• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam_Og

Sounds like more excuses for why he isn't good enough for the elite teams tbh
Perhaps, but at a reasonable price, he still has potential fo fufil.

he may never do so, it is a gamble as to whether he hits the heights he was once touted to hit.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Yeah.

Seems that 'character' although hard to measure and in theory changeable would be a key attribute when the difference in true talent level of the vast majority of the top level guys (with the obvious superstar exceptions) is not that great.

Always wonder how a Balotteli or even a Pogba would have fared with a CR7 mindset and desire.
Balotelli could have been like Ibrahimovic almost with the right attitude. He massively undersold his talent and physical attributes.

Riou

English Super Cup Enjoyer 🤗
Remember when Balotelli destroyed a top Germany side, at Euro 2012...felt he could have been some player.

Was excited when he was linked to us in 2014...though glad we didn't get him, as I don't think he ever could have put it all together sadly.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Think there is a bit of underrating Ødegaard going on here now. He doesn't have to be as good as Özil to be an important player for Arsenal. Özil was literally seen as the best in the world in his position for a period - that's not where we are as a club right now.

This is a guy who hit 20 G+A in Holland at age 20; then got the second highest number of key passes in La Liga (behind Messi) at 21. If he was perfect last season for us then we wouldn't have a chance of signing him. Not saying he is a game-changer for next season, but he will bring some qualities that we are lacking and be a good addition to the squad. He appears to be a solid character as well, and the more of those we have the better for our future prospects. Every chance that he improves as well when he adapts to the league.

Blankety Blank

The reason people underrate him is simple, we already saw what he offers. I don't think it was his fault, but it was fairly unimpressive.
He had not played football for half a season, turns up and has to adjust to a new league and gets what a dozen or so games and an injury.

People who do not rate him would likely not have rated Thierry or Robert Pires after the same amount of time here and not wanted to sign them if the situation had been the same.

i am not saying he will have a career or the impact they did but he is a very good footballer.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐
That’s not true actually, I’ve only said that about Buendia and Aouar who I’ve barely mentioned on this forum. I don’t watch the breadth of football I used to as I think most teams are boring but I’ve been playing (casually), watching and thinking about football for years, at times breaking down player highlights and full matches purely for my pleasure and I've been learning the whole time. Incites all depend on what patterns the person watching recognises so it's extremely subjective anyway, to me we can only have a real conversation if we watch the footage together and discuss the options.

You’re just bitter because I sat your ass down the last time you piped up, go crawl back into your hole and stop talking about me because I’ve got you on ignore now.
You’ve literally just said in this thread that you’ve never watched Ramsdale lol. You don’t even watch the PL.

If you think repeatedly insulting me is sitting my ass down then okay pal. You definitely got me!

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Why don't you go and just buy him now? Waiting late is risky real madrid might have a serious injury to one of thier forwards and Ødegaard end up staying

Trill

Not Trilly
He's got a better through ball than ESR. Probably better at retaining possession too, although I do think ESR might have a better first touch.

For the position we're in being able to get someone that the manager knows will deliver for him in the way he likes isn't to be sniffed at. And like someone else said I think Smith-Rowe has real potential to be a goal scorer so it makes the need for Maddison less so.

I'd be over the moon to get him. If he becomes what Madrid hoped for (they're wankers, but not idiots...mostly) we can sell him for a profit in a few years and reinvest.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He's got a better through ball than ESR. Probably better at retaining possession too, although I do think ESR might have a better first touch.

For the position we're in being able to get someone that the manager knows will deliver for him in the way he likes isn't to be sniffed at. And like someone else said I think Smith-Rowe has real potential to be a goal scorer so it makes the need for Maddison less so.

I'd be over the moon to get him. If he becomes what Madrid hoped for (they're wankers, but not idiots...mostly) we can sell him for a profit in a few years and reinvest.

@Trilly you changed your name boss?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
say sorry