• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: Öde To Joy

Will Ødegaard get over 10 G/A in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He is a good 10, but he cant play 8. So you dont buy him. It's simple.

Moving forward if we play a 4231, then it has to be a starting 4 of:

Pepe-------Saka------Martinelli

-------------Auba

They have to play. You rotate ESR in for Saka or Martinelli. I wouldn't even buy anyone.

Pepe needs a full season. I'm talking 38 games, every game if he is fit. Martinelli, ESR and Saka need to be managed as they need the cup games also. However, they all need maximum minutes and game time. They have proven that they can be big game players and that they dont hide. They have all been match winners on separate occasions. So they need to play. Auba is cf, we need an alternative as a plan b and his back up is Martinelli or Balogun if he is ready, but he would be better off with a full season of football in the Championship.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Hello, new here but I have strong feelings regarding this topic
Ødegaard is not good in my opinion, he is slow, weak, poor in 50's, holds on to the ball too long for an attacking player, variety of touch/passing is very limited particularly in close quarters and he is uncomfortable in many areas of the pitch. The positives he has shown are that he is relatively secure in possession in a conservative sense and the West Ham game showed that given a defence that backs off of him he can find a powerful delayed option. However an attack first needs to show it can threaten under pressure before it can earn the respect of the defence and force the the slow option. More importantly though, I think Arteta's dilemma between Ødegaard and Smith-Rowe corresponds almost exactly to his dilemma between attacking threat and control, Ødegaard representing the former and ESR the latter. ESR in the exuberance of youth always wants to speed up the play, I love the player, I think he’s wonderful with a great future ahead but he does not yet have the maturity to slow the play down and speed it up when the time is right. This dichotomy is somewhat evident elsewhere (WIllian vs Pepe and Martinelli, laca vs Auba perhaps) but nowhere is it more evident than at no.10.

At no point this season even in the short run of games following Chelsea have Arsenal been able to sustain both for any significant length of time. What Arteta wants and what I imagine we all want is the Manchester city like ability to control a match with passing and pressure while simultaneously being a genuine goal threat. We dont have the resources to execute that at the moment as I'm sure everyone is painfully aware but we can sort of do one without the other ie.e we can threaten without control and we can control without threatening. My problem with Arteta is given a choice between control and threat he tends to go with control and in my opinion, unless you and the opposition believe that you can score you may as well go home, you will fail in this league. I think he should start with the concept of threat and try to mould the team in to what he wants from there, it’s also what Liverpool did. He should bin Ødegaard unless he thinks he has a future as a water carrier. He has the tools in the squad to turn us into a threat again if he wants.

GoonerJay24

Think he's a great talent and I even said him coming here was a mistake for him, cause people will think he's bad when he is not.

Hopefully good young players wise up and stay away from here until we have better ownership.

Yes, because we've not had good youngsters here in the last 14 years :rolleyes:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
It will dawn on some of you soon, that Ødegaard and Ceballos are likely to stay, because we wont be able to attract better caliber players with our situation.

Ødegaard, Bissouma, Ceballos and bring back Guendouzi. Back up LB, starting right back, a goalie and bring back Saliba.

We are now moving into the discount isle folks.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It will dawn on some of you soon, that Ødegaard and Ceballos are likely to stay, because we wont be able to attract better caliber players with our situation.

Ødegaard, Bissouma, Ceballos and bring back Guendouzi. Back up LB, starting right back, a goalie and bring back Saliba.

Why would Dani stay? He rarely plays and himself has said he rather stay in Spain.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Why would Dani stay? He rarely plays and himself has said he rather stay in Spain.

If given the option I think he will take it. He knows he's garbage and this is as good as it would get for him, especially if we will shake things up in future.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Whilst I agree with you, Ceballos won't advance us so we will be forever in a state of looking up the table. I'd bring back our own loaned players snd get a GK, RB and cover at LB. Integrate Nelson and the others shunned and rip up the midfield. We've been I the discount aisle for ages. That's not the problem. It's the manager.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/martin-Ødegaard.34748/post-5372220

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/martin-Ødegaard.34748/post-5371290

I said this would happen. The boy is legit too good for this club but you got guys with potato knowledge on ball thinking he’s bad, it’s a shame man.

You don’t have his technique, composure in tight spaces and vision and be a bad player, but whatever. Not sure what people expected on a 6 month loan.

samspade

I said this would happen. The boy is legit too good for this club but you got guys with potato knowledge on ball thinking he’s bad, it’s a shame man.

You don’t have his technique, composure in tight spaces and vision and be a bad player, but whatever. Not sure what people expected on a 6 month loan.
I think you should watch full match highlights of him again and try to count the number of times he's able to create an attacking advantage for us and compare it to Smith-Rowe. The man has had plenty of opportunities to succeed but when he finds himself in advanced areas of the pitch he rarely finds a quick enough option. Our toothlesness since he's come has a lot to do with him. The Sp**s highlights are a classic example, he did well to move into space before that scuffed finish but other than he produced nothing for us from an attacking perspective, that was all ESR and Tierney (and doherty lol), when other players are able to produce more given the same opportunities there are no excuses.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I think you should watch full match highlights of him again and try to count the number of times he's able to create an attacking advantage for us and compare it to Smith-Rowe. The man has had plenty of opportunities to succeed but when he finds himself in advanced areas of the pitch he rarely finds a quick enough option. Our toothlesness since he's come has a lot to do with him. The Sp**s highlights are a classic example, he did well to move into space before that scuffed finish but other than he produced nothing for us from an attacking perspective, that was all ESR and Tierney (and doherty lol), when other players are able to produce more given the same opportunities there are no excuses.
Ødegaard alone is not to blame.
ESR did naff all that game.

Highlights you know - lmao, try watching the game.

samspade

Ødegaard alone is not to blame.
ESR did naff all that game.

Highlights you know - lmao, try watching the game.
I said full match, if you want you can watch the game but thats on you. I've seen the games, you're the one who needs the refresher, that you think ESR was ineffective against Sp**s is proof.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I said full match, if you want you can watch the game but thats on you. I've seen the games, you're the one who needs the refresher, that you think ESR was ineffective against Sp**s is proof.
I was talking about the match against Villereal when everyone was bad tbh.

TinFish

I would take this guy on another loan for a season. Send back Ceballos. I'm content with one loan signing for extra depth as we are a poor club.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
The guy is immensely talented. Recent matches have had him coming back from injury & playing in weird formations with an incompetent manager in charge. I still fully believe in his ability

ChefMan21

Will ultimately boil down to Real Madrid. They need to revamp their midfield (Kroos, Modric, and Casemiro are definitely in the final leg of their careers), so he (and Ceballos) could be part of that equation. If they decide on the other hand to lash out on midfielders, him and Ceballos could be available fairly cheaply to fund that spending, at least in part. There are other midfielders I prefer, but if they became available at the right price (or at least the one we want that meets that criteria), supplemented by a top midfielder signing, then that could help us clear out the squad of those not up to standard.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I have three reasons as to why we shouldn’t persist with Ødegaard. Firstly, I think he’s immensely talented but he feels a bit like a relic from the past. He’s the perfect 4-2-3-1 no. 10 and I feel if this were 10 years ago he’d be one of the best players in the league but we really need to keep up with the times. We have a habit of buying players in the wrong era. We bought Leno who’s a great stopper but poor with the ball at his feet and now playing out the back is the de-facto style. We bought Xhaka who probably would be respected 15 years ago. And then you got someone like Lacazette who would have been seen differently in the 442 era. Ødegaard would probably just end up like Mata at United.

Secondly, hat game against West Ham was an outlier and not the norm. Chambers turned into Dani Alves, Partey was breaking lines for fun and Lacazette had one of his best away performances in an Arsenal shirt. You’re not gonna get that every week. If you took away that West Ham game has Ødegaard been better than ESR? For me I don’t think so.

Finally, we need goals. Ødegaard doesn’t do that. He’s never been a goal getter in his career. We may very well struggle to get 50 goals. Our midfield under Arteta has 2 goals. Plus, there should be a discussion on moving on Lacazette and Eddie. We need a more of a Bruno Fernandes than another facilitator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom