• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Okay, lets leave the absolute numbers to the decision men, the idea was if they want a higher fee then the buyback clause should increase proportionately. The onus should be to get him here though, even if its on loan. We are hopeless without someone to hold onto the ball.
I feel like if we offer to take him on a loan for a season they wont sell him. Id be negotiating to take him on either as a permanent or loan with option/compulsory buy only. Hes not happy at Madrid by all accounts and they need money, the deal should be straightforward enough as we get closer to the end of the transfer window.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Impossible to set a buy back value in today’s market. I’ve read somewhere that even buy backs are being linked to performances and individual stats. So the truth is its unlikely to be a static figure.

i’m also not sure about Martin’s view on a buy back, if he leaves RM for Arsenal its because he feels underwhelmed by life and opportunities at RM, this has been going on for 4 years now, i’m not sure he’d particularly want to develop and be elite then be forced to resign for the club that nearly killed his career. In a few years the spanish clubs will be a less exciting prospect anyway. The 2 power houses are going broke, i can see it being between the top 2 or 3 prem clubs along with maybe BvB and Bayern.
I think the way these clauses normally work is that they need the consent of both the buying club and the player. So Real Madrid would also have to get agreement from Martin for a future move.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I’m sure another loan deal will be hacked out before the end of the window.

We should leave this kid alone and go for either Auoar or West Brom’s Pereira. The former able to play 8 and do a job at 10, the latter a cheaper Maddison option and I think both complimentary and rotational to ESR.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I feel like if we offer to take him on a loan for a season they wont sell him. Id be negotiating to take him on either as a permanent or loan with option/compulsory buy only. Hes not happy at Madrid by all accounts and they need money, the deal should be straightforward enough as we get closer to the end of the transfer window.
Yeah, loan should really be the last resort. I don't trust our negotiating team to get a deal that favors us, so it could very well come to that.

Liam_Og

I think the way these clauses normally work is that they need the consent of both the buying club and the player. So Real Madrid would also have to get agreement from Martin for a future move.
Which is my point, if he leaves now, unlikely he’ll ever return, which will render the agreement useless.

6666Louis

Don't really get why we give ESR #10 and looking for an attacking midfielder?? And not a central midfielder?

Is it possible that either ESR or Ødegaard move further back: ESR more as a box to box, Ødegaard converter to a Pirlo-like with pace? 2 offensive midfielders who track back?

Could be an interesting midfield setup: Ødegaard– Partey – ESR.
Attack: Saka – Lautaro – Martinelli/Pepe

Lots of movement and speed in that setup, both offensively and defensively.

Confess to being an idealistic prick, but Pep and Arteta wants to revolutionise the game

Pyres7

Don't really get why we give ESR #10 and looking for an attacking midfielder?? And not a central midfielder?

Is it possible that either ESR or Ødegaard move further back: ESR more as a box to box, Ødegaard converter to a Pirlo-like with pace? 2 offensive midfielders who track back?

Confess to being an idealistic prick, but Pep and Arteta wants to revolutionise the game
The 10 shirt was just a bargaining chip to get ESR to sign a new contract.

All signs point to ESR on the left, there wouldn't be so much interest in Maddison, Ødegaard and Buendia (before Villa signed him) otherwise.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ødegaard has played in central midfield in a 4-4-2 for Norway, with mixed results in my view. Long term I could see him playing there, but I think he would be too lightweight now.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Ødegaard has played in central midfield in a 4-4-2 for Norway, with mixed results in my view. Long term I could see him playing there, but I think he would be too lightweight now.
How do you reckon he’d fare in a mid 3?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

How do you reckon he’d fare in a mid 3?
I think that would work significantly better, but I've not really seen him in such a role. Norway rarely play like that, and it is also hard to judge him based on the current national team, as it is completely rubbish. Even Lagerbeck couldn't get something out of it.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction

Our business is too poor. I will see what Arteta and Edu will do on the last day of the transfer. Other clubs are working very well. While we can't not sell anyone to have a fund. So weird

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Do Kroos & Ødegaard somehow play similar positions? Or what is the logic in this?
I thought this as well, why are we closing the Ødegaard thread again? It's been opened and closed more than Sharon Stones legs in Basic Instinct.

Reckon Ødegaard is still on - the window is finally starting to move now, Arsenal surely have 2-3 signings left to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom