• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mathieu Debuchy: Still Here Guys

StatLad

I really want to talk about him. Been a rock solid so far and seems serious about his role at the club now. Playing with the youngsters and be a senior figure and guiding them. If he keeps up he can easily get more game time in other competitions!

Literally only senior player that can hold his head high after tonight game!
I want him to at least make the substitutes bench in the Premier League but alas, he's burnt his bridges with Wenger.

say yes

forum master baiter
I want him to at least make the substitutes bench in the Premier League but alas, he's burnt his bridges with Wenger.

I don’t think he’d be getting any minutes at all if he’s burnt his bridges with Wenger.

Delighted for him to get another 90 under his belt- very useful to have another experienced defender available and he’s our second best RWB if anything happens to Bellerin.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He looked good and reminded me why I wasn't so fearful when Sagna left. I'd like him to get his head right and stay if he can remain injury free.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I don’t think he’d be getting any minutes at all if he’s burnt his bridges with Wenger.

Delighted for him to get another 90 under his belt- very useful to have another experienced defender available and he’s our second best RWB if anything happens to Bellerin.
That's one great thing about Wenger, he always shares a great rapport with the players. If it was someone like Mourinho or Conte, Debuchy would be playing non league football by now

Linson

Anyone know exactly why he fell out of favour? I've always really rated and really liked him...

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
He was reported not being too happy about Wenger not sanctioning a loan deal to Utd and was sulking a bit in the papers I think. But it`s never been confirmed that he and Wenger had a serious falling out. Mostly he`s just been terribly unlucky with injuries. came back a year ago, played very well for half an hour and then got injured again. I doubt his relationship with Wenger has been that bad, Wenger doesn't`t really tend to fall out with players. Considering how many players he has managed it`t actually quite remarkable how few players have had any negative things to say about him. Some will obviously take that as a sign of him being too nice with his players and they might be partly right but it`s also a testament to his character.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyone know exactly why he fell out of favour? I've always really rated and really liked him...

Nothing, except be unlucky.

Dislocated his shoulder six months after we signed him , which allowed Bellerin to become first choice.

Always been adamant he could have been a real challenge had he not sulked in the media.

tcahill

I'm really starting to like this lad again, quietly putting in quality consistent performances. At this rate he'll overtake Holding in the CB order.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I'm really starting to like this lad again, quietly putting in quality consistent performances. At this rate he'll overtake Holding in the CB order.
He has always been good and performed well.each time he was called on.

Just rather unfortunate with injuries etc. Didn't even think his attitude was bad at all. Great to have him back, capable CB and good RB. I'd honestly have him over Bellerin due to his defensive awareness and nous.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If we switch to a back four then Debuchy might have a claim to be RB but we're playing with wing-backs currently and I don't think Debuchy is suited to that role at all, far better being one of the wide CB options currently.

We could do with adding another wing-back in January because after Kolasinac and Bellerin you've got Monreal but he's getting older and then you're relying on guys like AMN and Nelson in those positions which could become very tricky especially if we get a couple of injuries.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Nothing, except be unlucky.

Dislocated his shoulder six months after we signed him , which allowed Bellerin to become first choice.

Always been adamant he could have been a real challenge had he not sulked in the media.

The second shoulder injury still rankles pretty badly with me. Arnautovic clearly (intentionally) pushed him mid-air into the advertising boards with no means of protecting himself. That dog act should have received a significant ban and a significant fine. In the same season, we also had Alexis getting tunnelled into a media pit away to one of those nothing mid-lands clubs, West Brom I think.

After all that, there's been complete radio silence from the PL about incidents like that and no one seems to care when an airborne, completely prone player is nudged into touch by an opposing player. It's highly dangerous and one day will result in a very, very serious injury.

Aevi

Hale End FC
What a knobhead, I bet he could have reinstated his place in the first team had he not laid down his tools and thrown a fit when Bellerin first threatened his spot. He got unlucky, no doubt, but he still threw away opportunities to prove himself to Wenger. He clearly has ability, shame we haven't been able to see much of it during his spell at the club.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He might be playing RCB at the weekend if Mustafi is injured. Can he and Bellerin replicate on the right what Monreal and Kola have done on the left? He was solid tonight and should be able to make a contribution in the PL.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He might be playing RCB at the weekend if Mustafi is injured. Can he and Bellerin replicate on the right what Monreal and Kola have done on the left? He was solid tonight and should be able to make a contribution in the PL.

But I’m hoping they WON’T replicate what Monreal and Kola have done to our left side :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He did play CB that season we signed Chambers and tried Monreal in the centre. Could he play it, yes but I'd be uncomfortable with two full backs playing centre back. I think in a back three you can have one for recovery and defensive ability but two is pushing it.

StatLad

Time for him to get a run in the team instead of Bellerin.
At this rate I'd be happy for him to get at least a spot on the substitute bench. His problem at the moment seems to be that he gives away penalties often (should have given one away against Norwich, gave one away against Köln...)

Top Bottom