• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Definitely one of the better comps I have watched of this kid, proper gets you excited to have him back and to see how he does over the course of a season.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Imagine thinking I am backing trolling Leicester fans because I rate Maddison by posting statistics and arguments because of your assumption. Absolute *****.
No one cares about Maddison. I haven't even when the rumours started.

This is Ødegaard thread and you go praising Maddison while a Leicester troll bashes Ødegaard here.

Wtf.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Edit: Forget this, I made a stat error. Odeegard still has a higher chance creation per 90.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

No one cares about Maddison. I haven't even when the rumours started.

This is Ødegaard thread and you go praising Maddison while a Leicester troll bashes Ødegaard here.

Wtf.
So @Diesel is a Leicester troll? Because I haven't replied or tagged that Leicester waste yute in more than a week. It's not me feeding him. What about the numerous posts of Arsenal fans in here praising our Ødegaard business but knocking on Maddison? I rate Maddison so I will back him, with or without a Leicester troll occupying you rent free.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Uhm, sorry to burst your bubble, but if we're going back to 2018 Odeegard has created 185 chances in 52 league matches. Maddison has 228 in 98....
Okay and is this supposed to tell me that Maddison is average? You're also counting the Eredivisie which is absolutely pathetic.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Okay and is this supposed to tell me that Maddison is average? You're also counting the Eredivisie which is absolutely pathetic.
Actually made an error there (doesn't change the outcome all that much)(I counted from 2019, so Eredivise isn't included). And no, Maddison is a top player too, just pointing out that he isn't levels above Odeegard. Though I probably just took your post wrong.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I get the English bias thing, it really does exist heavily. But I love ESR and also welcome Ødegaard. They can both work in the lineup.

We can't have it both ways? We can't say it's english bias if pundits don't like a foreign player we signed, and that we would rate a player higher if his name ended gnos or zios or whatever sounds foreign (which happens all the time on this form).

Truth is we don't like it when people disagree with us in players, and that's all.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

@Gooner416 Tell us you're sexually attracted to Maddison without actually telling us you're sexually attracted to Maddison.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

F82352AA-0C3A-48FB-8AFB-C04B80C6A741.jpeg

All those people hating on Bruno Fernandes need to put respect on his name.

ArsenalFever

The Ødegaard Arsenal have signed, is the one for his displays as a Sociedad player, this is really the latest benchmark of his capabilities, he hasnt had much to show since he returned to Madrid and then loaned into a disjointed Arsenal team where the performance levels of most Arsenal players were random up and down.

If you take those Sociedad performances into consideration, then surely Arsenal have just signed one of the best young creators globally. Who else is on the market, for under 50m who could perform to those kind of levels....

Madrid are a club who are notorious for signing players for large sums who walk into the starting 11, they bought Ødegaard while he was still in his teens and didnt really integrate him, but you could see while he was at Vitesse and Sociedad that he has the technical qualities to fit into most probably any side in the world.

So for 30-40m, crazy good business, may be worth double that in a year and imo it is a huge step forward for Arsenal with him in the side.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Nice chart but extremely misleading without minutes played.

Ødegaard needs to improve his goals/assists if he wants to be in the same category as those players imo.

But nothing will change with Arteta as our manager and our one chance a game football.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Nice chart but extremely misleading without minutes played.
It has games played and states the start which is Jan, it's better than a lot of the statistics that get posted around here.

All 5 are great players. Fernandes and KDB are obviously a cut above looking at their numbers in correlation to their sample size.

Where this falls down is it doesn't take into account the teams they are in but nothing is perfect. I think Ødegaard with the games he played holds up ok there goals aside.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
His stats are only for 8 games, numpty.

Doesn't that chart show he only played 8 league games from January, he wasn't really there when the heat was in for City.

Felt he didn't deserve it last year, Gundogan was more worthy than him...was terrible in the Champions League final too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom