• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't see any point in loaning Ødegaard, unless there is an option to buy. Try before Buy!

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
I’m not excited about anything. You’re just talking bollocks again. He’s 22 and has almost 100 senior appearances but you’re acting like he just walked out of youth football. If the player is good enough they adapt quickly. If they’re **** they won’t. Gabriel adapted quickly, Pepe didn’t. Martinelli adapted quickly, Lucas Perez didn’t.
People are acting like he's some Spanish midget. He's a 22 year old blonde ****ing viking. They don't usually have problems settling in England ffs!

wolfkidultman

Reminder that our current backup 20 year old Emile Smith-Rowe who has fewer than ten Premier League games under his belt is Willian.

Our other realistic options appear to be £40m Buendia, Eriksen or Isco on loan, an inexperienced teenager from Reading or Willian.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arsenal have no business bring 22 year olds from La Liga the way it is.

A stint with Arsenal will damage his overall stock imho. Real Sociedad would be the superior loan for him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Everyone get in here. @field442 and @GDeep™ are at it again.

D728-D34-B-35-A2-4215-ACB6-372-C9-A546007.png

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m not excited about anything. You’re just talking bollocks again. He’s 22 and has almost 100 senior appearances but you’re acting like he just walked out of youth football. If the player is good enough they adapt quickly. If they’re **** they won’t. Gabriel adapted quickly, Pepe didn’t. Martinelli adapted quickly, Lucas Perez didn’t.

Mourinho said recently that if you're a top player, you can play in any league or under any manager/system. All the rest is excuses and bullshit. I actually tend to agree with him here.

I'm all for this Ødegaard deal, makes the most sense out of every target we've been linked with this window.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Id rather Olise.

We disbanded our scouting network because we are data driven apparently. Yet we haven't made one signing or be linked to someone through data. It is all based on players we know or the reputation of the player.

We have a plan? But we haven't scouted any back ups? We are open to doing business. The window closes in 10 days. Wtf are we doing?

You may be right about our recruitment being **** but your arguments are weird.

First of all, how exactly do you come to a conclusion that a data driven/supported signing can not be a player that has established a widely known reputation. If you do data analysis but then exclude all players whose data fits your needs but are well known, aren't you still making decisions based on reputation, not data. Players with good data tend to build a reputation as well, especially nowadays when more and more teams are performing data analysis. Picking up exclusively unknown names out of data based shortlists isn't a good practice of data driven recruitment, it's called being a hipster.

Secondly, just because a team recruits a player that they know, it doesn't exclude data analysis. In the end, isn't it even better to know a bit about the player's mentality etc. in addition to the performance data instead of just looking solely at the data?

Finally, I fully agree that our recruitment needs to be better and Olise is a promising young talent. But Olise's data is based on a very small sample size of 42 pro league games. Surely sample size is one of the most crucial parameters when performing any data analysis. It is extremely rare that a 19 year old player with such a limited experience from pro level is able to make a significant impact in his first PL season. Especially if were looking for a player who can not only manage at the PL level but who can actually help us push the top 6 and maybe even win the EL.

Jason Jace

Why are we fighting ourselves over issues that's out of our hands, if the player is willing to come here and the club is willing to buy him, he will be here irrespective of what we think...

And the issue of Him or any player needing a decade to settle is bullocks, if you are Good, you are good, tilemans hit ground running when he ariived from Monaco, bernado silver has been fantastic, and other players as well, you don't need time settle if you are good..

And he is not a kid, A 22year old man is man is not a kid, If he commits a crime is going to jail not Juvie

Why

Always Me ?
I do believe he is an exceptional talent and will one day be brilliant. Love to have him here... But... Think he will go Sociedad sadly :(

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

If you had two job offers - one to go reunite with your former boss or to go to a completely different country and prove yourself on the same wages. I'm pretty sure most if not all, would go with the first option. It's human nature, comfort is especially important for a 22 year old seeking game time.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If you had two job offers - one to go reunite with your former boss or to go to a completely different country and prove yourself on the same wages. I'm pretty sure most if not all, would go with the first option. It's human nature, comfort is especially important for a 22 year old seeking game time.
He was in the media several times here in Norway, saying how much he enjoyed his time at Sociedad. Very much the safe option for his development.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Does anyone know where David Silva plays for Sociedad? He's got a very similar style to Ødegaard, and both are left footers. Would assume Ødegaard would play out wide for them to get them both in the same team.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Does anyone know where David Silva plays for Sociedad? He's got a very similar style to Ødegaard, and both are left footers. Would assume Ødegaard would play out wide for them to get them both in the same team.

Usually through the middle where MO played last year.

They might bench Portu and play Silva on the wing but I still think it’s a better fit for him to come here because he’d still be on the bench there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom