• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Odeegards needs to be effective however when dictating. This means, he needs to be more cut throat. For me, he didn't stand out or demand the ball. If he wants to dictate, then do it like a Modric and Carzorla. That's what we need.
The guy will be one of the youngest players in the squad = he's got lots of opportunity to improve his cutting edge, particularly with regular football at a high level

lomekian

Essays are my thing
IT says a lot about the mentality of this traumatised fan base at present, that it looks like we may be about to sign a young, incredibly talented player (that not so long ago every top team in Europe was courting) in a position of need for a good fee, and so many people are *****ing that we aren't spending twice as much on an older guy with serious injury issues who has done well in a totally different system.

MO11 at £30m, even in covid market, is a brilliant signing

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Club always finds a way to disappoint me. Decent player but defo the most boring of anyone we were linked to for the ten spot.

Also the slowest, most limited, least fluid, etc etc.
Yeah not that I think he's bad I just wished we got someone who was a bit more athletic/explosive, but Ødegaard is good he'll only improve more.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Worse still I worry it's you boy who'll miss out. It'll probably be ESR-Ødegaard-Saka as first choice and to me, although all very good players it's a bit predictable and you need that wee bit of unpredictability and that spark which Pepe gives, that ability to score and create from very little as well as his explosiveness. But that is Arteta's football in a nutshell, he doesn't like anything unpredictable, he likes repetitive, dull, uncomplicated football.
I hope Saka starts adding goals, he has the skill definitely. If he does I don't see what Pepe offers that he can't on the right.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
IT says a lot about the mentality of this traumatised fan base at present, that it looks like we may be about to sign a young, incredibly talented player (that not so long ago every top team in Europe was courting) in a position of need for a good fee, and so many people are *****ing that we aren't spending twice as much on an older guy with serious injury issues who has done well in a totally different system.

We've got BTSD - Brentford Traumatic Stress Disorder

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Good signing. If he can link up with Pepe, we are a completely different proposition.

Our future is bright with forward players like Ødegaard, Martinelli, ESR, Saka and Balogun.

Ødegaard for Willock is an upgrade, Sambi for Guendouzi is hard to call, if we replace Ceballos with an upgrade, we've improved.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

Whenever we sign a player usually there is something that might cause a bit of concern for me. Whatever that is the fee, their age, their potential, their integration into the team or the position they play in etc. With this deal I really can't think of anything. This transfer is as close as a "no brainer" as you are likely to get.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Some are not that excited as he was already here, and you know, people want shiny new things... It's a long term value that's not likely to drop.
My only concern is that 1 of Pepe and ESR will be dropped so Ode can play, so we would basically replace 1 good player with a new one while at the same time our 4th choice CB will play the RB position.... It is a question of spending limited money wisely, and I'm not 100% that was the case

Goonger

They're really trying to make Xt a thing lmao.

That actually had a guy in the radio station Talksport talking about it & explaining it. Seems there's 2 camps, ones that think it's a lot of **** for geeks & people that think it's good info. Clubs obviously use all the info they can.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Allow me to plug this again.

- That pass to Pepe vs West Ham. Eye of the needle.

- That first time pass to Tierney who crosses to Saka to tap in. Glorious pre assist.

- That pass to Martinelli vs Palace

- That passage of play vs Chelsea where he dictated beating the press and breaking away.

What a player we have on our hands. I just beg fans to give him a free pass for the next two. None of us are expecting anything from these games yet.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Allow me to plug this again.

- That pass to Pepe vs West Ham. Eye of the needle.

- That first time pass to Tierney who crosses to Saka to tap in. Glorious pre assist.

- That pass to Martinelli vs Palace

- That passage of play vs Chelsea where he dictated beating the press and breaking away.

What a player we have on our hands. I just beg fans to give him a free pass for the next two. None of us are expecting anything from these games yet.

He’s got unbelievable talent and stylistically is the closest player I’ve seen for a while to Özil.

I get people here didn’t see much of him aside from a brief spell in a disjointed arsenal team so their perception might not be the most informed.

I watched his season at Sociedad and he was unreal. And at 22 he’s got at least a few more levels to his game.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
I think 30-34 million is a good transfer fee. As long as he doesn't turn out to be completely and utterly useless and/or permanently injured we should make out alright regardless. This type of fee also means he doesn't come with that big baggage of needing to turn it on and be top, top class every game like he would if he was a +50million signing.

If he plays 30-40 games this season and chips in with ~15-20 goal contributions I'd be happy with that.

chessygoal

Some are not that excited as he was already here, and you know, people want shiny new things... It's a long term value that's not likely to drop.
My only concern is that 1 of Pepe and ESR will be dropped so Ode can play, so we would basically replace 1 good player with a new one while at the same time our 4th choice CB will play the RB position.... It is a question of spending limited money wisely, and I'm not 100% that was the case
We don't need to drop Pepe and ESR for most games. I'd say play a 433 Partey, Ødegaard, Saka in midfield and ESR, Pepe, Auba upfront. And give those guys freedom to move around.
We can have a more defensive setup for top 4 opponents.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He’s got unbelievable talent and stylistically is the closest player I’ve seen for a while to Özil.

I get people here didn’t see much of him aside from a brief spell in a disjointed arsenal team so their perception might not be the most informed.

I watched his season at Sociedad and he was unreal. And at 22 he’s got at least a few more levels to his game.
Agreed. Özil a level above in playmaking, but then few players will ever touch Özil for that. Ødegaard is more suited to the current PL than Özil imo. He works a lot harder when tracking back and knows how to press. Exciting longterm signing.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Agreed. Özil a level above in playmaking, but then few players will ever touch Özil for that. Ødegaard is more suited to the current PL than Özil imo. He works a lot harder when tracking back and knows how to press. Exciting longterm signing.
Özil undeniably the more consistent player when it comes to creative passing but Ode isn’t far behind.

I think Ode is the more dynamic of the two though, certainly when it comes to dribbling and shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom