• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
More reliable than the Norway manager?
If we nitpick his words, he said "permanent solution" not transfer. If they tell him he can have one more season on loan before replacing one of their aging midfield starts he might agree to it.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
No, not another loan, we need to build a team with players that are committed to the club.

He can stay at Madrid and get depressed while watching his career go down the drain.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If we nitpick his words, he said "permanent solution" not transfer. If they tell him he can have one more season on loan before replacing one of their aging midfield starts he might agree to it.

Not a permanent solution though is as he’ll be right back to where he was last season?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

supposedly reliable for Madrid...
If this is the case then **** Ødegaard. I’ve been backing this guy over Madders because of his lack of an injury worry but nah.

Madders sounds like he wants to be here while Ødegaard is moving like one of those dumb hoes who’s friends always tell her to stop being hung up on some douchebag, only for her to keep going to his place.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
why so against the loan? 🤷‍♂️ The player has shown he is fully committed while here last time.

It also removes all risk as a good chance ESR can make the position his + if Arteta gets sacked Ødegaard could easily become a white elephant on a big contract.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
You start to wonder if Ødegaard spent a lot of time in the friendzone in his teens

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Confirmation bias / narrative fallacy at work here, tbh.

Information doesn't fit with preconceived narratives and perceptions? Think of rather improbable explanations or excuses to confirm your bias / narrative.

We're all guilty of it sometimes, myself very much included. But this seems a rather clear example of it. Ødegaard is a rather misrepresented player around here, and the narrative around him doesn't really fit in many ways with what he actually is.
Do you know in detail how the pressure stats or any stats are calculated? Because if you don’t you have no place telling me there’s confirmation bias at play. I don’t think Ødegaard’s lazy at all. I get the feeling people put far too much stock into statistical tools they don’t even understand.
I'm no expert on football stats but from what I know of modelling stat's are a way of reducing something very complex- 11 vs 11 football to something simpler and measurable but they are incomplete and they can be inflated as in built definitions favour some actions over others.
Having spoken to some on here who'd prefer to look at actions per minute rather than raw results I'm going to make it my business to understand how these stats are calculated in detail.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ødegaard is moving like one of those dumb hoes who’s friends always tell her to stop being hung up on some douchebag, only for her to keep going to his place.

But she can change him...Madrid just need to meet that right person is all!

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Not a permanent solution though is as he’ll be right back to where he was last season?

Ødegaard said he wants stability. Going on loan again on the promise that he will come back and be a starter in 12 months time isn’t stability. They could sack the manager, they could sign someone else, someone from the academy could break through. He was told he’d be a big part of the squad after his Sociedad loan and look how that turned out.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
why so against the loan? 🤷‍♂️ The player has shown he is fully committed while here last time.

It also removes all risk as a good chance ESR can make the position his + if Arteta gets sacked Ødegaard could easily become a white elephant on a big contract.
But IMO that’s the whole point of a DOF. They keep the vision intact and look at life after the current manager. They’re meant to be good with squad planning etc. The ridiculous thing at this club is our DOF is eating out of Arteta’s hands as he clinged to him when Raul got sacked.

In reality I would say to you is, why don’t we sign someone who suits who we already have, a multi positional player who can interchange in the attack (for example I don’t see Nkunku not working under a new manager- as long as we get one who suits our squad) Nkunku can play in different formations from 433 to 4231 to even 343 probably. But this is the issue we are signing people for the current manager like he’s Arsène Wenger or something. So I guess you’re right with your point but IMO it shows we are being run crap.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So much noise coming out now, it is hard to know what is reliable information. Loan with option might suit us, but it all depends on the player. An option will avail us little if the player does not want to make the move permanent.

Our finances will probably play a role here too. Can we afford a central midfielder and a number 10?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Forget Maddison and Odeegard and go all in ON Martinez. He can play as a 10 also.
🐐

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom