• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I think the interesting question with Ødegaard is why Madrid didn't want to keep him? It could be that they don't think he's good enough or that he doesn't fit with Ancelloti's style of play. Usually you'd say that was a red flag but considering he has already done the business in La Liga for another club I just don't see that with Ødegaard.

Honestly I think this is going to be one of those daft shortsighted Real political decisions where they would rather persevere with a declining 35 year old Modric than give game time to a younger up & comer.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wenger would have loved having a player like Ødegaard to work with.

Feels like a proper Arsenal type player. If he can add a bit more end product to his game then he'll turn into a very shrewd bit of business.

Even at his current level £30m-ish is far from excessive to be honest.

Imagine having Aubameyang and Ødegaard in your team, and not being confident of creating or scoring goals...that ain't right :lol:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think the interesting question with Ødegaard is why Madrid didn't want to keep him? It could be that they don't think he's good enough or that he doesn't fit with Ancelloti's style of play. Usually you'd say that was a red flag but considering he has already done the business in La Liga for another club I just don't see that with Ødegaard.

Honestly I think this is going to be one of those daft shortsighted Real political decisions where they would rather persevere with a declining 35 year old Modric than give game time to a younger up & comer.

Pretty sure they’d have kept him if they could have sold Isco.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
He trained with us for 5 months. I don’t think he needs integrating.
Yes and no. It will be easier, but preseason is important to grind in patterns as a team and create an understanding.

I know he was waiting for his chance at Real, but it still annoys me, haha.

Last edited:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Pretty sure they’d have kept him if they could have sold Isco.
But everyone one on here practically would prefer Ode to Isco at the moment because he is out of form and possibly declining as well. You'd expect a big club like real to give Isco the Özil treatment rather than selling their prospect. It's a bit puzzling. Personally I think it's just bad squad management by Real but we'll see I guess.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i really still can't believe we getting him for 30M. not only very good fee but it leave us good amount of money to invest for RB if we sold Bellerin. all summer i thought we going to be upper 45M pounds to get him but look like madrid are desperate to sell and need money so good we take advantage.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Imagine having Aubameyang and Ødegaard in your team, and not being confident of creating or scoring goals...that ain't right :lol:
Auba just doesn't seem the same player anymore. He looked very poor in the pre-season. I hope he can find back to form, but I worry he might be done....

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

i really still can't believe we getting him for 30M. not only very good fee but it leave us good amount of money to invest for RB if we sold Bellerin. all summer i thought we going to be upper 45M pounds to get him but look like madrid are desperate to sell and need money so good we take advantage.
Well, is there a buy back clause? Hopefully not.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
I like Ødegaard, have done since his first few games for us. I do expect goals but tbf 15 to 20 is striker level, reaching 10 and I'd be happy. We need the same from Saka and ESR. Goals from midfield is something we've lacked for some time, if those 3 add 30 goals a season it would make a huge difference.
I dunno, maybe. But he played just under 1300 minutes for us last season and got 4. And that's with injuries and coming in mid-season, used as a stop gap etc.. Over the course of an entire season I'd expect him to better his tally by more than 6 if I'm being honest.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This is what’ll happen to us in the next couple of weeks. Bellerin and Torreira will leave on loan and the likes of Nketiah and AMN will be off for £10m.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Saka-Ødegaard-Pepe behind Auba potentially as your attack and wondering if you'll create a clear cut chance ffs. At the very least this season we should see a massive increase in chance creation and goal scoring even if we lack in other areas.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ødegaard situation is like Saliba situation here Ødegaard gone on loan 4 times in row he never had a chance to play there he entering an age where he need stability and play with one team for 3-4 years. he tried his luck one last time this pre-season but simply he had enough every player dream to play for Real Madrid or Barca so i can't blame him for waiting long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom