• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I think 30-34 million is a good transfer fee. As long as he doesn't turn out to be completely and utterly useless and/or permanently injured we should make out alright regardless. This type of fee also means he doesn't come with that big baggage of needing to turn it on and be top, top class every game like he would if he was a +50million signing.

If he plays 30-40 games this season and chips in with ~15-20 goal contributions I'd be happy with that.
15 - 20 goal contributions would be incredible for a first season but that might be setting your expectations a bit high. That would be on par or better than Grealish last season for example. 12-14 league G+A this season and he's done well in my book.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Style wise, it's much better to have Ødegaard and ESR, rather than ESR and Maddison.

We need players to be able to do different things to make our attack better/not predicable...Cesc and Hleb or Özil and Sanchez worked really well together, because they brought different strengths to the team...if we signed Maddison, him and Emile would pretty much be bringing the same thing to the table...2 players who can run at the backline, but neither player is an elite passer.

It's cheaper and a player we don't really have...much better deal this.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I've read we are close to getting him & he may even be available for the game against Chelsea which might be handy. Is it going to be a permanent transfer now or is it a season long loan with the option to buy permanently from next year?

Camus

Trusted ⭐
15 - 20 goal contributions would be incredible for a first season but that might be setting your expectations a bit high. That would be on par or better than Grealish last season for example. 12-14 league G+A this season and he's done well in my book.
Yeah I was just kind of basing it on Pepe who got a G+A every 140minutes last season and 150minutes in his 1st season, better than what I'm asking of Ødegaard. Despite that he didn't look particularly good and I think Ode is a better player than him so I thought 180minutes would be doable. I was also factoring in the FA Cup and LC were maybe he could up his numbers against weaker opposition kinda like Pepe did in the EL. But yeah if we're just talking about PL then I'd also be happy with 12-14

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Only thing that annoys me is that we weren't able to get him early in the transferwindow so he could enjoy a full pre-season with us and be completely integrated by the time the f*cking Brentford game was on. Could've used him then.

He trained with us for 5 months. I don’t think he needs integrating.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Well I'm happy to get him permanently, he impressed me at times with his limited time last year. He is a playmaker type player which will help us along with ESR.

Kwaku

I like to get onto the club as much as any fan, but selling Willock and getting Ødegaard for that fee is good business. The technical level of the squad needs to be raised and Ødegaard at the minimum does that.

African Flair

Only thing that annoys me is that we weren't able to get him early in the transferwindow so he could enjoy a full pre-season with us and be completely integrated by the time the f*cking Brentford game was on. Could've used him then.
If it was up to arsenal this deal would be done 6 weeks ago but by all reports to read off, Madrid certainly wasn't up for it and Ode himself wanted a shot in Madrid.

Historical hough we have been way too slow with our business and imo really should value having the players settled with the team and everyday life well before the season starts.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think that was mostly due to him wanting to ascertain game time at Real. Once it became clear that he was not a guaranteed starter, he wanted to leave.

If he is to realise his potential, he needs to play week in week out. You don't develop by sitting on the bench. In addition, he was clear that he didn't want another loan.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Look like this will be done before Friday if we register him in time he might start on bench good news for us he already settled know the players and the manager.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think 30-34 million is a good transfer fee. As long as he doesn't turn out to be completely and utterly useless and/or permanently injured we should make out alright regardless. This type of fee also means he doesn't come with that big baggage of needing to turn it on and be top, top class every game like he would if he was a +50million signing.

If he plays 30-40 games this season and chips in with ~15-20 goal contributions I'd be happy with that.

I like Ødegaard, have done since his first few games for us. I do expect goals but tbf 15 to 20 is striker level, reaching 10 and I'd be happy. We need the same from Saka and ESR. Goals from midfield is something we've lacked for some time, if those 3 add 30 goals a season it would make a huge difference.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Wenger would have loved having a player like Ødegaard to work with and mould.

Feels like a proper Arsenal type player. If he can add a bit more end product to his game then he'll turn into a very shrewd bit of business.

Even at his current level £30m-ish is far from excessive to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom