• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: Öde To Joy

Will Ødegaard get over 10 G/A in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Has that ever stopped anyone here? "told you so" is one of the sweetest AM berries. Even when it's so under-ripe that you have to vomit it back up later.

There is truth to this although I think a page or two back there was the “If ESR gets injured” line again when already ESR did have to sit out a few games to nurse an injury, so with that specifically the value of the loan has already been pretty much validated, particularly for me value with the win at Leicester. Whether Ødegaard has confirmed we should pay 40-50m, or whatever RM might demand if open to a sale, is another matter.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Depends on how our season ends but as I was saying yesterday, there’s big pressure on Arsenal to make this permanent if he improves. The only chance they have is if they can muster up £40-50m and Madrid decide it’s a good sacrifice to make to sign Haaland/Mbappe.

Ødegaard would have to want to come here as well, could see City/United/Liverpool turning his head.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

There is truth to this although I think a page or two back there was the “If ESR gets injured” line again when already ESR did have to sit out a few games to nurse an injury, so with that specifically the value of the loan has already been pretty much validated, particularly for me value with the win at Leicester. Whether Ødegaard has confirmed we should pay 40-50m, or whatever RM might demand if open to a sale, is another matter.
Exactly this. Ødegaard has and will also let us lessen the load of ESR, and has already shown he can perform in EPL and UEL at good level. A few bad passing mistakes have happened though.

I haven't heard more stupid thing than: "Big clubs don't strenghten the areas in need with cheap loans if in tough financial situation, they rather suffer, run down their youngsters and take pride in not loaning good players."

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

There was an interview with Ståle Solbakken earlier this week. He is thinking of using Ødegaard in central midfield as a box to box midfielder. Most likely because he prefers a 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1 formation with no real number 10.

Granted Gibraltar is hardly a yardstick to see how he performs in such a role, but Turkey and the Netherlands should be a good test for him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
There was an interview with Ståle Solbakken earlier this week. He is thinking of using Ødegaard in central midfield as a box to box midfielder. Most likely because he prefers a 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1 formation with no real number 10.

Granted Gibraltar is hardly a yardstick to see how he performs in such a role, but Turkey and the Netherlands should be a good test for him.
He is very similar to young Modric, and Modric switched successfully to CM and won a couple of CLs playing that role.

I'd say there is enough fighting spirit in him to play the role. He isn't one of those technical guys who won't do their defensive part, he is a bit like Cazorla who will do everything, but of course, the main job is to dominate the midfield through superior technical ability, which he obviously can do already.

I'd be very interested to see him training in that role if he decides to join us on a permanent deal

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
£50m towards the Haaland fund from a team in the CL. Money well spent.

Meanwhile we'll be loaning players for our mid-table battle next season

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
The lad just gets it, brilliant attitude which some of the players who have been here for years would do well to take note of. Never hides from the ball and is always looking to pass forward. Looking increasingly difficult for us to keep him.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So impressive to come in and take over as the teams technical leader within a month or so. To be fair conditions for someone to come in and do that were favourable considering we had no one in that position in the first half of the season, but nevertheless impressive.

We have to sign him in the summer, the team has found a rhythm in the final third now with him, it will be two steps back next season if we have to find someone else to do that role.

Good thing is I reckon he will push for the move, quite confident he'll be here next season.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
What a ****ing player, brilliant today, we looked dangerous every single time he was on the ball.

Still getting my head around a) Madrid was dumb enough to loan him after working so hard to cut his loan short with la Real b) there was a significant faction of Arsenal fans on this forum dumb / ignorant enough to think he wasn't a good signing, or ESR was better 😂

Anyways, thank you Madrid, can't imagine how bad our season would be without this guy.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There's been report in recent weeks that Real is Haaland's preferred destination. Can see him making Ødegaard stay as one of his condition for signing for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom