• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
I think it's pretty clear that he wanted to come to Arsenal unless he was a clear starter at Real. Credit where it's due and Arteta and Edu obviously helped him settle despite our league position last year.

For sure. While I am firmly agsinst the way they operate, kudos for long term thinking from the clown duo.

I think the bigger issue now is will Tets make Ode perform to the best of his abilities?

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Better than Aouar that's for sure.

I wasn't overly impressed by him because he went missing in the cruicial parts of the game too many times for my liking. He's got certain qualities this team lack and has time on his side. He's definitely an upgrade but I'm not sure he has enough about him to solve our attacking/creative problems at the moment.

D

Dial Square 1886

Don't worry lads, I had a dream last night and he was playing for Arsenal and was brilliant.

Although in my dream, I was also in the team, so read into that what you will!!

(It was one of those dreams where you are playing for Arsenal and everything should be amazing, but for some reason you have lost all control of your body and can no longer do the simplest things like controlling the ball and making 3 yard passes. Maybe others can sympathise!)

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

People say we haven't upgraded, but we were better in the 2nd half of last season.

Now we have ESR and Ødegaard for the whole season and both have adjusted to EPL for half a season already.

That is clearly better in itself compared to last season. Creativity is what we have lacked.

Now we need GK, RB and Elneny replacement.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Better than Aouar that's for sure.

I wasn't overly impressed by him because he went missing in the cruicial parts of the game too many times for my liking. He's got certain qualities this team lack and has time on his side. He's definitely an upgrade but I'm not sure he has enough about him to solve our attacking/creative problems at the moment.
mostly down on Arteta and his strict tactics when you have Pepe Saka Ødegaard and ESR you should give freedom to express themselves they have mixed quality creativity skilled direct and can dribble.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
People say we haven't upgraded, but we were better in the 2nd half of last season.

Now we have ESR and Ødegaard for the whole season and both have adjusted to EPL for half a season already.

That is clearly better in itself compared to last season. Creativity is what we have lacked.

Really worried about AFCON January though. No Auba, Partey, Pepe, Elneny.

Goals may be an issue but we've got cover up front. Midfield though. It's basically Xhaka & Lokonga at the moment over that period with varying back up and youth players.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Saka-Ødegaard-Pepe behind Auba potentially as your attack and wondering if you'll create a clear cut chance ffs. At the very least this season we should see a massive increase in chance creation and goal scoring even if we lack in other areas.

When you look at some of the players we have.

Alright, Champions League is a step too far, we aren't quite as good as we used to be at The Emirates...but Top 6 should be a minimum, imo.

Yet you wouldn't even want to bet £1 on his getting Conference League at the minute.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Yes, people tend to forget that ESR was also new to PL last season. We saw some good play developing with Saka, MO and ESR, that will continue this season. Its one of the few things I'm looking forward to. If we can somehow bring in a CF and RB that would be great but for that to happen Bellerin and Auba need to move on. Its possible, we'll see!

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
mostly down on Arteta and his strict tactics when you have Pepe Saka Ødegaard and ESR you should give freedom to express themselves they have mixed quality creativity skilled direct and can dribble.

Indeed it could be tactics but I felt Ødegaard had stamina issues at times as well.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Even ESR played 20 league last season he didn't play first half because of injury. so now we'll likely have ESR and Ødegaard play 30+ games depend on injures.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Really worried about AFCON January though. No Auba, Partey, Pepe, Elneny.

Goals may be an issue but we've got cover up front. Midfield though. It's basically Xhaka & Lokonga at the moment over that period with varying back up and youth players.
Not replacing Elneny is unforgivable to me, especially with AFCON. He played almost half of the league games in minutes last season.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Real Madrid putting a clause that similar to Hakimi they must be informed if there other team made bid for Ødegaard and we willing to sell so they can match that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom