to advance the ball receiving it in between lines, immediately our attacks become more coherent and less rushed, creating overloads and advancing into more dangerous positions, once he gets on the pitch.

Great person from ESR to learn from, in fairness, though quality like that is hard to teach.

The most knowledgeable poster on the forum. After me. :clap:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Any doubters left? Hope we can make this permanent.
I admittedly had doubts, not his quality cause I was a fan before he joined - but watching Pepe and others I worried 6 months wouldn't be long enough with his age coming from la liga.

I had overlooked he's well travelled though and has pretty much been on loan and used to making immediate impacts his whole career. He along with Pepe are some of the few players I genuinely look forward to playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom