• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: Öde To Joy

Will Ødegaard get over 10 G/A in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I have three reasons as to why we shouldn’t persist with Ødegaard. Firstly, I think he’s immensely talented but he feels a bit like a relic from the past. He’s the perfect 4-2-3-1 no. 10 and I feel if this were 10 years ago he’d be one of the best players in the league but we really need to keep up with the times.

10 years ago Ødegaard would have been a midtable player. That's how far standards have fallen in recent years, that a way less talented version of Özil is now one of the most talented no 10 out there.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I don’t really understand why people continue to mention the West Ham game, it was an outlier in so many ways. First of all the team had to be **** enough to go 3-0 down in the first place and ødegaarde was a big part of that, we were overrun in midfield, their pressure smothered our slow passing forward, the attacking players didn’t offer the threat to make West Ham scared to do it. And in the second half, with lots of time Ødegaard was able to find a strong delayed pass multiple times but guess why we had that space, because West Ham had gone 3-0 up and they started to sit off us more, we didn’t earn the time in their half, they gave it to us because they didn’t know how to handle a 3-0 lead. I ask you is it really reasonable to have to go 3-0 down to see a players qualities?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I wouldn't mind having him here if he can be retrained into a role Modric plays for RM, but as a 10, I have doubts over the numbers he can produce. He is quality on the ball and I'd like to see him in a deeper role to start our attacks, something we've been missing since Cazorla.
Özil was criticized for not adding much other than assists, now imagine having a player who would add fewer assists than Özil, it's not gonna work well with the fans and I didn't feel our game improved much with him even though Arteta insisted on him playing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He was very poor tonight.

Buy before everyone really gets at him...he is a very similar profile to Özil in his playstyle, though not as good...so I don't know what's the point in playing him if you are planning to play that defensively, tbh, Martinelli's energy would have been more useful today with the way we played.

He can be quality, as we have seen.

Breezy ®

Our fan base is pure jokes. Ødegaard has a couple of good games and he’s hailed the new Bergkamp. Gets injured and loses a bit of form and now he’s the new Ali Dia.

TinFish

I would still like this guy on loan for another season. A good backup for the dead rubber matches. Still think he can push on a bit more

bonzka

As ESR learns to have more involvement and impression in games he makes the need for Ødegaard 10 redundant. We need someone a controlling 8 instead of him.

akhil

He just doesn't turn at all. Any pressure on him and he retreats in the same direction he got the ball from. Huge issue today trying to break, he kept passing back to the defense when we were trying to break. Just can't play on the half turn and face the opposition. Very good ball retention skills but there in't much else at this point.

Iceman10

Established Member
Our fan base is pure jokes. Ødegaard has a couple of good games and he’s hailed the new Bergkamp. Gets injured and loses a bit of form and now he’s the new Ali Dia.
What's your opinion on the player. and what do you want us to do with him?

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Some decent passes but nothing much otherwise. Won't mind if we still take him though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
he been very poor since coming back from internationals he also look afraid to shot at times . still he should be option in summer but now he not worth more than 30M if real madrid asked for more move on to other targets.

mpower2540

Very talented but has to play at 10 or he’s just not involved at all. Seems to lack a killer instinct too. Did alright and it’s pretty hard to affect a game when the team is setup so negatively

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

My view remains the same. He should have followed the strategy of Haaland. Instead he went for the biggest club he could find. Now he can't get a game there, so he is loaned out to one club after another. No wonder he wants "stability".

He is a talented player, but he needs to find a new club. I am not convinced we are the right club, neither for him or us. But he needs to move.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
He just doesn't turn at all. Any pressure on him and he retreats in the same direction he got the ball from. Huge issue today trying to break, he kept passing back to the defense when we were trying to break. Just can't play on the half turn and face the opposition. Very good ball retention skills but there in't much else at this point.
Exactly, he plays the way he’s facing which is a dm/water carrier type mentality. He doesn’t have the innate instinct to turn and hurt the opponent or some of the skills I’d argue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom