• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Reckon he gets renewed and is loaned with an option.

Can’t see it being an option. It’s been said this is the summer he’ll make a definitive career choice. The Norway national team manager said he doesn’t want to go out on loan again so I imagine it will either be permanent or done in a way so that the loan has to become permanent, so he knows where he will be for the foreseeable future.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Forget a loan. If Madrid want him gone, sign him now while his price is low. If we loan him and he has a good season, 1. His price will go up, and 2. Clubs like Liverpool will circle.

Sign him on a permanent.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Can’t see it being an option. It’s been said this is the summer he’ll make a definitive career choice. The Norway national team manager said he doesn’t want to go out on loan again so I imagine it will either be permanent or done in a way so that the loan has to become permanent, so he knows where he will be for the foreseeable future.

Perez also knows he could probably get more out from his fee if he renews. Player dreams of Madrid, so it could happen.

At this point, though, I see no reason for Arsenal or Madrid to loan him without an option or obligation, which is good either way.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've always said loaning MO or buying him for a sensible amount was a good option. A player of his age & class is too good an opportunity to miss. Sure there are better players out there but with no European football its hard to attract a better player.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can’t see why Madrid would agree to a loan, unless there’s an obligation to buy.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Forget a loan. If Madrid want him gone, sign him now while his price is low. If we loan him and he has a good season, 1. His price will go up, and 2. Clubs like Liverpool will circle.

Sign him on a permanent.
We can match whatever Liverpool offer and he wants continuity so he'll choose us over anyone else. The priority is to get him here, in whichever form possible.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Ødegaard smashing it in the poll btw. Seems like most would be happy with this one.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Madrid would ideally be getting rid of players like Bale and Isco and freeing up money by clearing their wages off the books but those two won’t leave so Madrid might have to look at selling someone like Ødegaard.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why the hell we not trying and make a bid if we want him back?

It's clear his future there is uncertain even if Ancelotti want him to stay.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Why the hell we not trying and make a bid if we want him back?

It's clear his future there is uncertain even if Ancelotti want him to stay.

Well Ødegaard wanted to go back and see how it goes at Madrid. It has probably taken a few weeks of pre-season for him to realise he liked it here and would consider coming back.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Ødegaard smashing it in the poll btw. Seems like most would be happy with this one.

tbh I think Maddison brings more directness, which is needed for us, but I think the price it would take to bring him here is prohibitive.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Interesting isn’t it. You go on Twitter an nobody wants him, everyone is obsessed with Maddison.
And everyone wanted Ødegaard before Maddison links appeared 😂 twitter is funny place Maddison is better player but clearly the deal more complicated and expensive

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Interesting isn’t it. You go on Twitter an nobody wants him, everyone is obsessed with Maddison.

I don’t know why but I’m just not convinced by Maddison anymore, especially at his price. I think Ødegaard has the higher ceiling.

I’d like to see Ødegaard and a top CM, I think Ode can play deeper as well and let ESR drift to 10 etc.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
tbh I think Maddison brings more directness, which is needed for us, but I think the price it would take to bring him here is prohibitive.

This is the reason we should go for Maddison imo. He provides more of a contrast to ESR, who is more of a link/ball retention player. I think Ødegaard is more so one of those types as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom