• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyres7

If he had done something against the mighty Villarreal, I may have had second thoughts but he done **** all. Games like that is where you trust someone like James Maddison much more to deliver
Saka and ESR did nothing against Villareal, do you want to get rid of them too?

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I don't get why people don't see this :lol:

He's good enough to add some creativity to our attack but not sick to the level where he makes ESR redundant who should be our future. He's literally perfect in that way.
Some of us like myself who I will speak for just don't rate him. I don't even like 80% of what he did against West Ham. It's as simple as that, I dont like him, I don't think he's good. I'd love us to switch gears and sign Pereira.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Some of us like myself who I will speak for just don't rate him. I don't even like 80% of what he did against West Ham. It's as simple as that, I dont like him, I don't think he's good. I'd love us to switch gears and sign Pereira.
That's your prerogative man. I happen to like Ødegaard and think he has a high ceiling but I like Pererira too and wouldn't mind him either.

I think Ødegaard's work during his short stint gets unfairly dumped on and I don't quite understand why. He wasn't amazing every game but neither was ESR they are both young and developing.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If he had done something against the mighty Villarreal, I may have had second thoughts but he done **** all. Games like that is where you trust someone like James Maddison much more to deliver

At this point I'd be happy with either Maddison/Ødegaard personally. There's no evidence to say that you could trust Maddison more against Villarreal though, considering he's barely played in the Europa himself.

samspade

That's your prerogative man. I happen to like Ødegaard and think he has a high ceiling but I like Pererira too and wouldn't mind him either.

I think Ødegaard's work during his short stint gets unfairly dumped on and I don't quite understand why. He wasn't amazing every game but neither was ESR they are both young and developing.
Yh that's fair. If you're interested in my take I've already stated in detail a number of times, don't want to keep ****ting on the player. Overall I think he's in the mould of Cesc but way worse.

Gn1212

Maddison was crap when he came back from injury this season. Let his team down before the FA Cup final and he failed to make an impact for Leicester against Chelsea and Sp**s which eventually cost them a CL spot.

You can say his injury didn't help but if you do that, then you have to say the same about Ødegaard's injury too.

Goonger

Didn't deliver for Leicester against Slavia Prague though!

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Maddison was crap when he came back from injury this season. Let his team down before the FA Cup final and he failed to make an impact for Leicester against Chelsea and Sp**s which eventually cost them a CL spot.

You can say his injury didn't help but if you do that, then you have to say the same about Ødegaard's injury too.
Listen man, if you really think Ødegaard is going to take us to the next level, you seem to have forgotten that he was part of our worst ever EPL team. You can't expect different results when you're persisting with the same group. With the season we had, a major haul is required

Gn1212

Listen man, if you really think Ødegaard is going to take us to the next level, you seem to have forgotten that he was part of our worst ever EPL team. You can't expect different results when you're persisting with the same group. With the season we had, a major haul is required
I didn't even say that though. You said you would have trusted Maddison against Villarreal and I gave you two examples where Maddison let his team down in crucial moments.

Btw, Ødegaard wasn't here during that bad spell last season. He was here though when the team was performing much better in 2021.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Need to hold talks with Ødegaard if he really want to come here and make his future more stable he always wanted that look like he'll never have that at Madrid the club itself is not stable.

samspade

I didn't even say that though. You said you would have trusted Maddison against Villarreal and I gave you two examples where Maddison let his team down in crucial moments.

Btw, Ødegaard wasn't here during that bad spell last season. He was here though when the team was performing much better in 2021.
Here's question someone could answer and if not, I'll look into a bit later when I can be bothered. Was he there for all or most of the bad games we played in 2021?
Edit: worthless, too many variables.

Pyres7

See my comment above about Saka and ESR. They were part of the same group of players, by your logic we should bin everyone.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Need to hold talks with Ødegaard if he really want to come here and make his future more stable he always wanted that look like he'll never have that at Madrid the club itself is not stable.

Just be proactive and call Perez.

If any of this is true, this is Arsenal trying to bring the price down. Like the Xhaka deal, if the player only wants to join one club, he'll limit how much the selling party can try and get out of the deal.

This is not right back or CM where we're currently stacked bodies-wise. Stop waiting around ffs.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Go for Ødegaard and a quality cm please...

Why would we want Maddison for 70m and huge wages so he can sit in the same room as KT with hip injuries around Christmas time.

Replacing Xhaka with a quality cm is better than Maddison...

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Go for Ødegaard and a quality cm please...

Why would we want Maddison for 70m and huge wages so he can sit in the same room as KT with hip injuries around Christmas time.

Replacing Xhaka with a quality cm is better than Maddison...
Because he's 10X the player

Goonger

Here's question someone could answer and if not, I'll look into a bit later when I can be bothered. Was he there for all or most of the bad games we played in 2021?
Edit: worthless, too many variables.

I agree, too many variables. However, I didn't look at all of them but if you count Palace at home, Villa away, Wolves away, Olympiakos at home, Everton at home, Fulham at home and Slavia Prague at home among the worst performances of 2021, then he didnt start in any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom