• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Their squad is poor, I thought he would stay but they still let him go. He wouldn’t have left if Carlo offered him minutes.
Carlo played him in pre-season games, but Arsenal needs Ødegaard to start most of the games. There is the difference why Ødegaard now chose Arsenal and Real had to sell to get good money for him.

Carlo said that there are 8 players in midfield competing for places in Real now, and of course many of them are at the same or better level currently as Ødegaard. But Ødegaard is young, and Real is a huge club, while we have been 8th for couple of seasons.

The loan to get Ødegaard was a brilliant move in the end. Without it I doubt we could have turned his head.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
english clubs need to stop over value their players because of HG rule both White and Ramsdale should cost combained 40-50M not 70M really annoying
Which begs the question as to why we were shopping in the PL/English market in the 1st place this summer. European teams, particularly Italian and Spanish have been seriously smarting from the ramifications of COVID. Couple that with the already superior spending power of PL clubs and we could (and seemingly did with Ode) have found some real value for money signings in those leagues.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Why isn't Sambi value for money? He was even captaining Anderlecht at a young age.
He played for a side outside of the top5 leagues, didn’t have a Belgium cap (not saying it means he isn’t good but it effects his value) and they inserted a sell on clause. This was all during covid as well, where most sides outside England are struggling financially and can be bullied a bit.

Not saying we were ripped off, but they extracted the upper end of the value they could of got for him. He didn’t have the hype like Tielemans had back in the day, and that effects his value too.

A bargain would have been something like £14m and no sell on fee imo. Anyway this is all pedantic.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He plays for a side outside of the top5 leagues, didn’t have a Belgium cap (not saying it means he isn’t good but it effects his value) and they inserted a sell on clause. This was all during covid as well, where most sides outside England are struggling financially and can be bullied a bit.

Not saying we were ripped off, but they extracted the upper end of the value they could of got for him. He didn’t have the hype like Tielemans had back in the day, and that effects his value too.

A bargain would have been something like £14m and no sell on fee imo. Anyway this is all pedantic.
Yeah, but he was on the reserves for Belgium already and they have a great midfield.

The argument wasn't about a bargain, but value for money. I think we got value for money, especially from the first impressions he has already made.

But yeah, small differences, and we'll see.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, but he was on the reserves for Belgium already and they have a great midfield.

The argument wasn't about a bargain, but value for money. I think we got value for money, especially from the first impressions he has already made.

But yeah, small differences, and we'll see.
I think it was a decent deal, decent value. Nothing crazy... exciting player though.

Imo Ødegaard for £30-35m is better, Madrid usually get top dollar for their talented players.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
We want names.

Come and get it 🤩

War Fight GIF by Narcissistic Abuse Rehab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom