• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: Öde To Joy

Will Ødegaard get over 10 G/A in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I've been unimpressed but it's so hard to judge his impact in a proper side with a proper structure, and a bit more license for movement of its forwards.

We were onto something with ESR there. Then we signed Ødegaard who has had some decent moments but overall has been painfully average. We make Ode priority in our set up midway through the season over ESR. We make developing kid that didnt even do well at Real Sociead a priority midway through the season.

Ødegaard might have talent but we were finally onto something attacking wise with ESR. The team overall looked better attacking wise with ESR there over anything we have produced with Ødegaard there.

This is my problem with a loan. Teenager loaned. Developed midway through season when we need wins. When we are in semi final. When we had chance of trophy. We develop player other top club a follow super league club had demanded not good enough for top level.

People keep saying these loans deals are smart business but they are not.

Iceman10

Established Member
We were onto something with ESR there. Then we signed Ødegaard who has had some decent moments but overall has been painfully average. We make Ode priority in our set up midway through the season over ESR. We make developing kid that didnt even do well at Real Sociead a priority midway through the season.

Ødegaard might have talent but we were finally onto something attacking wise with ESR. The team overall looked better attacking wise with ESR there over anything we have produced with Ødegaard there.

This is my problem with a loan. Teenager loaned. Developed midway through season when we need wins. When we are in semi final. When we had chance of trophy. We develop player other top club a follow super league club had demanded not good enough for top level.

People keep saying these loans deals are smart business but they are not.
Ødegaard played quite a bit when ESR was out with injury. I don't think this should be forgotten. No, I don't believe Ødegaard held anything up with ESR, he is 6-12 months behind Saka in development as a player as a whole, and there are times when both Saka and ESR actually have to be protected a bit, from dips that naturally happen in development and consistency at their age, as well as from being overplayed. We might have been ok if Willian could have played effectively at #10, but we all know how that has turned out.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Who was that ideiot that wanted us to spend 50-60 million on him and declared him our best player.

Talk about a muppet.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Best not to guess! No to the first 2, yes to paying £50m for Ødegaard. I'd go up to £70m based on age, talent, experience and settled in the PL.
Oh it was this user - posts in the similar line as HairSprayGooner - delusional.

Wiggins

It's unreal the hype he got after 3 decent matches. He's 5'8" and 11 stone, he's like a stick insect out there.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
It's unreal the hype he got after 3 decent matches. He's 5'8" and 11 stone, he's like a stick insect out there.
AM has a long and rich history of overrating any youngster who is capable of having a couple of good games nothing new. No surprise to find people saying Ødegaard was about as good as Özil was at the same age after he put in 3 good games doesnt take much for a player to become a top class talent on here.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He's shown glimpses of his talent, Benfica away and West Ham come to mind, but we're not in a position to be spending big money on anyone at the moment. Under a different coach I'd be a lot more optimistic at the thought of signing someone like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom