• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Dont like how Romano is saying Ødegaard could depend on Isco not being sold and also could drag out until the end of the window. Thats a recipe for disappointment

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
E7UQEWlWQAIBBVU

The thing that stands out there is how low Maddison's NPxG is. It doesn't look right to be honest, sure he scored from open play a few times last season?

It's an interesting chart but it's obviously been carefully curated to show the similarities between them as players. I don't think in reality they are that similar - I think It was @Sebastes who posted some anonymous charts for different playmakers and actually Ødegaard had a very distinctive profile around his possession game in particular.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Think if we get in a new central midfield in addition to Ødegaard we're looking pretty good, if the new cm is a good ball player thats as close to Wengerball as you're gonna get. We should be able to win nearly every game against bottom 10 and more than a few from the top half. 70+ points is very manageable.
------------Auba
---Esr-----Ode--------Saka
-----new cm--Partey

Lacks goals imo. Also we're not gonna be seeing any Wengerball under Arteta, he simply won't allow and his football is too restrictive for that. Not sure what Pepe's done wrong either.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ceballos all over again this. Once again folks will learn the hard way. Ødegaard had far more games where he did next to nothing than he had standout games. He's not Özil and I think people are having a difficult time realising that.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Lacks goals imo. Also we're not gonna be seeing any Wengerball under Arteta, he simply won't allow and his football is too restrictive for that. Not sure what Pepe's done wrong either.
It does lacks goals a bit but we should be defensively solid, keep possession in dangerous areas away from our goal -- with White and Gabriel being no slouches we can cover the long balls a lot easier. I expect both Esr and Saka to add more goals and Auba to be a lot better this season - we should be able to steamroll the lesser teams with that setup.

Yeah - closest thing to Wengerball {that we are going to see} 🤷‍♂️

I just dont see where Pepe fits if we're playing our most consistent players, we need to build up a strong momentum and I wouldnt drop Saka, Esr or Ødegaard who all deliver consistently and can retain possession in dangerous areas.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
It does lacks goals a bit but we should be defensively solid, keep possession in dangerous areas away from our goal -- with White and Gabriel being no slouches we can cover the long balls a lot easier. I expect both Esr and Saka to add more goals and Auba to be a lot better this season - we should be able to steamroll the lesser teams with that setup.

Yeah - closest thing to Wengerball {that we are going to see} 🤷‍♂️

I just dont see where Pepe fits if we're playing our most consistent players, we need to build up a strong momentum and I wouldnt drop Saka, Esr or Ødegaard who all deliver consistently and can retain possession in dangerous areas.

The combinations that seem to work best are Auba with three creators behind him - your Wengerball of ESR, Ødegaard & Saka

Or...

Laca with a creative number 10 and then two runners so Martinelli, Ode/ESR & Pepe.

I hope we mix it up a bit next season against different opposition so that all of our attacking players get some minutes and play to their strengths.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

The thing that stands out there is how low Maddison's NPxG is. It doesn't look right to be honest, sure he scored from open play a few times last season?

It's an interesting chart but it's obviously been carefully curated to show the similarities between them as players. I don't think in reality they are that similar - I think It was @Sebastes who posted some anonymous charts for different playmakers and actually Ødegaard had a very distinctive profile around his possession game in particular.
It’s been curated indeed. Regarding their npxG it looks right, though the axis is a bit off imo.

Maddison had a npxG of 0.19 which is the 59th percentile for AM/Wingers. Ødegaard 0.11 for 24th percentile. As a comparison Aouar is in the 95th percentile with 0.44 per game. There are prob just a handful of players that reach 0.5+ which makes the scale of the axis deceptive.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

It’s been curated indeed. Regarding their npxG it looks right, though the axis is a bit off imo.

Maddison had a npxG of 0.19 which is the 59th percentile for AM/Wingers. Ødegaard 0.11 for 24th percentile. As a comparison Aouar is in the 95th percentile with 0.44 per game. There are prob just a handful of players that reach 0.5+ which makes the scale of the axis deceptive.
Aouar feels like such an obvious one. His 0.44 npxG comes mainly from playing LCM and that number is better than Laca, Auba, Sterling, Fernandes and not far off Mane, Salah, Kane... and he’s still in the 75th percentile for xA compared to an/wingers. All this from playing a deeper position. Sure, it’s Ligue 1 but this is a season where he’s apparently been out of form. The kid’s the real deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom