• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Price is bonkers AND Buy-Back. Having a laugh, well not so much, as we might do it.
€50m for Ødegaard is about right. Buy-back is fine, just set it high. Anyways people like Saka, ESR, even Hutchinson will be far more developed, and hopefully the market will be more recovered, by the time that buy-back would be used, so I don't think it's such a big deal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Buy back clause going to be a fee not if he won personal trophies. I don't want us to include that because every summer we'll be worried about them activate it specially if he does perform.

Ødegaard also as much he love to play and be star at real madrid and i don't blame him every player dream about it but he need to be realistic he is only squad player at real madrid.

Multipass

I want him, but £50m is having a laugh no? £40m maybe. He didn’t get the chance to do enough last season to warrant that price (partially down to the injury) but that’s the reality and Madrid have to know that.

This feels like Madrid playing us to get a high price, when they have no intention of playing him even if he does stay.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I want him, but £50m is having a laugh no? £40m maybe. He didn’t get the chance to do enough last season to warrant that price (partially down to the injury) but that’s the reality and Madrid have to know that.

This feels like Madrid playing us to get a high price, when they have no intention of playing him even if he does stay.

Well its 50m euro's supposedly which is around £42M. Still think thats a little high.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

€50m is not far off £40m.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think we'll get him for EUR 40m especially if Madrid want a buy back clause. I hope we get him, partly because I rate him and partly because this is exactly what I said would happen when he went back to Madrid at the end of the season. They were never going to make him a starter, we will. Come Home MO! :)

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

A buy back clause doesn’t make no sense whatsoever. At least with other players (Casemiro, Carvajal etc) they were happy to go back to Madrid but it’s now or never for Ødegaard especially as they changed the manager.

If he doesn’t make it in Madrid this season, he’ll never make it there.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
40m with 60m buyback, 50m with 80m buyback.
Thats horrific - its effectively them spending 20 million for a developed player that can make the Madrid first team (they wouldnt buy him back otherwise), has to be at least a 120 million buyback minimum. Theres zero point in buying a young player, making him part of the team and being able to lose them any January or Summer.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Thats horrific - its effectively them spending 20 million for a developed player that can make the Madrid first team (they wouldnt buy him back otherwise), has to be at least a 120 million buyback minimum. Theres zero point in buying a young player, making him part of the team and being able to lose them any January or Summer.
Okay, lets leave the absolute numbers to the decision men, the idea was if they want a higher fee then the buyback clause should increase proportionately. The onus should be to get him here though, even if its on loan. We are hopeless without someone to hold onto the ball.

Liam_Og

Impossible to set a buy back value in today’s market. I’ve read somewhere that even buy backs are being linked to performances and individual stats. So the truth is its unlikely to be a static figure.

i’m also not sure about Martin’s view on a buy back, if he leaves RM for Arsenal its because he feels underwhelmed by life and opportunities at RM, this has been going on for 4 years now, i’m not sure he’d particularly want to develop and be elite then be forced to resign for the club that nearly killed his career. In a few years the spanish clubs will be a less exciting prospect anyway. The 2 power houses are going broke, i can see it being between the top 2 or 3 prem clubs along with maybe BvB and Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom