• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
who most expensive Norwegian signing? Haaland? well he going to break it next summer but who is currently?

by the rumors i don't think this one will go Beyond 40M euros.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He doesnt move the needle in attack, and he doesn't solidify our midfield off the ball, so what is the point of this signing? I can't tell.
He retains possession in tight areas high up the pitch and doesn't lose the ball. If you are playing a possession based style he suits it. Yet he can only play as a 10. I doubt he could function as an 8 unless we inverted both full backs and made our wide players stay wide thus playing with two 10s.

There are massive problems though.

We don't have a ball playing goalkeeper. So we can't play from the back.

Only 1 of our centre halves is comfortable on the ball.

Our right back is useless.

Our forwards are not possession based players who keep the ball.

All in all. Only Saka, ESR, Partey, Ødegaard, Tierney and at a stretch Lacazette fit the system. Half the team doesn't. So wanting to play that way makes no sense.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Great player, better value then spending £70m on madders who we will always have doubts on his fitness.

Don't get me wrong, would've loved James maddison, but Ode still is only 22, hard to believe he moved to real in 2015-2016

Now speed up man, get a RB and a ST and a GK

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Our right back is useless.

Our forwards are not possession based players who keep the ball.

All in all. Only Saka, ESR, Partey, Ødegaard, Tierney and at a stretch Lacazette fit the system. Half the team doesn't. So wanting to play that way makes no sense.
The right back position really ought to be adressed. It is a glaring weakness.

Arsenio Venger

Can't believe some people are against Ødegaard. Granted there were some good AM options available this window but MO is right up there. Control, passing, creativity, through balls, possession, pressing. He is already strong at all these things. If he can add goals to his game then he'll be an awesome signing. Takes our technical level up a notch for sure.

important signing. If we never had him in the first place, people would be more exciting. This is big. He’s the type of guy we need to target. Young, creative and a team player.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm pleased if he has finally decided to move on from Real Madrid. It was the wrong choice in the first place. Haaland has mapped out his career in a very sensible fashion. Ødegaard just went for the biggest club that they could find.

Arsenal is a tough place to come to now, as evidenced with Ben White's debut. Ødegaard does know what he is coming to, and it will be up to him to grab the opportunity.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
From start the summer we all fans said RB AM CM is the positions that should be strengthen so far we done little Lokonga make it better but we need someone who better Xhaka the AM is finally getting strengthen and finally RB is the biggest problem of all if we don't buy it going really affect us with Arteta current style of play specially.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Getting one of the best talents in his position for a fair price is a very good deal from Arsenal. Looks like it was worth the wait and Edu & Arteta always thought that this could happen.

Getting so much praise at this young age is probably never easy. Probably Real was one step to high for him, especially if you Kroos and Modric in midfield, while they want to play until their 40's.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Honestly didn't see this going through, took us ages for them to let him go on loan, in 2016 I remember perez personally got the transfer done, Martin's been his poster boy since then, but not had the chances / injury.

Glad he's back onboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom