• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I only want this guy if we get Isak or Lautaro up front. If not its just a waste.
We need creativity no matter what. For the ~30 million we have left if we get Ødegaard (who is 2 years younger than Maddison), we can get for example Aouar for creativity instead of Elneny or upgrade Bellerin.

Makes more sense to me to buy Ødegaard if we can get him without a buy-back clause.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We need creativity no matter what. For the 30 million we have left if we get Ødegaard (who is 2 years younger than Maddison), we can get for example Aouar for creativity instead of Elneny or upgrade Bellerin.

Makes more sense to me.

Yeah for sure, but we also need goals. Something Ødegaard doesn't provide in abundance. Signing Aouar is also overkill unless of course Xhaka pops off. Also the fact that we STILL only have one foreign spot left doesn't help. I see Torreira/Kola going though.

I think a striker is imperative. And instead of spending £60M and £30M on Maddison/Abraham you could go for Ødegaard and Lautaro/Isak for around £100M. Makes a lot more sense to me.

Kysus

This is literally a carbon copy of the Ceballos situation, a mixed loan with only a handful of good games has the fans wanting more. There were loads of games were Ødegaard looked next to useless because he's so one dimensional. He's not good in tight spaces, he's not exactly a great dribbler, he doesn't make good runs, he's never gonna be a goal-scorer, not particularly quick. He's just a guy you're hoping will find a bit of space to play that killer ball.

Positives are he's a good lad who'll work hard (I think we know why Arteta loves him so much), he doesn't have a huge ego so he's not afraid to do some dirty work. But as a game changer or a midfielder who can seriously contribute to the all round play, he leaves a lot to be desired. And this is the thing none of the people who want him are telling you what he's actually going to contribute or how he improves us. They'll just talk about how promising he is, the fact he's at Real and how he's more affordable than Maddison, oh and he has the ability to play a nice ball.
He is better than anyone we have in tight spaces, he is really good at dropping between the lines to receive the ball, which something we are missing badly since losing Özil. He has fantastic (shooting) technique too so clearly will increase his scoring output in the future(still only 22).
He is on a similar level to Maddison right now but his ceiling is much higher.

Only reason we have not signed him yet is his reluctance to let his abusive relationship with Real Madrid go.

drippin

Yeah for sure, but we also need goals. Something Ødegaard doesn't provide in abundance. Signing Aouar is also overkill unless of course Xhaka pops off. Also the fact that we STILL only have one foreign spot left doesn't help. I see Torreira/Kola going though.

I think a striker is imperative. And instead of spending £60M and £30M on Maddison/Abraham you could go for Ødegaard and Lautaro/Isak for around £100M. Makes a lot more sense to me.
I think we need more creativity than necessarily a striker this year. Could be better/cheaper options for striker next year too.

Isn't the rumoured price for Lautaro/Isak more like 80-90 million? I think your prices are off.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think we need more creativity than necessarily a striker this year. Could be better/cheaper options for striker next year too.

Isn't the rumoured price for Lautaro/Isak more like 80-90 million? I think your prices are off.

I agree about the creativity, but ESR has to play as well so we only need one imo. I mean Lautaro (unless he signs a new deal) will be into his last year. The problem is clubs will be richer by that point. So we have to take our chances now whilst Europe is on its knees.

80-90 million euros yeah. 80m euros is around £67M. So you'd be looking at £100-110M. I can see Ødegaard and Tammy happening which is pony.

drippin

I agree about the creativity, but ESR has to play as well so we only need one imo. I mean Lautaro (unless he signs a new deal) will be into his last year. The problem is clubs will be richer by that point. So we have to take our chances now whilst Europe is on its knees.

80-90 million euros yeah. 80m euros is around £67M. So you'd be looking at £100-110M. I can see Ødegaard and Tammy happening which is pony.
We have Partey, Xhaka, Sambi and Elneny for 2 spots. I'd rather we get rid of Elneny and get someone there in addition to Sambi who is adjusting too, so cannot be totally trusted upon.

I never want to see Elneny start an important game for Arsenal again. Partey has been injured too much and is going to AFCON.

Isak has contract until 2026 and his release clause is 90 million euros, which is about 76 million pounds. That with Ødegaard will be like ~115 million. But yeah, Lautaro might go for a bit cheaper if he doesn't renew.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We have Partey, Xhaka, Sambi and Elneny for 2 spots. I'd rather we get rid of Elneny and get someone there in addition to Sambi who is adjusting too, so cannot be totally trusted upon.

I never want to see Elneny start an important game for Arsenal again. Partey has been injured too much and is going to AFCON.

Isak has contract until 2026 and his release clause is 90 million euros, which is about 76 million pounds. That with Ødegaard will be like ~115 million. But yeah, Lautaro might go for a bit cheaper if he doesn't renew.

I don't think we'll see Elneny starting big games for us if I'm honest. I think it'll be Partey and Xhaka and for now we'll be seeing Lokonga. Which was naturally meant to happen if Partey was ever out. I'd prefer to give a youngster Elneny's spot. I don't think Aouar is going to come in here to play 3rd or 4th fiddle.

Yeah Isak is probably out of reach. Imagine the scenes if we activated that clause, would be so dumb considering he had a clause of 70M euro about a month ago :lol: such an Arsenal thing to do.

One thing with Lautaro is there's absolutely nothing on him signing a new deal. I think if you give Inter an offer they can't refuse they'll take it. Probably will take about £70M though.

drippin

I don't think we'll see Elneny starting big games for us if I'm honest. I think it'll be Partey and Xhaka and for now we'll be seeing Lokonga. Which was naturally meant to happen if Partey was ever out. I'd prefer to give a youngster Elneny's spot. I don't think Aouar is going to come in here to play 3rd or 4th fiddle.

Yeah Isak is probably out of reach. Imagine the scenes if we activated that clause, would be so dumb considering he had a clause of 70M euro about a month ago :lol: such an Arsenal thing to do.

One thing with Lautaro is there's absolutely nothing on him signing a new deal. I think if you give Inter an offer they can't refuse they'll take it. Probably will take about £70M though.
Partey has been injured so much that he can't be trusted to stay fit. So you have likely scenario where Xhaka & Sambi start many games. Sambi has not played in a league this tough and has had two bad injuries earlier already.

So it is then likely we see Elneny starting again at some point. It doesn't have to be Aouar who comes, but someone young, cheap enough who can play multiple positions.

Chambers can of course play DMF, but not sure how he performs there at Arsenal after such a long break from playing there, and we might need him at RB. White has to play CB for us. Azeez is not likely ready to start yet.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
We need creativity no matter what. For the ~30 million we have left if we get Ødegaard (who is 2 years younger than Maddison), we can get for example Aouar for creativity instead of Elneny or upgrade Bellerin.

Makes more sense to me to buy Ødegaard if we can get him without a buy-back clause.
Yeah this for me I would actually take Ode on a loan again in a heartbeat now.

The buy back clause would be a stumbling block to any purchase deal.

If Real say we can have him for 40m but they retain an option to buy back for the same amount or not much more it suits them big time.

drippin

Yeah this for me I would actually take Ode on a loan again in a heartbeat now.
They won't loan him again unless he does the same as Ceballos who extended his contract by a year. I think Ødegaard won't agree to that. He has 2 years in contract.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
They won't loan him again unless he does the same as Ceballos who extended his contract by a year. I think Ødegaard won't agree to that. He has 2 years in contract.
Good point 👍
Im still hopeful we can get him & he can kick on here.

The president at Madrid doesnt seem keen to let him go & he will make the decision.

It will probably go down to the frantic last few days/hours in the window though.

Liam_Og

Real still have transfer business to do. They may be keener to move Øde than we realise. What they are very good at is making the world think their players are unavailable, drives their value up, whereas Arsenal do the polar opposite, like with Guendouzi and Torreira, everybody knows arsenal are keen to get rid so low ball bids follow.

Its a very basic business principle, Supply and Demand.

I do wonder if there is anyone at the club who is strictly of a commercial mindset, because it seems like its Josh’s toybox and he puts nice guys in there to keep it tidy for him.

I want an ar*ehole doing our business, not a nice guy.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Real still have transfer business to do. They may be keener to move Øde than we realise. What they are very good at is making the world think their players are unavailable, drives their value up, whereas Arsenal do the polar opposite, like with Guendouzi and Torreira, everybody knows arsenal are keen to get rid so low ball bids follow.

Its a very basic business principle, Supply and Demand.

I do wonder if there is anyone at the club who is strictly of a commercial mindset, because it seems like its Josh’s toybox and he puts nice guys in there to keep it tidy for him.

I want an ar*ehole doing our business, not a nice guy.
I get what you are saying & yes we could handle things better but it is a really tough market at the moment.
The main reason we are not getting decent money for our players is that most are simply not very good.

Douzi & LT both on loan last season. Douzi did ok but it wasnt like loads of clubs came in offering top money. He showed he could perform to a certain level in the prem. Lets be honest & not beat about the bush as i like him as a player, a prem club could have easy come in and offered £20m & a decent contract but they didnt.

LT hardly played & has made it clear he doesnt want to be in England since his 1st season.
Really tough sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom