• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Ødegaard this summer, Haaland to replace Auba next summer. :shivering:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Aouar feels like such an obvious one. His 0.44 npxG comes mainly from playing LCM and that number is better than Laca, Auba, Sterling, Fernandes and not far off Mane, Salah, Kane... and he’s still in the 75th percentile for xA compared to an/wingers. All this from playing a deeper position. Sure, it’s Ligue 1 but this is a season where he’s apparently been out of form. The kid’s the real deal

From the stats and the eye test Aouar looks like a hero for sure. Seems to be quite a few people who watch him regularly who say that he is a bit flaky though and only turns it on intermittently. He also has quite a few attitude red flags. It might be that ultimately he is lowest on our list because of those things. Whereas Maddison or Ødegaard are more proven qualities in the PL and in Ødegaard's case, Arteta has already assessed what he's like to work with and how he fits with the squad. Makes him less risky I guess.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I don’t mind you insulting terrible posters like @Riou @American_Gooner etc, but there is a line mate.
Such poor trolling, I'd take Bad Vibes Kash back instead of the blobs of nothingness from Spade who admits in almost every thread he posts on that he doesn't watch the player. 2021 intakes have been one of the worst, spade and a bunch of manberg alts. Forum is a dumpster fire.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Anyway I agree with @The_Playmaker, Ode has been very obvious about us being a back up plan to his failed Madrid career, he just hasn't been as forthcoming about it as Ceballos. If he had as good of a spell with the club as documented by his PR, he would've pushed for the move right away wouldn't he? Instead he waited out with Carlo in charge and now there's murmurs that he's unhappy again. Shock.

I like Ødegaard but he had a very meh spell here and I personally think he wouldn't be the piece to get us back into top four and someone like Maddison who can actually score goals and create shot attempt opportunities will better suit the current crop of Arsenal players. We struggled with shots and goals from midfield and Ødegaard doesn't change that. Would've loved to see him under Wenger but we shouldn't have/continue to put all our eggs in the Ødegaard basket hoping it doesn't work out and for us to snatch him. It's a dangerous game when we have such clear issues to address with so little time before the season kicks off.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Dont think we saw the best of him last season
Hardly had time to adapt to the league and also got injured.
I like Madders but would take Ode if available.
Happier with one of these instead of the bloke Villa signed that caused this place to have a meltdown 😂

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
From the stats and the eye test Aouar looks like a hero for sure. Seems to be quite a few people who watch him regularly who say that he is a bit flaky though and only turns it on intermittently. He also has quite a few attitude red flags. It might be that ultimately he is lowest on our list because of those things. Whereas Maddison or Ødegaard are more proven qualities in the PL and in Ødegaard's case, Arteta has already assessed what he's like to work with and how he fits with the squad. Makes him less risky I guess.
It would be a hypocritical mess if Arteta signed Aouar just after getting rid of Guendouzi. Aouar is a top talent but no one has touched him and I think most clubs are aware of his bad boy act. Its not just us that haven't looked at him, but PSG, Juve, Madrid and City haven't looked his way too. That should tell you something.

Goonger

Aouar feels like such an obvious one. His 0.44 npxG comes mainly from playing LCM and that number is better than Laca, Auba, Sterling, Fernandes and not far off Mane, Salah, Kane... and he’s still in the 75th percentile for xA compared to an/wingers. All this from playing a deeper position. Sure, it’s Ligue 1 but this is a season where he’s apparently been out of form. The kid’s the real deal

I actually think he spent a large part of this season, certainly the 2nd part anyway, playing from the left side of the pitch, similar to Grealish. Not sure if that's to get more out of him creatively or because they didn't trust him in the middle as much.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I actually think he spent a large part of this season, certainly the 2nd part anyway, playing from the left side of the pitch, similar to Grealish. Not sure if that's to get more out of him creatively or because they didn't trust him in the middle as much.
Yeah, Aouar rarely plays centrally. Most often as LCM in a 433 but also sometimes as a 10/ss or LW. But yeah, he's a LCM.

I wouldn't take him as a 10 for our current system

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
It doesn't show that at all. It shows that Ødegaard, coming into a new league, into a team which was in the worst form i can remember for an Arsenal team, was still better on and off the ball then a settled Maddison playing for a Leicester side that was competing for the league at one stage, and top 4 after.
I'm not sure if people are under rating Ødegaard or over rating Madison.
Have we ever scored more than 2 goals when Ødegaard has been on the pitch for a full 90 minutes? The answer is no. I know Ødegaard will probably give us an extra 5-10% possession but that does not equate to more goals. What do you guys want more goals or possession? I know what I want.
Since Ødegaard arrived here we scored more than 2 goals in 8 games. He played 90 minutes in 2 of those (West Ham and Benfica). He played 82 minutes against Olympiacos and 78 minutes against Leeds. Not sure how we can discount those just cos he was substituted with a few minutes left. From the 8 games we scored more than 2 goals he had no involvement in only 3 of those.

From those stats it actually suggest we score more goals with him in the side than without him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
About half of us think he is a good player, and want to sign him.

About half of us don't think he is good enough, and would rather the club don't sign him.

Then you have @GoonerJeeves ...who does think he is good, but would prefer him to go to Huddersfield over Arsenal.

Mixed bag for Martin.

Zaza

Ødegaard is a better option than Maddison. We need someone with a final ball and Ødegaard has that. ESR can eventually grow to give us what Maddison offers presently but I don't think both will be a great combination.
In an Ideal world, we get both Ødegaard and Aouar. But Arsenal never think so it is what it is...

HomeSteak

Established Member
Ødegaard is a better option than Maddison. We need someone with a final ball and Ødegaard has that. ESR can eventually grow to give us what Maddison offers presently but I don't think both will be a great combination.
In an Ideal world, we get both Ødegaard and Aouar. But Arsenal never think so it is what it is...

The final ball, that 1 assist he had in 6 months?

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Poor man's Özil. Özil at his age was rocking in RM. If people didn't like Özil then why would you like someone who will never reach his level? Just get a CM and RB and use ESR there.

blrgooner

Established Member
I'm not sure if people are under rating Ødegaard or over rating Madison.

Since Ødegaard arrived here we scored more than 2 goals in 8 games. He played 90 minutes in 2 of those (West Ham and Benfica). He played 82 minutes against Olympiacos and 78 minutes against Leeds. Not sure how we can discount those just cos he was substituted with a few minutes left. From the 8 games we scored more than 2 goals he had no involvement in only 3 of those.

From those stats it actually suggest we score more goals with him in the side than without him.
Add to this the fact that Ode played over 45 mins for only 15 games( Including PL and Europa). So in more than half of the games Ode played, we scored at least 2 goals.
Among those 15 games, the only games where we didn`t score more than 2 were those against Benfica, Villereal(Twice. He was exceptionally poor in both of those games), Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Burnley.
So yeah, we played much better and scored more goals when Ode was playing when compared with when he didn`t. Except in big games where we were anyways unlikely to score more than 2 goals.

Last edited:

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Such poor trolling, I'd take Bad Vibes Kash back instead of the blobs of nothingness from Spade who admits in almost every thread he posts on that he doesn't watch the player. 2021 intakes have been one of the worst, spade and a bunch of manberg alts. Forum is a dumpster fire.
That’s not true actually, I’ve only said that about Buendia and Aouar who I’ve barely mentioned on this forum. I don’t watch the breadth of football I used to as I think most teams are boring but I’ve been playing (casually), watching and thinking about football for years, at times breaking down player highlights and full matches purely for my pleasure and I've been learning the whole time. Incites all depend on what patterns the person watching recognises so it's extremely subjective anyway, to me we can only have a real conversation if we watch the footage together and discuss the options.

You’re just bitter because I sat your ass down the last time you piped up, go crawl back into your hole and stop talking about me because I’ve got you on ignore now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom