• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: Öde To Joy

Will Ødegaard get over 10 G/A in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
*sigh* another fairly inconsistent player it seems.

It feels like the story of Arsenal for so many years; we've got too many players that just don't turn up enough, then suddenly they have a stormer of a game and you wonder why they aren't able to replicate the same more often.

Anyway @ 50M it's a pass.
Mrs Bergkamp has the answer of why our players are inconsistent.
He's technically good and a hard worker but is maybe more a a facilitating player. ESR is more involved. The rather poor comparison for me is like Edu (Ode) vs Freddie/Pires (ESR). I would choose the latter.
I don’t believe a player would “somehow” perform great in one match, and poor in the next match. There is always a reason behind the inconsistency.

The main reason is that the players we bought are too limited, too one dimensional, and too uninvolved in the build up play.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He just doesn't turn at all. Any pressure on him and he retreats in the same direction he got the ball from. Huge issue today trying to break, he kept passing back to the defense when we were trying to break. Just can't play on the half turn and face the opposition. Very good ball retention skills but there in't much else at this point.

That moment where he had the opportunity to shoot on his right foot, but laid it back to Bellerin is a common theme. Even when in the box he turns back onto his left and kills the momentum. He cant drive and carry as he will hurt caught up so he just turns back. He has good technical ability, but then so does ESR? His vision is what he is lauded for, but through balls to strikers running in on goal are a thing of the past.

I wonder if he could play deeper next to Partey with the game fully in front of him. Then again he isn't the best defensively. I was baffled by his selection today. I don't see why Bellerin didn't start RB and Saka in Odergaards position. Arteta trying his best to get him in the line up. I really hope we don't go for him.

akhil

That moment where he had the opportunity to shoot on his right foot, but laid it back to Bellerin is a common theme. Even when in the box he turns back onto his left and kills the momentum. He cant drive and carry as he will hurt caught up so he just turns back. He has good technical ability, but then so does ESR? His vision is what he is lauded for, but through balls to strikers running in on goal are a thing of the past.

I wonder if he could play deeper next to Partey with the game fully in front of him. Then again he isn't the best defensively. I was baffled by his selection today. I don't see why Bellerin didn't start RB and Saka in Odergaards position. Arteta trying his best to get him in the line up. I really hope we don't go for him.

I had no idea what we were setup to do today with that front 3 and a back 5 looking to sit deep. Saka/Pepe in there with Bellerin behind would've been the obvious thing. Chambers should've been in there among the 3 CBs as well. He's a better player than all of them.

He'd probably could play deeper in a flat 3 which isn't rigid. I wouldn't mind buying him outright for the right price though, just not someone we should move heaven and earth to acquire.

It's hard to judge anyone properly in this team when the tactics are just so turgid. It just seems to amplify the weaknesses of this squad not the actual strengths.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
So now the idea of him being a world class talent on the same level as a young Özil is dead we need to either get him cheap or dump his ass and go for a genuinely exciting player like Buendia. Cant afford to be paying big money for someone who has shown why Madrid don’t want him near their first team.

Iceman10

Established Member
So now the idea of him being a world class talent on the same level as a young Özil is dead we need to either get him cheap or dump his ass and go for a genuinely exciting player like Buendia. Cant afford to be paying big money for someone who has shown why Madrid don’t want him near their first team.
He might be back next season, hopefully not more than loan extension for now. Just heard in a YouTube I was listening to that rumours are despite our EL embarrassment he likes Arsenal and still believes in Mikel.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It will dawn on some of you soon, that Ødegaard and Ceballos are likely to stay, because we wont be able to attract better caliber players with our situation.

Ødegaard, Bissouma, Ceballos and bring back Guendouzi. Back up LB, starting right back, a goalie and bring back Saliba.

We are now moving into the discount isle folks.
No chance Ceballos stays, he was literally begging Betis to sign him.

Pulp

I would love to see Arsenal buying Ødegaard, but Real have been reluctant to sell. Besides, if Zidane gets sacked Martin will probably want to fight for a spot under the new coach. Even if he has been inconistent he has shown what he can do. I just dont want anymore loans. Rather the club look for other players that they can buy in that case.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Started following this guy recently, seems confident in what he says

REWB

If we can get him for cheep why not? but if its a choice between him and buendia...my word you would be insane not to choose Buendia. Twice the player.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If we can get him for cheep why not? but if its a choice between him and buendia...my word you would be insane not to choose Buendia. Twice the player.

Love what I saw from Buendia over the season. I'd get both actually.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Technically he's excellent but he isn't what we need and I don't think he's what Arteta wants long term either. I think we will move to a 433. If we are spending 50M+ on a creative player I want them to get us goals as well

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

I think the bigger Ødegaard issue I've seen is that he is completely one-footed. His right foot isn't very good, and worse is he doesn't trust it at all. He's a talent otherwise but I wonder if that lack of ambidexterity will hold him back.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Technically he's excellent but he isn't what we need and I don't think he's what Arteta wants long term either. I think we will move to a 433. If we are spending 50M+ on a creative player I want them to get us goals as well
Scoring goals is not a must in these positions.

Would you rather have a prime iniesta, who would create 100 amazing chances, that would result into 30 goals for his teammates. Or having a non-creative player who would score 15 goals a season? That’s 30 goals vs 15 goals for the team.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Scoring goals is not a must in these positions.

Would you rather have a prime iniesta, who would create 100 amazing chances, that would result into 30 goals for his teammates. Or having a non-creative player who would score 15 goals a season? That’s 30 goals vs 15 goals for the team.

The point is we need a goalscoring midfielder. That isn't Ødegaard. He doesn't bring enough, he would except in a complete side like at City but that we are not.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
The point is we need a goalscoring midfielder. That isn't Ødegaard. He doesn't bring enough, he would except in a complete side like at City but that we are not.
We don’t need goalscoring midfielders. I do agree that Ødegaard is not the answer, but not because he is not scoring goals. He is not involving enough in the general play.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We don’t need goalscoring midfielders. I do agree that Ødegaard is not the answer, but not because he is not scoring goals, he is not involving enough in the general play.

Of course we need another goalscorer. Our only natural goalscorer in the entire squad is Auba, when he isnt firing we have nothing. Our current midfielders couldn't hit a bar door with a banjo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom