• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Welcome to mid table obscurity.

We want Stan to spend but not that much. If the money is there just go buy the players we want.
I don't rate Ødegaard to expect him to push us up the table with his contribution. I think that was pretty obvious while he was on loan here. He can produce glimpeses of quality but he needs to develop further. He went missing in games too much for my liking and we can't expect the Club to develop ESR and Ødegaard in the same time. That would be midtable obsucrity.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Do you guys think Maddison is MILES ahead of Ødegaard?

No, but I feel that we need an attacking midfielder like Maddison much more. No point in scrimping over 20m.

To call Ødegaard style of substance is unfair, but Maddison would be more likely to score and assist more and take some pressure off our forwards.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I don't rate Ødegaard to expect him to push us up the table with his contribution. I think that was pretty obvious while he was on loan here. He can produce glimpeses of quality but he needs to develop further. He went missing in games too much for my liking and we can't expect the Club to develop ESR and Ødegaard in the same time. That would be midtable obsucrity.
Ødegaard arrived having barely kicked a ball and got injured. Those glimpeses IMO are encouraging when viewed in the overall context. You don't think the club can develop ESR and Ødegaard but want us to play Willock instead? Wouldn't that mean developing them both and from a lower base?

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Ødegaard arrived having barely kicked a ball and got injured. Those glimpeses IMO are encouraging when viewed in the overall context. You don't think the club can develop ESR and Ødegaard but want us to play Willock instead? Wouldn't that mean developing them both and from a lower base?

I want Willock to be sold. I mentioned him in relation to someone pointing out what if ESR gets injured. As this was one of the arguments why we need to strengthen this area (CAM position). We have more pressing needs than ****ing around with Real Madrid and Ødegaard. I just don't see enough upside especially for the reported price.

I'd rather gamble with ESR as a 10 and splash the money in other areas, most importantly the central midfield position, which hopefully we'll address next.

Last edited:

Henry boi

No one knows with Ødegaard including the media in Madrid. He is the best AM we could get, I like Maddison but he is not needed with ESR being here.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
why so against the loan? 🤷‍♂️ The player has shown he is fully committed while here last time.

It also removes all risk as a good chance ESR can make the position his + if Arteta gets sacked Ødegaard could easily become a white elephant on a big contract.
I think a loan with an option to buy would be nice.
Would a loan be ideal? No but you would be mad to write it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom