• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I honestly wouldn't know a perfect RB for us in current market but seriously, Dest won't be bringing us forward. He's a defensive liability, good going forward though but he will leave immense gaps on our already dead defense.

And i agree on your second line, it's a tough situation.
I would like Mikel to go back to basics.
- A striker being a poacher, an off the ball player.
- Full backs who overlap late and allow the wingers to cut in. No more of this lopsided nonsense to get Tierney playing LW.
- Partey and Xhaka protecting the centre backs
- Front 3 behind Auba, fluid and given freedom to play how they want.

So as for the the rb slot, the same names come around again, Baku, Aarons, Trippier.

Leno/Ramsdale
New RB White Gabriel Tierney
Partey Xhaka
Saka Ødegaard ESR
Auba

Papa Wonga

Established Member
As much as I love Maddison, £70m on a player with a suspect injury record, and what looks like a reocurring hip injury wouldn't of been a smart move.

I'm happy with this Signing, happy with the window? No, for me to be anywhere content with this window, we need a RB / GK / (potentially ST) / Still short in CM

D

Dial Square 1886

From start the summer we all fans said RB AM CM is the positions that should be strengthen so far we done little Lokonga make it better but we need someone who better Xhaka the AM is finally getting strengthen and finally RB is the biggest problem of all if we don't buy it going really affect us with Arteta current style of play specially.

Big time.

We need a decent right back so much.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

We published this afternoon an exclusive news about Arsenal's intention to speed up negotiations with Leicester City regarding James Madison, and we did not rely on that on an orphan source, but as it seems clear in the meantime, Arsenal is very close to resolving the Martin Ødegaard deal.

Without further ado, we failed in this file and we apologize to everyone.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
I would like Mikel to go back to basics.
- A striker being a poacher, an off the ball player.
- Full backs who overlap late and allow the wingers to cut in. No more of this lopsided nonsense to get Tierney playing LW.
- Partey and Xhaka protecting the centre backs
- Front 3 behind Auba, fluid and given freedom to play how they want.

So as for the the rb slot, the same names come around again, Baku, Aarons, Trippier.

Leno/Ramsdale
New RB White Gabriel Tierney
Partey Xhaka
Saka Ødegaard ESR
Auba
That would be loveable as well. But for that honestly i think we will need to shift Xhaka and obviously need a pacey motherfking RB that's technically brilliant!

Papa Wonga

Established Member

We published this afternoon an exclusive news about Arsenal's intention to speed up negotiations with Leicester City regarding James Madison, and we did not rely on that on an orphan source, but as it seems clear in the meantime, Arsenal is very close to resolving the Martin Ødegaard deal.

Shown more mettle then Wheatley, atleast he admits he's a BELLend and had no sources.

blaze_of_glory

Bell single-handedly downgrading the reliability of the Arabic language. Now it's back to being like every other language, full of lies :nope:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

They at least a honest and admit their mistakes.

D

Dial Square 1886

People always blaming the orphans.

It's just not fair.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
He retains possession in tight areas high up the pitch and doesn't lose the ball. If you are playing a possession based style he suits it. Yet he can only play as a 10. I doubt he could function as an 8 unless we inverted both full backs and made our wide players stay wide thus playing with two 10s.

There are massive problems though.

We don't have a ball playing goalkeeper. So we can't play from the back.

Only 1 of our centre halves is comfortable on the ball.

Our right back is useless.

Our forwards are not possession based players who keep the ball.

All in all. Only Saka, ESR, Partey, Ødegaard, Tierney and at a stretch Lacazette fit the system. Half the team doesn't. So wanting to play that way makes no sense.
This is an insightful post imo. I don't agree with everything but definitely agree that one of Ødegaard's strengths is his ability to keep possession in advanced areas whilst still having a high volume of progressive and key passes. It's something that sets him apart from Maddison for example. It seems to fit with the style Arteta is aiming for.

I'd say that we have a few more players that are comfortable on the ball; Gabriel has underrated ball skills at CB; Lokonga and Partey in the middle as well. Think that you need a balance of possession players and runners as well otherwise the team becomes one paced and sterile. So an in-form Auba, Martinelli and Pepe all have a place but probably not together.

Question for me is whether he can make it all tick consistently. Evidence so far is no but hope that changes obviously.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Right, I'm going to make a twitter account, have it verified, and post sources in Latin so I can **** up next summer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom