• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Good player but not an exciting one. He's a very good football though.

I'd much rather Maddison, but Ødegaard, Saka and Partey at least should allow us to keep the ball a bit.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
This is literally a carbon copy of the Ceballos situation, a mixed loan with only a handful of good games has the fans wanting more. There were loads of games were Ødegaard looked next to useless because he's so one dimensional. He's not good in tight spaces, he's not exactly a great dribbler, he doesn't make good runs, he's never gonna be a goal-scorer, not particularly quick. He's just a guy you're hoping will find a bit of space to play that killer ball.

Positives are he's a good lad who'll work hard (I think we know why Arteta loves him so much), he doesn't have a huge ego so he's not afraid to do some dirty work. But as a game changer or a midfielder who can seriously contribute to the all round play, he leaves a lot to be desired. And this is the thing none of the people who want him are telling you what he's actually going to contribute or how he improves us. They'll just talk about how promising he is, the fact he's at Real and how he's more affordable than Maddison, oh and he has the ability to play a nice ball.
Agree with much of your post but not about him not being good in tight spaces. Thats one of his strengths imo. Always aware of whats around him and with a very silky touch

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
This is literally a carbon copy of the Ceballos situation, a mixed loan with only a handful of good games has the fans wanting more. There were loads of games were Ødegaard looked next to useless because he's so one dimensional. He's not good in tight spaces, he's not exactly a great dribbler, he doesn't make good runs, he's never gonna be a goal-scorer, not particularly quick. He's just a guy you're hoping will find a bit of space to play that killer ball.

Positives are he's a good lad who'll work hard (I think we know why Arteta loves him so much), he doesn't have a huge ego so he's not afraid to do some dirty work. But as a game changer or a midfielder who can seriously contribute to the all round play, he leaves a lot to be desired. And this is the thing none of the people who want him are telling you what he's actually going to contribute or how he improves us. They'll just talk about how promising he is, the fact he's at Real and how he's more affordable than Maddison, oh and he has the ability to play a nice ball.

1628592228409.png

1628592266845.png

1628592296744.png

1628592496864.png

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
I'd much rather Ødegaard for 40 million than Maddison (with his possible hip problems) for 70 million. Then get a RB for the 30 million bonus left, or replace Elneny.
Lokonga can replace El Floppy imo

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Oh my friggin' God. This forum is full of flip-floppers who can't stand by their word and change tune every other month.

I mean, football fans are fickle like that, I'm memeing more than anything else. Don't mind changing of opinions, that's actually healthy, but I don't like it when people try to gaslight everyone acting like they never said what they did.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We getting him for 40m euros if the Maddison deal not happen that my prediction. My only worry with Ødegaard seem he look desperate to make it at Real Madrid but whoever in charge there fancy players who are better than him and that fact Casamiro Valverde and Kross even Asensio before his injury they all better. So he need to be realistic he nothing but bench player at madrid but at Arsenal he'll compete with ESR and can continue to settle he also looking for stability in his career it's clear he'll never have that at madrid

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I like Ødegaard and think he's better value at €45m than Maddison at £70m.

Shame that if we do get him permanently we didn't actually have him here for pre-season. He was settling well during his loan.

Do agree we probably need to add a striker if he comes instead of Maddison or Aouar who are probably getting 8+ goals in our side. Ødegaard would get maybe 5 goals max, I reckon.

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I mean, football fans are fickle like that, I'm memeing more than anything else. Don't mind changing of opinions, that's actually healthy, but I don't like it when people try to gaslight everyone acting like they never said what they did.
Well, personally I can easily say I was wrong about Willian for example. I thought he was good experienced free transfer to have something to fall on if the youth doesn't perform.

I also say no one could predict the fall of performance in a few months he had. It has been catastrophic stuff. Also not easy to predict that Arteta will rely on him for so long even if he doesn't perform well.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In terms of actual squad depth and giving ESR more minutes in the 10 Ødegaard makes the most sense. In terms of cost Ødegaard makes the most sense. Maddison is the better player and would be better for us, but with signing Ødegaard for say £35M you can really splash the cash on a quality striker.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
@Tir Na Nog when Ødegaard gets an assist

E5ZWIW3XwAEtrnl

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

I feel a bit burned by Ceballos as well, really thought that he was going to be the real deal after those performances in the FA Cup run. Definitely get where you are coming from with Ødegaard. He had perhaps three performances that were almost man of match and then quite a few that were less impressive. There's a risk he doesn't ever reach the level we need.

But that said, Ceballos and Ødegaard are different players, just because one bombs it doesn't mean the other will. Maddison was actually worse arguably at the end of last season and Ode was still finding his feet in the team and the league. If you are looking for some optimism then we were far better than 8th in the second half of the season with ESR, Saka, Martinelli, Ode and Pepe all balling together... chances are you get further improvements from most of them this year as well.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I feel a bit burned by Ceballos as well, really thought that he was going to be the real deal after those performances in the FA Cup run.
And people were moaning that we only loaned him for two seasons. "Small club mentality".

Well, this time it was absolutely a master-class to only loan him, which I was fine with, because of our club's situation and finances at the time. We got a good depth player who is better than Elneny still, who might have been better than he ended up being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom