• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mathieu Debuchy (Out) | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I really thought we signed a gritty, aggressive warrior with this one.

Could not have been more wrong.

I would wish him well but really dont give a **** either way.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Started with such promise and unlucky injuries and a spineless attitude and a sense of entitlement made him one of our biggest ever mistakes. Bye.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

No coincidence then that they posted an in-depth interview with him on YouTube today. Seems he really got done by these injuries.

Overall, it's just unlucky how things worked out with him I guess. He seemed a good buy at the time when we only had Jenko and an unproven Hector.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
No coincidence then that they posted an in-depth interview with him on YouTube today. Seems he really got done by these injuries.

Overall, it's just unlucky how things worked out with him I guess. He seemed a good buy at the time when we only had Jenko and an unproven Hector.
When we got him I didn;t even know we had a Hector

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
almost time to lock this baby up. Has to be either the Sven or the Barcelona guy's effect that we've pretty much got rid of everyone we wanted to get rid off in summer but couldn't for one reason or another.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We free 70K a week that good news too. His Nottingham game performance all but confirm he is done in high level.

Good luck Mathieu

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He should've acted differently and perhaps if he had Wenger would've been more willing to put him in the team.

He was a decent signing that had bad luck. Wasn't it an ankle injury in his first few months, then the shoulder shortly after returning. Then when Bellerin was injured/performing poorly he got given another shot and looked like an instant upgrade only to pull up with a hamstring.

Bellerin and three unfortunate injuries ruined his time here.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
He's getting a lot of hate here which is a bit harsh, before injury he weren't too bad for us really. Got injured and probably knew deep down that his career at the top level was finished, if I was him I would have done the exact same thing and ran down the last big contract I will ever have and bank that money for the future.

People acting like they wouldnt do the same, he did the right thing for himself in my opinion, I imagine when he joined that was not his intention to do but **** changes, good luck to him.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I actually feel sorry for the guy. He arrived here as the first choice Rb for France and through no fault of his own got injured and lost his place to a rookie. After that Wenger never gave him a proper opportunity to get his place back. A game here and there but nothing regular or consistent. We blocked his loan to United (cough, Alexis) we turned down token fees because we wanted more which stopped him moving on becoming a forgotten man.

I can't blame him for being frustrated or sitting out the rest of his contract. We wanted to much money for a player we had no intention of using and in the end we paid up his contract for him to leave on a free. I feel his frustration with us.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
He's getting a lot of hate here which is a bit harsh, before injury he weren't too bad for us really. Got injured and probably knew deep down that his career at the top level was finished, if I was him I would have done the exact same thing and ran down the last big contract I will ever have and bank that money for the future.

People acting like they wouldnt do the same, he did the right thing for himself in my opinion, I imagine when he joined that was not his intention to do but **** changes, good luck to him.

Why?

Ankle was a bone break bones heal

And a shoulder injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom