• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Fantastic deal this, had my heart set out on him. Would even have gone up to 70m for him, elite player. Didn't want to get hopes up too much just to see them dashed, but this single handedly makes this transfer window a positive one. I might even be able to bear a Ramsdale transfer after this.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

So you really think the club didn't try to put an option and say they are amateurs because of that?

I say it's 99,95 % likely they tried to put an option there.
Fair enough, but Vinai, Edu and Arteta have never done this before so sometimes some people may accuse them of being amateurish at times.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Fair enough, but Vinai, Edu and Arteta have never done this before so sometimes some people may accuse them of being amateurish at times.
Yeah they can be doubted of course, but to me it looks like people think they're some ultimate idiots who do even the basic logical things in the worst way.

mirrorstare

The amount of red flags here comfortably beats the White signing, and that one left me in shock after just one match, but what is done is done.

At least Ødegaard actually improves the team, even if he improves it to an already known and not really exciting state.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Two reasons I love this:

1) It’s not Maddison
2) Fee is ridiculously good

Might not get goals and assists but I’m sure his on/off stats will be great. Elite build up play from
most metrics so hopefully helps us build quality chances through Saka and Pepe for Auba.

But you just know the ones he does get are gonna be outrageous, and ultimately, that's what Arsenal is all about. We're not here to be first, we're here to play sexball at the carpet.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Considering we are going for the cheaper option and also looking like a great seat at 30m pounds
We should definitely be on the look out for a rb or striker?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah they can be doubted of course, but to me it looks like people think they're some ultimate idiots who do even the basic logical things in the worst way.
I wouldn't go that far personally. I don't rate them but refrain from name calling and extra stuff when I can.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Real is one of the best clubs to deal with it.

Allowing to let go their players if they don't want to stay, very fair prices and quick negotiations.

Then they don't need weeks to make special announcement videos, just a Comunicado Oficial and that's it.
Florentino-Perez.jpg

Finesse

MO is a very good deal. I do not care where he plays. I am just happy we have another player who is happy and want to get on the ball. Against Brentford , the entire attack apart from ESR looked scared or not wanting to get the ball and use it. Too many pensive and misplaced touches and overhit / under hit passes. If we have more players who want the ball and want to use it then we can unlock defences. MO needs a pacy and intelligent RB to develop the chemistry with down the RW flank.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I disagree. I think in terms of hold up play, back to goal he is the best prospect we have. He is good at protecting the ball.

In terms of instincts. All he wants to do is score. He can create his own chances, but he can also get on the end of them. That chance he had vs Brentford from the Raya save. He makes keeps up with the attack because he has the pace. Lacazette wouldn't have even got into the box. He runs towards both central defenders and perfectly times his sprint to divert away and run towards the cut back meeting the ball with perfect timing. If that isn't instinct I don't know what is. Pepe is also pretty strong in the air.

I rewatched the last 20 minutes after he went to centre forward. Pepe moves around ALOT. He fakes, he makes decoy runs, he shows deep and spins off, he sprints into the box.

He could be Van Persie like if we actually had the faith in him and gave him a run of games there. I remember RVP talking about moving to CF and thinking he couldn't do. He said Wenger had complete faith in him to play there.

Arteta has never shown that faith in Pepe before though, but he has the tools to play there.

Saka--------------Pepe-------------ESR
-------------------Ødegaard

That is pretty fluid.
I'm a bit reluctant when it comes to expecting players to change positions but it does happen and he has been tried there before. Unfortunately we won't really be able to tell if it will work while we are creating one big chance a game.

I think I said it before but nobody in the team could have executed that shot like Pepe besides in-form Auba. The technique was up there with anyone in the league and I'm convinced he would make a mockery of xG if we just created more chances (for him).

I don't think he even needs to go up-front though, if Arteta inserts Ødegaard into the team to play with Pepe rather than instead of him then that might be the supply line that Pepe's been waiting for since he joined the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom