• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
To me Ødegaard is a cherry on the cake sort of player.

Beautiful player but lets get the cake sorted before we worry about the decorations, particularly when they're very expensive.
Tbh, how much we suffered without a creative hub last season would seem to point out that a creative player / creator like Ødegaard would seem to suggest he (or someone of his characteristics / Buendía) is very much the cake, not the cherry.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

For Norway he will mostly play in central midfield in a 442/4411 according to Solbakken. I think long term that could suit him.

It is difficult to see what the future might bring for him. We don't have time to faff around either, and £50m should be right out. He has been ill-advised going to Real Madrid so early in his career, but it is what it is.

If Ancelotti goes to Real Madrid that might give him an opportunity.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Credit to @American_Gooner but he posted something from 2016 saying Ancelotti doesn't rate Ødegaard.

Honestly this changes nothing regarding Odergaard. Bar one or two managers, one of them being Wenger, I don't think someone taking the Madrid job would bank on using him.

You need to come out firing or you get the sack from Florentino, there's simply no space there for trying to integrate a player like Martin. He'll play his and Flo's favourites and that's that.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Honestly this changes nothing regarding Odergaard. Bar one or two managers, one of them being Wenger, I don't think someone taking the Madrid job would bank on using him.

You need to come out firing or you get the sack from Florentino, there's simply no space there for trying to integrate a player like Martin. He'll play his and Flo's favourites and that's that.

Only thing is Ancelotti loves a traditional 10 and the Madrid squad doesn't really have that. Not only that but if Madrid go for Haaland then it makes so much sense to keep Martin.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Only thing is Ancelotti loves a traditional 10 and the Madrid squad doesn't really have that. Not only that but if Madrid go for Haaland then it makes so much sense to keep Martin.

Just feels like he'd rather trust Modric and Kroos to be the creative link. If they somehow get Mbape and Halaand, there's no need or space to have Ødegaard, as Benzema starts every game and then some.

We'll see, honestly I rather we just moved away from this. Don't want to be ****ing around waiting for the Euros to end. With any luck the Copa America gets cancelled as well and Buendia returns earlier. Guess we'll know more about that later today, as a lot of host potential host cities have already pulled out from hosting anything due to COVID here in Brazil.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Didn't he ditch the #10 position in 2013 when he sold Özil and played a 4-3-3?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ode might have chance with Real Madrid Ancelotti love have attacking mid in his team. i think it's not ancelotti decision who stays or leave but if Real Madrid keep asking for 50M we need to go to our plan B who is Buendia.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
At Napoli he played without number 10 most of time but he know how to use them look how good James been with Everton i think Ode will have chance with Ancelotti but still Perez decide who go and stay.

Reactions: A_G

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

But then At Bayern and Everton he bought James R and played him as a 10. Özil leaving RM was little to do with Ancelotti, it was a disagreement between his father and Perez.

Reactions: A_G

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Rather Buendia for 35ish, if I'm honest.

Tidy player, Ødegaard, but for 50m you want someone who'll move the needle a bit more.
Buendia will probably get u more output in terms of goals and assists also. We need this desperately; his pass completion won't be as high as odergaard but he will continue to play the more aggressive, high risk pass into our forwards. Hence, I am surprised arteta is interested into him.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Ødegaard on loan works in many ways. Saves us some money, gives him a full season in the Prem and means our players don't need to adapt.

I'm confident that ESR can improve his output. esr, Saka and Ødegaard as creative options is cool with me.

Spend the money on a cb, rb and cm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom