• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mateo Kovačić

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I think it's time this kid gets his own thread.
We are over here heavily linked with him. Milan and ManUtd also showed interest and are sending scouts.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.eatsleepsport.com/arsenal/gunners-rivals-now-go-for-kovacic-1280272.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.eatsleepsport.com/arsenal/gu ... 80272.html</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.clubcall.com/arsenal/clamour-for-croatian-messi-grows-1280272.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.clubcall.com/arsenal/clamour ... 80272.html</a>

Kid is really something special. At the age of 17 he made his full start vs Real Madrid and looked like he belong there. His dribbling making space and counter attacks are already admirable as well as him interceptions and reading of game. I'm sure he will be world class player in years to come.
The way he made Xabi Alonso his b**ch several times last night was simply impressive.
If possible this kid should be wrapped up in January.

Floating

Established Member
How much do you reckon he would cost? Are Dinamo willing to sell? What player(s) is he similar to?

Thommybhoy

Established Member
They'll ask a lot imo. Mentioned price is 10m. It's hard to guess but if I have to I'd say 7m should do it. Since yesterday Juventus and Bayern also showed interest.
Can't figure out anybody I'd say he is similar to, he is very direct in going forward and can open space easily and single handedly carry out most of a counter attack. That's the ability in him that impresses me the most.
Plus yesterday he was subbed of in 63rd minute and he had 9,184 km behind him.

Anzac

Established Member
The pessimist in me sees the likes of this kid as a reason why we won't persue known talent such as Hazard or Gotze, just as Chamberlain & Campbell are excuses as to why we don't NEED the likes of Mata & Co.

According to the AST report the post OT transfers were NOT planned activity, which includes the reported interest/bids for Hazard/Gotze/M'Vila.

eye4goal

Established Member
I watched the first half against Madrid. He looked like a central player playing wide. It was a tough game for Dynamo but he looks a talent. He reminds me of Banega. He is not that quick but his dribbling is very good and he can keep the ball well under pressure.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Anzac said:
According to the AST report the post OT transfers were NOT planned activity, which includes the reported interest/bids for Hazard/Gotze/M'Vila.
that just removed most credibility... they dont really know that much TBH

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Wouldn't mind if we spend 20m to get him and Vrasjlko in here. Looks quite a talent, watching his game against Hajduk

fabo

6.51 / 10
Surely the Vrsaljko ship has sailed after we bought Jenkinson, Wenger clearly rates the kid if he's given him such a big role this season.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Don't think he has given him a big role, but rather injuries/suspension forced his hand.

Anzac

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Anzac said:
that just removed most credibility... they dont really know that much TBH

The comments came out post the interview / Q&A they had with Gazidis so presumably he was the source of the info.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Apparently City is very interested in him and Vrsaljko and Dinamo's CEO was already in Manchester to talk to them.
What a terrible move if true.
Problem is with situation in Dinamo (against UEFA rules), players don't have much say in this, and all Mamic sees is cash.

Mamic confirmed he was in Manchester talking to City, but also in London. Kovacic apparently prefers ManUtd over ManCity.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Some rather reliable sources claim we are in talks and that we offered for Vrsaljko and Kovacic will be 26m. City offered 28m. Here insert old story I think it would be around 15m for both. Mamic confirmed he talked to both us and City. And that he talked to us last winter. Vrsaljko is apparenlty close to City and Kovacic doesn't want to go there, and Mamic is a bit more against selling him yet. But we talk about man who loves money. A lot.
I wouldn't giving 15m for them both, we'd get one of the hottest prospects in Europe with whole lot more talent than Modric, and very good, but moody fullback. He hasn't be the same since that first link with us. And his price is obviusly lower.
We have been after Kovacic for ages.
Link (in Croatian)
<a class="postlink" href="http://sportske.jutarnji.hr/city-za-vrsaljka-i-kovacica-nudi-28-milijuna-eura--arsenal-26--u-igru-se-umijesali-chelsea-i-spursi/992359/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sportske.jutarnji.hr/city-za-vrs ... si/992359/</a>

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
There's no concrete quotes in that link, only Mamić saying there's nothing new on the transfer front, other than that the article is pure speculation.

I wouldn't mind both of them here tbh, especially Kovačič, he looks like a proper talent.

realtalk

Established Member
This the kid we should buy immensly talented very rounded midfielder.

Think we could get him for 8-10 we have been scouting him for years this kid is special I rather this kid then reus who is limited to just cam not rounded enough.

I'll try find the vids of this kid so rounded.

Floating

Established Member
realtalk said:
This the kid we should buy immensly talented very rounded midfielder.

Think we could get him for 8-10 we have been scouting him for years this kid is special I rather this kid then reus who is limited to just cam not rounded enough.

I'll try find the vids of this kid so rounded.

That's all well and good, but is he rounded?

Top Bottom