• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What I’m not understanding though, is I feel it’s been the case for a while he’s not guaranteed game time and he now wants to leave to Arsenal, so what’s the delay on making no bids or anything ? Unless we’re negotiating behind the scenes or Madrid are just waiting then I’m not sure what the hold up is?
Waiting for Willock deal to be finialised ? No idea.

That's the point I've been making. Doesn't make any sense to me. Only 18 days left thank lord.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Real have got the worst squad in the decade and they still don't want Ødegaard?

If I speak I am in big trouble.

This is the thing, Isco and Hazard are out of shape and well past it, Modric is nearing retirement, Bale has no motivation to be a footballer, heavily reliant on Benzema and yet Ødegaard is still not even being picked for the squad despite being pretty young with his whole career ahead of him. That's pretty alarming to me. This is as bad a Madrid side as I can remember, surely if he's in any way as good as folk on here make him out to be then Carlo would at least give him a chance.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
What I’m not understanding though, is I feel it’s been the case for a while he’s not guaranteed game time and he now wants to leave to Arsenal, so what’s the delay on making no bids or anything ? Unless we’re negotiating behind the scenes or Madrid are just waiting then I’m not sure what the hold up is?
Waiting for Willock deal to be finialised ? No idea.

Could be a sort of half foot in the door half foot out situation. He might’ve had suspicions it was going this way and now this is final confirmation.

field442

Trusted ⭐
This is the thing, Isco and Hazard are out of shape and well past it, Modric is nearing retirement, Bale has no motivation to be a footballer, heavily reliant on Benzema and yet Ødegaard is still not even being picked for the squad despite being pretty young with his whole career ahead of him. That's pretty alarming to me. This is as bad a Madrid side as I can remember, surely if he's in any way as good as folk on here make him out to be then Carlo would at least give him a chance.

We’re pretty much doing the same thing with Willock though. I’m sure you don’t think Willock is **** because we’re deciding to sell him despite having a terrible squad?

Tir Na Nog

This whole thing is pretty embarrassing, trying to work out if Real are registering him or not before we can actually make a bid with just over 2 weeks of the window remaining for a player that isn't even that good while we're absolutely in desperate need of playmaker.

Tir Na Nog

We’re pretty much doing the same thing with Willock though. I’m sure you don’t think Willock is **** because we’re deciding to sell him despite having a terrible squad?

I trust Ancelotti's judgement a hell of a lot more than I trust Arteta's. We're selling Willock because Arteta is ****, not the player himself.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

If Newcastle had bid a month ago Willock would've been out the door. Teams like Newcastle will always drag their heels to save a bit of cash.

With us what's the hold up? Still no bid for Ødegaard, our supposed first target despite the season starting today. Does not make any sense.

Tir Na Nog

This is the same Ancelotti who let Özil go when he was at his absolute peak.

Because they had just signed Isco and Bale and Real were in a far different situation back in 2013, had loads of attacking options and the Ballon d'Or winner of that year. Now this is a Real team heavily reliant on a single player with an aging attack outwith two Brazilian lads who're still miles off living up to their potential and in desperate need of a spark. If a 23 year old Özil was there today there's no chance in hell Ancelotti would be leaving him out of the starting XI nevermind leaving him out of the squad.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It's like when we bought Gabriel and Partey then their teams went on to win the league against way bigger and richer teams.

blrgooner

Established Member
Real had one of the best periods in the history after selling Özil, so he was right :lol:
Özil was absolutely brilliant for us for the first few seasons though. So I guess the point is that how one manager sees a player in the context of one squad is not necessarily an indication of the quality of the player

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Özil was absolutely brilliant for us for the first few seasons though. So I guess the point is that how one manager sees a player in the context of one squad is not necessarily an indication of the quality of the player
Agree.
I just wanted to add that you can't compare Özil when he left Madrid for Arsenal to Ode.
Özil was an absolute star at that time, Ode is nowhere near that level.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I checked how much Ødegaard has played in their pre-season matches, and it was 30 minutes against Milan and 78 minutes against Rangers.

Should always check myself, because I had the impression from here that he hasn't played much at all in those. I don't have my hopes up anymore.

field442

Trusted ⭐
I checked how much Ødegaard has played in their pre-season matches, and it was 30 minutes against Milan and 78 minutes against Rangers.

Should always check myself, because I had the impression from here that he hasn't played much at all in those. I don't have my hopes up anymore.

Not really relevant is it if they leave him out of the squad for the first league game?

blrgooner

Established Member
Agree.
I just wanted to add that you can't compare Özil when he left Madrid for Arsenal to Ode.
Özil was an absolute star at that time, Ode is nowhere near that level.
He is not. Nowhere close to Özil at present.
He is also one sellable asset they have who can be used to buy a star(very similar to willock situation).
So it makes sense from their perspective to sell. Doesn't necessarily mean that they think he is poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom