• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Both ESR and Ødegaard easily can add goals to thier game they always find themselves in great positions to score the shooting letting them down that where Maddison is better he can score from everywhere.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Oh dear God no.
I really hope this doesn’t happen. My biggest issue with Ødegaard is how I think he’ll destroy Saka’s and Pepe’s influence on the right. There was a period in December when Saka really went up a level playing on the RW. Then Martin came and nullified his game. If you want the best for Saka or Pepe, you need an AM that won’t hog their space. Everyone dislikes Bellerin because he takes up Pepe’s space. What do you think Ødegaard will do?

Look at Saka’s form and guess the arrival of Ødegaard.

Attachments

• 6BB5F156-AFA8-4A6A-BA62-D27BC7FC686E.png
    6BB5F156-AFA8-4A6A-BA62-D27BC7FC686E.png
    259.8 KB · Views: 23

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Would say the same about Arsenal tbf.
I am so annoyed you took that one why did I not see the lay up.
Madrid on another level imo. But probably different types. Arsenal are hysteric with stuff because of our current predicament, Id say Madrid are like that in good or bad.

Also, don’t use AM as a gage. This site is utterly ridiculous at times with some people’s hot takes on players. Many would be roasted to oblivion on Arsenal group chats across the country. I have said that before about bums like Rasmi who essentially big up every other player in relation to ours.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Oh dear God no.
I really hope this doesn’t happen. My biggest issue with Ødegaard is how I think he’ll destroy Saka’s and Pepe’s influence on the right. There was a period in December when Saka really went up a level playing on the RW. Then Martin came and nullified his game. If you want the best for Saka or Pepe, you need an AM that won’t hog their space. Everyone dislikes Bellerin because he takes up Pepe’s space. What do you think Ødegaard will do?

Interesting.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Oh dear God no.

I put the downturn of form down to fatigue and overuse personally, you raise a point though.

Saka can play with anybody. I also liked what I saw with Pepe and Ødegaard (of what I remember anyways).

RunTheTrap

Oh dear God no.

This is about balance. We can’t sign another left-footed number 10. This was why I was against Ødegaard and Bernardo Silva. It’s not that I don’t rate them, it’s because they heavily hog one side of the pitch and limit what our RW can do.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Oh dear God no.

Weird, I feel Pepe played better with Ødegaard and ESR together.

Saka I think was just overused by Tets. It's normal that fatigue takes over especially when the player is so young. Remember how Cesc always killed it until Christmas at the beginning of his career here. :D

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Oh dear God no.

This is nonsense. Ødegaard drifting to the right should allow Pepe and Saka to move central. Ødegaard and Saka linked up well, Saka was just off form. Pepes goal vs Brighton came as a result of Ødegaard moving to the right and threading a ball through to Pepe.

RunTheTrap

I put the downturn of form down to fatigue and overuse personally, you raise a point though.

Saka can play with anybody. I also liked what I saw with Pepe and Ødegaard (of what I remember anyways).
This was only in December btw, less than halfway the season. Fatigue doesn’t really occur until March.

RunTheTrap

Saka I think was just overused by Tets. It's normal that fatigue takes over especially when the player is so young. Remember how Cesc always killed it until Christmas at the beginning of his career here. :D
I doubt Saka was fatigued by December. That wasn’t even halfway through the season. Saka’s form down tailed with the arrival of Ødegaard

RunTheTrap

Pepe’s best form normally came when Auba wasn’t on the pitch.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Oh dear God no.

Saka looked burnt out after a while imo. I don’t think it was exclusively the reason you’re talking about. He played poor in that period when Ødegaard was injured as well.

Pepe looked like he could form a decent partnership with Ødegaard. We saw a few good plays with them. If Ødegaard coming in helps Saka get considered for LW sometimes then I’m not complaining. But remember that players drift. Maddison would probably disappear in a lot of games or drift left. Aouar drifts left. If you play ESR or Saka LW then have someone who drifts there it’s the same issue.

I’m sure drifting out wide is essential for attacking mids these days, but you can work it out so people don’t get in eachothers space.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I really dont know where this Pepe bashing is coming from in terms of the last half season.
He's been underwhelming, especially give his price tag for 1,5 years, where you would naturally expect stellar performances close to day 1, but the last 15-20 games he's been our major offensive threat.

Saka was relatively poor at that stage, but I dont blame our starboy for having a low patch at that agw and rate of playing time.

Pepe was pretty consistently one of the best defensive contributers from our attacking players which shows a massive improvement in his profile.
He's been showcasing more decisiveness and output as well whilst being our main spark in several games where the rest of our offensive players did nothing.

One of pur biggest upsides to the end and some promise for a turn around on his behalf.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I doubt Saka was fatigued by December. That wasn’t even halfway through the season. Saka’s form down tailed with the arrival of Ødegaard
Saka was poor with or without Ødegaard for a period so I disagree. It's hard and a bit unfair to blame one players bad form on another.

RunTheTrap

This is nonsense. Ødegaard drifting to the right should allow Pepe and Saka to move central. Ødegaard and Saka linked up well, Saka was just off form. Pepes goal vs Brighton came as a result of Ødegaard moving to the right and threading a ball through to Pepe.
That’s literally a one time thing. That goal against Brighton at the end of the season was the first time that link up worked and formed a goal. Yes Ødegaard has only assisted Pepe in one goal and hasn’t assisted Saka yet. Ødegaard does not get the best out of Saka or Pepe. Maybe Chambers but not the former two.

Trill

Not Trilly

Not just fatigue but Saka was given way too much responsibility in the attacking third. Started running out of ideas. Again like you said, the guy's so young.

RunTheTrap

Saka was poor with or without Ødegaard for a period so I disagree. It's hard and a bit unfair to blame one players bad form on another.
Saka was not considered poor in December. No one thought that. His poor form came much later in the season.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

You do make a valid point but we'll see. It's a small sample size and there were games they haven't played together after his arrival where Saka still looked bad which is normal given his age.

We'll see. Would much rather Ode than Madison but in the end we may end up with neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom