• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matchday Meetups?

Wembley79

Do Arsenal-Mania members ever arrange for matchday meetups ? For those going to the game, or maybe going to the Rocket etc?

Think it would be a good laugh for us to have some way of meeting up with others on here (even if its just by proximity inside the ground)

Would be interested to know what others think/if this has been done in the past/plans for future

James

Established Member
I've attempted a few times (see <a class="postlink-local" href="https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=37194" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=47&t=37194</a>), but nothing's ever come of it. I am one though that is more than up for pre/post match drinks.

Double_H

Established Member
ive always wanted to meet some of the guys here ..and i try to see Arsenal as much as i can ( being overseas fan )

im going to the Man city game and Villareal away

xcdude24

Established Member
I'll be around next season- i'll definitely try to get something organized. Watch this space come September '09 or thereabouts.

General

Established Member
I was in the Rocket today, although I often do the Pins. What better way to start the day than to see some talentless northern muppets hammering the ****.

Wembley79

General said:
I was in the Rocket today, although I often do the Pins. What better way to start the day than to see some talentless northern muppets hammering the ****.

So was I general - was waiting for Farrukh.

General

Established Member
Yeah I was near the big screen with a mate, not far from the geezer in the noticeable yellow JVC shirt. Didn't the roof just come off when those northerners scored. One of the best Saturdays in a while. Sunny weather and lovely ladies everywhere. :D Was in block 5

Wembley79

F*ck me - I was stood over by the ladies (in an old school Arsenal Jacket - JVC embroidered on it)

Yep, was ace both when they scored and Palacios got sent off too.

My season ticket is in block 5 :O Row 16

General

Established Member
Very close on both accounts. We didn't seem too far apart. I think they were Celtic/Arsenal fans. **** me, the guy in the yellow shirt went nuts in front of the screen when Blackburn went 2-1 up :lol:

I'll most probably be at Boro and certainly Stoke so will get in touch closer to the time. Often sit in Block 19 near the away fans but I have been doing orange quad for the last few home games just for a change. We were in Row 9. Nice of Kolo to come over and clap us before kickoff. Atmosphere was rubbish though, even Redaction. The weather certainly made up for it.

Wembley79

Trouble is that its only the first half dowzen seats in from the RedAction side of Block 5 that sing - any further in, and they sit their looking at you like your mad when you sing :(

General

Established Member
One bloke kept tapping my shoulder to sit down. Felt like punching his lights out. Don't often get that in block 19 so that was my last in the orange quad. If you didn't have a season ticket, I'd say come over for a change. Plenty of friendly banter next to the away fans.

Wembley79

tbh, I am thinking of giving my season ticket up (well, letting my bro pay for it next year) and doing the away games.

I had a go at some bloke a couple of rows in front of me on Saturday for that - everyone stood up to "Stand up if you hate tottenham" , and he was telling the guy in front to sit down - I told him behave - and that he wasnt at the opera ffs

General

Established Member
You don't really get that **** in 19 to be honest. And when the away fans refuse to sit, we do the same. Speak to the club and see if you can get at least a Silver before giving up your ST (if you're thinking about giving it up all together).

Have you guys seen this...

<a class="postlink" href="http://onlinegooner.com/exclusive/index.php?id=1072" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://onlinegooner.com/exclusive/index.php?id=1072</a>

Wembley79

General,

I have no intention of giving up the season ticket - waited too long for it lol

Shame about that guy in the link, but tbh, sounds like more is going on there than just a ticket

General

Established Member
Wembley79 said:
Shame about that guy in the link, but tbh, sounds like more is going on there than just a ticket

Yeah I think there's more to it than he's letting on. How on earth was he spotted by the same copper on a matchday, seeing as there are other 60,000 + fans streaming by? I find that hard to believe unless he went looking for it. Then he spoke about people he knew getting thrown out for doing drugs at club level, and I thought alright mate. :roll:

Timleaf

Established Member
I share season ticket with my brother. Well, he pays and I go when I can and he cant. Orange quad, block 5, row 28. Right in the middle of Red Action, more or less. Dont sit down for 90 minutes. Fantastic! Brother is out of the country for the rest of the season and I'm on sick leave from work, so if we in something he'll be seriously gutted!

I'm goin to the Villarral game but wont have time for a drink or owt, but if anyone is going Chelsea or later in season then I'm up for it.

Wembley79

Timleaf said:
I share season ticket with my brother. Well, he pays and I go when I can and he cant. Orange quad, block 5, row 28. Right in the middle of Red Action, more or less. Dont sit down for 90 minutes. Fantastic! Brother is out of the country for the rest of the season and I'm on sick leave from work, so if we in something he'll be seriously gutted!

I'm goin to the Villarral game but wont have time for a drink or owt, but if anyone is going Chelsea or later in season then I'm up for it.

Tim, I will be at Villareal and Chelseas for sure (wont be at boro or stoke tho)

I am 12 rows in front of you then :D

Top Bottom