• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Well worth the money. And it seems like the Arsenal hierarchy feels the same. Think we'll get priced out of this though.

6666Louis

Think 50 mil is a fair price. Has potential to be one of the best playmakers in the world. And hardworking.

If Arteta teaches him to be more ruthless in the final third decision making, he’ll be a 100m player.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

May as well make a thread for this loser since he's left now.

That last bit says everything. Forget having squad ready for pre season. Arsenal will wait until august hoping his price goes down. But a lot of the targets will disappear by that time. Someone like buendia won’t be sold a week before the window close. The money means little when these clubs don’t have time for replacement

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Having Ødegaard as your top top target for a window where you want to do something exceptional already feels like a spoiler that it surely wont.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I wonder what their actual opinion of Buendia is. Last summer they could have got him very cheaply after he had a good season and we lacked creativity, they didn't, in January when he was having an amazing season and we were in the gutter and desperate for creativity we could have knocked the door down for him, they didn't. Now it's the summer and he's still not the no 1 target. There must be something about him they're not sure about.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Not exactly against signing Ødegaard but not at that price.

Due to Covid summer I cannot imagine many teams will have the money nor be interested in signing him at the price suggested, for that reason I think the club needs to be smart and go for a loan with option to buy, get a full season out of him before deciding.

May face competition for a loan but if he chooses elsewhere it puts it to bed for good.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He isn't who I want, but if we do get him we need to use him properly. He has weaknesses and strengths. Build a team to negate his weakness.

Sit him in an armchair and surround him with pace power and movement at both full back positions, both wide players, a Cf who can run off the ball and who he can play a wall pass off.

Play 2 people behind him who can make up for his lack of defensive intensity, then give him the freedom to roam, be on the ball and then allow him to take risks.

Its so pointless sitting him in the right half space blocking off our right winger and then just telling him to retain possession and recycle.

6666Louis

Arteta has already proved that he doesn't know how to use attacking players.
Unfortunately, I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Arteta changed our attack 4-5 times during the season, trying to come to term with our lazy, unaware, and unintelligent players. Remember in November, when we ended our "all out high pressure," that clearly didn't work. Remember in January, when we started playing quick movements with a number 10. Remember when we overpopulated the left side with Ceballos, Tierney, Saka. Remember when Laca went down to receive the ball, creating space behind the defenders?

Arteta can catalyse players, positions and our attack. It's been clear to see. It just all need to come together.

The biggest problem this season is that Arteta expected to much of our players. Many of them are not up to speed with modern day football. That you can blame Arteta for.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Unfortunately, I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Arteta has changed our attack 4-5 times during the season, trying to come to term with our lazy, unaware, and unintelligent players. Remember in November, when we ended our "all out high pressure," that clearly didn't work. Remember in January, when we started playing quick movements with a number 10. Remember when we overpopulated the left side with Ceballos, Tierney, Saka. Remember when Laca went down to receive the ball, creating space behind the defenders?

Arteta can catalyse players and positions. It's been clear to see. It just all need to come together.

The biggest problem this season is that Arteta expected to much of our players. Many of them are not up to speed with modern day football. That you can blame Arteta for.
Doesn't seem that Arteta has much idea about what he wants to do if he had to change his plans 4-5 times.

Leicester has some God-awful players but are comfortably above us.

You either change the players or the tactics. not both of them simultaneously!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
His passing stats are better than Bruno Fernandes. Surprisingly... (stats are of course per 90)

Much better pass completion, better pass progression and better progressive ball carries as well.

Things I think Ødegaard is excellent at -

Work rate
Dribbling
Passing

Things I believe he's not so good at that can't improve -

Physically quite weak, he has no real pace or power to him.

Things I think he's not so good at but could be easily worked on to improve -

I think he sometimes holds onto the ball for too long and sometimes gets into shooting positions where he will pass it instead. Goal scoring is another he needs to be getting more goals if he joins.

All in all he's a work in progress, not what Arsenal need right now but I really like him.

Tom349

He does run like crazy, so does Elneny. Doesn't mean he gets to the loose ball or wins his 50 50 duels.

Is he not allowed a period of adaptation? **** me the way some of you carry on, you would be mistaken for thinking Ødegaard is in his prime and not a 22 year old who has one and half season in the top 5 leagues. One of those interrupted by Covid lockdown and the other spent in the dog house of a manager not invested in him, having to leave for game time in the best and fastest league in the world while dealing with injuries.

I'm not spending 50m on him but he showed more than enough when fit that makes him worth trying to get back.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Is he not allowed a period of adaptation? **** me the way some of you carry on, you would be mistaken for thinking Ødegaard is in his prime and not a 22 year old who has one and half season in the top 5 leagues. One of those interrupted by Covid lockdown and the other spent in the dog house of a manager not invested in him, having to leave for game time in the best and fastest league in the world while dealing with injuries.

I'm not spending 50m on him but he showed more than enough when fit that makes him worth trying to get back.
He didn’t show enough to be the nr 1 target. He had about 3 good games. I think he is neat little player. But I think his physical limitations will always be there

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He isn't who I want, but if we do get him we need to use him properly. He has weaknesses and strengths. Build a team to negate his weakness.

Sit him in an armchair and surround him with pace power and movement at both full back positions, both wide players, a Cf who can run off the ball and who he can play a wall pass off.

Play 2 people behind him who can make up for his lack of defensive intensity, then give him the freedom to roam, be on the ball and then allow him to take risks.

Its so pointless sitting him in the right half space blocking off our right winger and then just telling him to retain possession and recycle.
Yeah, I don't think we've gotten the best out of Ødegaard yet. I like him actually, I dunno if he'd be my main target to be honest but he does work hard and he has potentially game changing quality. I do detect a bit of goldilocks syndrome with him, but that's likely exacerbated by the fact that we haven't really become a proper attacking unit yet.

Tom349

He didn’t show enough to be the nr 1 target. He had about 3 good games. I think he is neat little player. But I think his physical limitations will always be there

We are shopping in the 30-50m bracket for a no.10. The difference between them all is nominal, their isn't much harm in waiting to see who Madrid picks as their next manager before we move onto our next target. Buendia isn't going to sign for Villa while we wait an extra week or two.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I agree. I think a top defensive partner for Partey will really help MO. We know he has the technical skills, he also has great vision. As you say, let him roam in the 10 position and he will be very creative for us. We've seen him pick people out in the box already. He's certainly worth £30m maybe a bit more so we'll see what Madrid do in the next month or so. The worry is we wait for MO and lose Buendia to another team, then Madrid keep MO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom